johnnyrebel70

Nj assembly bills going to Christie

If it takes 6 months to get an FID now with just new applicants, how long will it take with 25% of the FID population reapplying every year, on top of the new applicants?

The only way to answer that question is to know the ratio of FID applicants vs P2P applicants. once every 4 years would be a MASSIVE reduction in the number of P2Ps processed. Given that most municipalities handle a change of address on FID like you were applying for a new one, a move would be equivalent to the 4 year expiration. According to NAHB, by year 4, approximately 21% of single family dwelling buyers move. For condos town homes and other similar dwellings, that number jumps to 42%. Averaged over the last decade or so, for a stand alone single family dwelling, you are looking at 12 years for the move out rate to hit 50%. Under the 4 year plan, if it builds a durable 4 year P2P into the FID,  you'd be looking at 3 or 4 visits to the issuing authority to get that done depending on if you renew shortly before moving or wait until you move to do it.  If you bought one handgun every year, that's be 12 visits. To match a 4 year expiration with durable p2p you'd have a hard time getting it down to 3 visits unless you don't really buy much. 

From the what does it do for us perspective it is interesting as well. Given the above math, with a 4 year expiration and a durable 4 year p2p attached, for 3 visits you can acquire unlimited long guns and 48 handguns. What the dollar cost to achieve that in paying the man permit fees and background check fees is unknown. Best case scenario under the current system for three visits, if you are lucky enough to be able to get rubber stamp exceptions and don't count that as a visit AND you don't get hassled for new prints and a background check while doing this (which you shouldn't if you do it as fast as you can opn initial FID issuance), is get FID and 6 permits then file for extension. Repeat after 6 months, and repeat again six months after that. You get unlimited long guns and  18 pistols for 3 visits and about $137 under optimal conditions. IF one applies common sense (HAHAHAHAH), the most expensive license you can get form the DMV is $60 and they seem to thnk that is sufficient for a secure form of ID. Morpho will cost the same as it does now, so like $61. That's $121. In theory, they should be able to deliver this bigger better ID for this price. 

From the what does it do for us perspective it is interesting as well. Given the above math, with a 4 year expiration and a durable 4 year p2p attached, for 3 visits you can acquire unlimited long guns and 48 handguns. What the dollar cost to achieve that in paying the man permit fees and background check fees is unknown. Best case scenario under the current system for three visits, if you are lucky enough to be able to get rubber stamp exceptions and don't count that as a visit AND you don't get hassled for new prints and a background check while doing this (which you shouldn't if you do it as fast as you can opn initial FID issuance), is get FID and 6 permits then file for extension. Repeat after 6 months, and repeat again six months after that. You get unlimited long guns and 18 pistols for 3 visits and about $137 under optimal conditions. IF one applies common sense (HAHAHAHAH), the most expensive license you can get form the DMV is $60 and they seem to thnk that is sufficient for a secure form of ID. Morpho will cost the same as it does now, so like $61. That's $121. In theory, they should be able to deliver this bigger better ID for this price.

I thought I read someplace that if NICS wouldn't be required at point of sale if the buyer has a permit that has performed an equivalent check. I may be confusing two issues. Still do you think that would balance a FID that expires? Renew a combination FID/P2P every four but don't need to wait on NICS....perhaps.

Why? And don't say its a right of 2A. Give a good fact based statement on why you need large capacity magazines?

It's a right of 2A. Deal with it. Or, how about, it takes around 2 seconds to swap a mag? Cho at V. Tech had a backpack full of 10 round mags for his firearms. So much for stopping crime, huh? Oh, also, it's a right of 2A.

I believe the debate is still ongoing to drop the mag limit to 10, again thats livable most ranges only allow you to load 5 rounds at a time anyway

I believe the debate is still ongoing to drop the mag limit to 10, again thats livable most ranges only allow you to load 5 rounds at a time anyway

Livable he says... Wow!

Davis sports in Goshen,Ny limits to 5 rounds, went there in winter because it's a 100 yard indoor range, beyond that the other places I shoot I load up(TO 15 ONLY) as I am law abiding and don't want to offend anyone

You better not be transporting a handgun to NY State without necessary documentation.  Anyway, that is NYS and Goshen.  That is not a local range in NJ.

There may be more, but with Obama in the cr@pper over the IRS and Benghazi issues, Dems will put it on the back burner.....for now. If one does go thru with bad stuff like mag limits or the FPID as sweeney's bill had it, I would hope that Christie has even more leeway to veto it, and show he really isn't a Dem Lib. 

Or, they will inflict it on us hoping the news will keep us preoccupied.

But he's got high hopes... But he's got high hopes...

Whoops there goes another rubber tree... Whoops there goes another rubber tree plant

Standard capacity magazine is a made up term similar to assault weapon. The standard capacity magazine for my rifle is 30 rounds. High capacity would be either 40 rounds or a 100 rd drum. If I ever had a need for a 100 drum there would be Chinese tanks rolling down the street, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to have one.

I don't ever want to use a 100 round drum. Those things are unreliable. That's how the Colorado shooter was brought down. His 100 round mag jammed up. 

They should be legal for precisely this reason. 

livable? thats the dumbest leftist liberal comment i have ever heard, not that you are one but seriosly?

my thoughts as well...accept any of this as 'livable' and i assure you the next round will be worse..until will stand up and stand for our rights in total, they will chip away little by little till they are all gone..none of this should be "livable"..

Why? And don't say its a right of 2A. Give a good fact based statement on why you need large capacity magazines?

i honestly don't need to..the constitution is a permissive document..it's not meant to limit my rights or freedoms, but rather to limit the governments ability to infringe upon them.  As a society, we've forgotten that..we've been trained to believe that politicians (and the laws they deem correct) are our masters..they aren't..they work for us..we pay their salaries..they are public servants..

so whether i "need" one or not is irrelevant..the fact that you believe the governement, or anyone for that matter, has the right to make me justify my ownership is depressing..

We are all prisoners in our own state.  As much as I don't think Christie is gun friendly, I also can't imagine what things would be like had Corzine been re-elected.  We need to get everyone we know to vote pro-gun this election.  If Buono gets elected, say goodbye to your "NJ 2A rights"  as you know them.  Things can be worse.

Because I prefer to live my life and still be prepared for the worst at the same time.

If there is ever a need in my house to have a gun at the ready I want to pick it up with one hand and have the other free to use a phone or what ever else might be necessary. 

I am NOT going to be hamstrung by having to put on a belt with extra magazines, hold an extra magazine in my hand, or  wrap something over my shoulder. 

Dropping the phone for a two handed grip is an option, dropping a magazine is not.

I WILL be grabbing maximum firepower with one hand and a phone to the police with the other. 

Suiting up to make up for an ammunition deficit on a firearm already designed to handle more is not acceptable.

Maybe I was spoiled as a light machine gunner, but many rounds loaded in a bad situation frees your hands and mind to getting on with the business. 

There are many reasons I can think of.

First one is that you need stopping power for a perp that is high on drugs and who may not feel pain as much. The more shots you have, the more likely he will not be able to get back up. You want to make sure the threat is gone, and that means that the perp is not moving. 

The second and more important one is that you may be confronted with multiple assailants and have no time to re-arm. The chance is very good that you will be confronted with multiple attackers.

The third is that if you have 15, 17, 19 or 30 rounds in the magazine with you, you won't have to remember to bring the spare mag. In the heat of the moment you may just have time to grab the gun and go. See above about multiple attackers.

There's a part of me that believes that anything new somehow just won't be better when it comes to New Jersey. History and experience have  taught me that.

Well, even given the back of the napkin math I did, keep in mind it isn't all potential roses. For the guy who wants one handgun for home defense and isn't buying a lot more, they can either deal with the increased risk of not having an FID or are stuck with perpetual recurring costs, even if they do not move. For the guy who buys a shotgun because they hunt and want in on hunting season, they get that cost, or lose the benefit of being able to transport a long gun more freely. 

One could look at that as taking a divide and conquer approach to placing a barrier to entry. IT discourages the more casual participant in the sport/hobby/whatever you want to call it. 

Well, even given the back of the napkin math I did, keep in mind it isn't all potential roses. For the guy who wants one handgun for home defense and isn't buying a lot more, they can either deal with the increased risk of not having an FID or are stuck with perpetual recurring costs, even if they do not move. For the guy who buys a shotgun because they hunt and want in on hunting season, they get that cost, or lose the benefit of being able to transport a long gun more freely. 

One could look at that as taking a divide and conquer approach to placing a barrier to entry. IT discourages the more casual participant in the sport/hobby/whatever you want to call it. 

I find it interesting that the state's process has been taking an inordinate amount of time these days based on comments I've read in so many threads. It's convenient that they are suggesting new processes. The last firearm I may have purchased in NJ might have been fifteen years ago, and the NICS took minutes. A NICS check today in New York still takes about five minutes.

I am getting tired of the pedantic rigamarole's from the clowns who run this state. I vote with my feet in four years. I will never look back at this place again.

Well this in interesting. Many want to leave NJ cause of the 15 mag limit and other things.  Johnson Rebel must want to leave for any state with less than 10. I am (normally) confused. GO Johnny GO!!  Please GO.

You can turn in any gun you want right now. Why do we need another stupid law? Just to tie up the NJSP? We have buy backs galore going on all over the place.  

What I want  and need in firearms is none of anybody's F@#$%^& business.  It's all legal. Leave it that way or remove restrictions. 

And what's wrong with anger, foul language and non civility???  It makes the world go round. It is often quite appropriate. So there. I bet some of you think it is wrong to spank your kid. LOL. Hurry, call DieFuss.   Sorry gotta go and beat my dog - oh sorry again I don't have a dog.    

Well this in interesting. Many want to leave NJ cause of the 15 mag limit and other things.  Johnson Rebel must want to leave for any state with less than 10. I am (normally) confused. GO Johnny GO!!  Please GO.

You can turn in any gun you want right now. Why do we need another stupid law? Just to tie up the NJSP? We have buy backs galore going on all over the place.  

What I want  and need in firearms is none of anybody's F@#$%^& business.  It's all legal. Leave it that way or remove restrictions. 

And what's wrong with anger, foul language and non civility???  It makes the world go round. It is often quite appropriate. So there. I bet some of you think it is wrong to spank your kid. LOL. Hurry, call DieFuss.   Sorry gotta go and beat my dog - oh sorry again I don't have a dog.

Hoorah

I'm leaving because that has been my long-term goal since I got married thirty years ago. I won't miss the traffic here, the congestion, or the taxes. I'm going where the air is cleaner, the game wilder, the living a bit quieter.

I would be ok with a new FID as long as all the electronic mumbo-jumbo is kept off of it.  A non-expiring photo ID.

I'd even consider compromise of the FID expiring every 4 if P2P's are abolished and everything is covered by the single ID.

The electronic tracking stuff... nope.

I second that