Sign in to follow this  
OmniaMors

anyone want to split up a crate of Mosins?

I am looking for a mosin and wanted to set out some feelers if anyone else wanted to split up a crate.

here is the site i intend on using

http://www.classicfirearms.com/mosin-nagant-rfile-by-the-crate

but that was just from google so if anyone wants to suggest a better one im all ears

as of now here are the details

1. The crate costs $2500+shipping for 20 rifles so per rifle will be $125+shipping
  2. Choice of rifle will be by order of sign ups (but if someone can think of a more fair method, let me know
  3. Ammo can also be purchased at $210+shipping for 880 rounds (.24c+shipping per round)
  4. We can pick our place to meet once we know where a majority of our group is. i personally am near NYC, but the final location should be the center for everybody
  5. For payment i think it would make sense to work in cash. So nobody has to drop ~3k (unless someone is willing to volunteer for this) we can have everyone pay me cash (and i will give you my personal info so you have someone to hold accountable) and i will make the payment. Again im completely open to other ideas.

questions? comments? thoughts?

Why couldnt one person take posession of them and have the nics ran... then distribute them... would it still be a straw sale... since everyone would have there fid and what not?

It makes sense to you, makes sense to me... But I think the law defines that as a straw purchase, ... even though everybody has an FID... maybe somebody will correct me, but I am pretty sure that is the case.

I imagine one person buying 20 rifles would be noticed in today's environment, unless you were  a noted Mosin collector and then you would effectively be an "unlicensed" dealer. 

Cabelas in pa had at least 7 on the rack when I was there yesterday for 159

I own four Mosins. The last one I bought looked beautiful (laminated stock), slathered in cosmoline, but the barrel was dirty and pitted. The barrel on the other one I've restored is like a mirror.

I can't say I've had very good luck purchasing used guns online. A recent "hand pick" CZ82 looks like it had been dragged through a quarry pit.

If you can examine one I suggest you go that route. You'll also save on the Xfer, and if you buy in PA your NICS is instant, not infinite.