Sign in to follow this  
sof

My wife's new Sig

Bought the wife a Sig Sauer P226 Classic 22lr yesterday and ordered the 9mm X-change kit for it as well. With that combination, she will eventually have two different pistols in effect for the price of the Sig 9mm. We read lot's of review of both guns and the kit, and I think it will end up being a deal that is hard to beat.

I took her to the range for here first time only a month ago and she's infected for good. She didn't like the 9 at first so I let her shoot just the 22 for 3 weeks without comment and once she got comfortable with it she was amenable to giving it another go on the 9mm. Just a shot or two the first time, but by the second time out she was enjoying it as much as the 22. By the way she's pretty good on the 22 and progressing on the 9.

Hopefully this will turn out to be the best of both worlds. Opinions?

Don't worry, you'll have to wait. They are harder to find than hen's teeth.

Meanwhile enjoy, but do check out that Sigpower website for the problem of the slide not locking back after the last round is fired and if you want to up the mag capacity to 15 rounds. As one of the youtube videos on this gun pointed out as the gun comes out of the box, you either have to count the shots or put a snap cap (or wall anchor) in the mag before the actual bullets so that you don't have a dry fire at the end of each mag. Jeff at that site has a $20-30 follower that locks it back after the last round so it will lock. Then, you manually flip the slide lock on before releasing the mag so it stays back while you reload. Also, he had the best price I found for a second mag.

By the way which gun config did you get, with or without the beavertail? What do you think of the newer grip type?

Bought the wife a Sig Sauer P226 Classic 22lr yesterday and ordered the 9mm X-change kit for it as well. With that combination, she will eventually have two different pistols in effect for the price of the Sig 9mm. We read lot's of review of both guns and the kit, and I think it will end up being a deal that is hard to beat.

I took her to the range for here first time only a month ago and she's infected for good. She didn't like the 9 at first so I let her shoot just the 22 for 3 weeks without comment and once she got comfortable with it she was amenable to giving it another go on the 9mm. Just a shot or two the first time, but by the second time out she was enjoying it as much as the 22. By the way she's pretty good on the 22 and progressing on the 9.

Hopefully this will turn out to be the best of both worlds. Opinions?

If you don't mind me asking, where did you buy you Sig .22 from and how much was it? I have yet to see one in a shop. 

Bought mine off GB they range from $550 -- $599 in these inflated times.

I do have snap caps for mine to prevent a dry fire. I bought the beavertail one. I'm not a big fan of the feel of the gun.

Feels like a water gun.LOL But I'll get used to it.

Don't worry, you'll have to wait. They are harder to find than hen's teeth.

Meanwhile enjoy, but do check out that Sigpower website for the problem of the slide not locking back after the last round is fired and if you want to up the mag capacity to 15 rounds. As one of the youtube videos on this gun pointed out as the gun comes out of the box, you either have to count the shots or put a snap cap (or wall anchor) in the mag before the actual bullets so that you don't have a dry fire at the end of each mag. Jeff at that site has a $20-30 follower that locks it back after the last round so it will lock. Then, you manually flip the slide lock on before releasing the mag so it stays back while you reload. Also, he had the best price I found for a second mag.

By the way which gun config did you get, with or without the beavertail? What do you think of the newer grip type?

Sigpower is backordered/not responding. Wouldn't order from there.

I have the P229 22LR with the 40 x caliber kit, great set up.

You seem to be right about Sigpower.  Can't get through to them so far though I will continue to try for a while in the hope he's on vacation or some such.  How long ago did you notice the problem with them? It would be too bad if they are out of business or there is some other type of issue there because he got some really good reviews for his stuff, and the products reportedly  did the jobs they were supposed to do and solved some minor issues with the gun. None the less a snap cap isn't that big a deal so she can't wait to let 'er rip.

You seem to be right about Sigpower.  Can't get through to them so far though I will continue to try for a while in the hope he's on vacation or some such.  How long ago did you notice the problem with them? It would be too bad if they are out of business or there is some other type of issue there because he got some really good reviews for his stuff, and the products reportedly  did the jobs they were supposed to do and solved some minor issues with the gun. None the less a snap cap isn't that big a deal so she can't wait to let 'er rip.

My stuff is on order since Feb, some people report getting stuff in but no responses to emails or calls.

Sig P226 is my number one gun. I bought it as .22 and then got a 9mm xchange kit. I like all my guns but the Sig is the special one. I did add the Sigpower mods some time ago. I still get an occasional FTE when shooting the .22 and I clean it after each trip to the range. Still fun, though. I only shoot CCI Mini-Mags in it but I'd like to try some Aguila when I can get  some. Never had any issue at all with the 9mm. I hope she gets as much pleasure from that Sig as I do from mine.