Shawnmoore81

Magpul fixed stock

I have the one that has the lever and looks collapsable but the lever does not move.

Fixed. Will take a snap shot tonight. Thx

I have the same AR. You're going to need to replace the buffer tube because the fixed stock Sport (811037) has a fake collapsible stock. The buffer tube that is included is much longer then a real carbine buffer tube. Just buy a mil-spec carbine buffer tube and swap it out. That's what I'm going to do.

I have the same AR. You're going to need to replace the buffer tube because the fixed stock Sport (811037) has a fake collapsible stock. The buffer tube that is included is much longer then a real carbine buffer tube. Just buy a mil-spec carbine buffer tube and swap it out. That's what I'm going to do.

Cool beans. Thanks for the confirmation. Mind if I ask where you will be buying the mil spec buffer tube?

Finally got to take a pic of my fixed stock.  There is got to be away to shorten this stock, its way out there lol...  Most likely will just get the the Magpul MOE fixed stock and get a new buffer tube.

post-6353-0-18194600-1370387210_thumb.jpg

post-6353-0-58857600-1370387220_thumb.jpg

Got it.  Very nice but I may end up selling it. 

I was suspecting it would be a little too short for me from what I read but wanted to try one for myself anyway.

IMG_20130531_173615_868_zpscf9789c2.jpg

Finally got to take a pic of my fixed stock.  There is got to be away to shorten this stock, its way out there lol...  Most likely will just get the the Magpul MOE fixed stock and get a new buffer tube.

Thanks -- you saved me the time trouble and expense of trying it. It sure does look nice, tho!

I have a S&W M4gery and I'm tall so I use a buttpad which adds about 1/2" to the length. I was waiting for the Magpul fixed stock with bated breath, hoping for a longer stock configuration -- so that's not gonna work!

Thanks -- you saved me the time trouble and expense of trying it. It sure does look nice, tho!

I have a S&W M4gery and I'm tall so I use a buttpad which adds about 1/2" to the length. I was waiting for the Magpul fixed stock with bated breath, hoping for a longer stock configuration -- so that's not gonna work!

Just an FYI you can add the extended buttpad to the fixed carbine stock.  They use the same buttpad as the Magpul PRS,  so you can lengthen them a little. It would still be too short for you but posted it for others who may be interested.

Can someone measure the rifle with this stock BARREL TIP TO end of the BUT STOCK and post up. I'm trying to figure out the total length on a rifle

Thx

That could vary quite a bit depending on someone's barrel length and type of brake/compensator no? Holeshot already gave the stock length from the end plate to buttstock so just add that to the end if your receiver.

Can someone measure the rifle with this stock BARREL TIP TO end of the BUT STOCK and post up. I'm trying to figure out the total length on a rifle

Thx

I have a S&W M&P15 Sport with the straight barrel.  My new buffer tube kit just came in and now just waiting on the Magpul MOE fixed stock.  Once I get everything installed I will measure and let you know.  It should be well above the 26" min we need here in NJ.

Check out rock rivers fixed A2 operator stock. It uses a rifle buffer and comes with everything. The Moe rifle stock is god awful ugly.

The swap didn't take too long.  Just scuffed up my original castle nut but all good lol...  Good thing I bought a new buffer tube kit.  Well here it is...  I'm pretty happy with the fit and feel and can't wait to shoot it again.

magpulinstallation_1_zps2051ed47.jpg

magpulinstallation_2_zpsf5a40adf.jpg[

magpulinstallation_4_zpsa73a6b5c.jpg

btw entire lenght is now down to 32.5" or so....

My question is once installed what position is it comparable to in length on a collapsable stock. I have one in my cart on brownells. Just debating it.

the last closest position i think as well...

The swap didn't take too long. Just scuffed up my original castle nut but all good lol... Good thing I bought a new buffer tube kit. Well here it is... I'm pretty happy with the fit and feel and can't wait to shoot it again.

Nice job. Glad you were able to get squared away.

I have a M&P 15 ORC ..... same over length tube....... if you break the pinning and try to repin it in a more closed possition it sticks out the back of the but plate..... I took length measurements ot the tube, inside and out. seems the extra length is just solid aluminum tubing filling the back 3" of the tube...... If you remove the stock, (don't even have to take the tube off the lower) cut 2 1/2 inches off the back of the tube with a dremel or hacksaw (nice and neat and straight), paint the bare metal from the cut black, your left with a standard length cabine buffer tube that still has 1/2 of metal on the back. Now just take your original stock, put it at the length you want and repin it.

Thats what I "was" going to do myself. Then I saw PSA's site with a kit -buffer, spring, latch plate, nut, 6 position tube, stock- all Mil-Spec. $50 for the kit, $7 shipping = $57 delivered to your door. I couldn't pass it up...... I'm going to replace my S&W buffer assembly with the PSA and pin the old stock (closed) to it. Then if NJ ever allows collapsables (hahaha), or I move to an unrestricted state, I'll drill out the pinned stock and slip on the new/working PSA stock that came with the kit. Here's a link to the kit and as of today its in stock ready to ship....... 57 buck delivered, Unbielevible

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/palmetto-state-armory-classic-m4-stock-kit.html

The swap didn't take too long.  Just scuffed up my original castle nut but all good lol...  Good thing I bought a new buffer tube kit.  Well here it is...  I'm pretty happy with the fit and feel and can't wait to shoot it again.

I like the way that looks.  Any chance you could take a measurement from the trigger straight back to the end of the stock so I can get an idea what the LOP is compared to my current setup?

Thanks.

Like thispost-2482-0-29387700-1371349755_thumb.jpg

I like the way that looks.  Any chance you could take a measurement from the trigger straight back to the end of the stock so I can get an idea what the LOP is compared to my current setup?

Thanks.

Like thisattachicon.gifmagpulinstallation_2_zpsf5a40adf.jpg

I'll get the measurement for you.

Thanks.

Like thisattachicon.gifmagpulinstallation_2_zpsf5a40adf.jpg

Sorry took me long to measure but its at 12"...  Hope this helps with your decision.  

Sorry took me long to measure but its at 12"...  Hope this helps with your decision.  

No problem, Thanks for measuring that for me.  Looks like its only about 1/4"-3/8" shorter than what I have my stock at now(3rd spot out), might have to give it a shot.