I havent seen it anywhere in quite a while now.  I used to get it from www.ammoman.com.  His website states that he will not ship to NJ.  If he has it and you give him a call (ask for Eric) he will tell you when to come and pick it up.  If you do this bring cash.  Cash will get you a discount.

Ken

added on edit.  Looks like ammoman is out.  SG does have some at a decent price though.  I am not sure how jammed up they are with shipping.  You might have to wait a few days.

http://www.sgammo.com/catalog/rifle-ammunition/50-bmg

Ken

Are you looking for match ammo or just stuff to make your gun go bang?

Reloading is your best bet.

http://www.50bmgsupply.com/ammo.shtml

Is always someplace to shop if you can't find it locally.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Natchez gets hornady every couple of weeks sign up for the email alert. So few of us that it is actually still in stock when you click the link.

They have it right now.

I think it's the best save reloading with very high quality components.

Good luck and stock up.

Hey guys, I am looking for both match and just go bang stuff. Just ordered some PMC Bronze stuff from sgammo. Thanks for the link!

I also have the reloading dies, but ive never loaded a caliber so large. Anything different or just like loading all other calibers?

Join the Fifty Caliber Shooter's Assoc. Great resource.

Careful on the ammo, on occasion they use steel core bullets that are banned at CR among other places. Use a magnet to test.

I started reloading for 50BMG because I wanted a match-quality round with a little less velocity; when you are only shooting at 300 or 600yds you don't need quite the energy in a standard load.  The only trick is that your powder scale probably doesn't go high enough, so you have to load powder multiple times.  I think this can probably get confusing, so you really need to pay attention.

50BMG brass is usually easy to get, but if you get once-fired, try not to get ammo that was fired in an automatic weapon.  They often have looser chambers, and the brass can be a real bitch to resize.  Military brass also ends up having this tar sealer on the end that can sometimes never come off.  You can buy cleaned and prepped 50BMG brass often, and usually at a reasonable price.  If you don't load it too high it will last a very, very long time.

The only thing with reloading 50cal BMG is the dies have a bigger thread.  Usually you need a dedicated press.  Most presses physically cant fit the BMG brass.  You will also need a dedicated priming tool since the brass and primer are massive.  Trimming requires anohter dedicated tool.  Add all this up and you are going to spend $400 or $500.  Look for a package deal to get it all at once if you can.  It will save you some money.

Ken