Shawnmoore81

Magpul fixed stock

btw entire lenght is now down to 32.5" or so....

The overall length of the compliant sport and ORC are 35" according to Smith and Wesson....

32.5 + 0.80 (the thick Magpul buttpad) = 33.30"

I have the slip-on rubber buttpad (+ 0.5") on the fake-collapsible stock now = 35.5".

There's just no way this is going to work.... too bad, I really like the look!

The overall length of the compliant sport and ORC are 35" according to Smith and Wesson....

32.5 + 0.80 (the thick Magpul buttpad) = 33.30"

I have the slip-on rubber buttpad (+ 0.5") on the fake-collapsible stock now = 35.5".

There's just no way this is going to work.... too bad, I really like the look!

Work for who? Works for me...

I'm running the fixed stock on my BCM 14.5" with 12" free float and my main concern was the length of pull.  I'm a slim build with average height (6'00") and even without the enhanced buttpad the LOP was good enough for me.  I might try the enhanced buttpad to see if I can feel the difference.

The overall length of the BCM 14.5" with 1.5" muzzle comp with fixed carbine stock without enhanced buttpad comes out to 33.25".

Just finished putting the Fixed stock on Erika (my spikes) I like the look and the length was perfect for me. Check out the photos..

Before:

151152477.jpg

After:

151229891.jpg

Before:

151152478.jpg

After:

151229892.jpg

Overall length of Erika now is 33" tip to butt. With the ACE we were a little over 36"

I had to replace the Buffer tube and spring when going from the ACE to the Magpul. Kind of a hiccup in my plan but oh well. live and learn. now i have spare parts for another build! lol I also tourqed the Castle nut to 40lbs and staked it as well.

No problem, Thanks for measuring that for me.  Looks like its only about 1/4"-3/8" shorter than what I have my stock at now(3rd spot out), might have to give it a shot.

For the most part it's like having a stock pinned at the second position. 

For the most part it's like having a stock pinned at the second position. 

Hmmm, I might have to get the extended buttpad for it if I decide to order one.  BTW your rifle looks real good with the new stock, that a 14.5" upper?

Thanks for the response on where to buy these. Shawn I'd gladly support a forum member but I am very far from Salem county. PM me if you will take a CC over the phone and ship it. If not thank you I appreciate the offer, it's just too far to drive for a $50 item.

Does anyone know if I will need a new buffer tube and buffer/spring? I have a colt mt6400 rifle with the stock pinned at the last notch. Very uncomfortable to shoot being I am smaller than average

I haven't seen the colt factory pinned tube but I will say that every other one I have encountered the tube won't work. The tubes they use on the factory pinned stocks are longer. The inside of the tube has a blind in it so it still uses a carbine spring. With that tube you couldn't collapse the stock totally even if the factory stock was adjustable. If that's the case on yours you need a tube. I have 1 set left and am ordering more today. I'll shoot you a pm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

e7u8yda6.jpg

No, it will not.  As seen in the above picture of Shawn's AR, the front bushing of the stock seats against the castle nut.  An optional bushing is enclosed with the stock, that has a bottom taper allowing room for a plate with a sling attachment but again, the bushing seats against the castle nut.

I'm running these on 2 rifles.  They replaced an ACE Entry and ACE Skeleton A1.  I haven't gotten to the range yet, but so far in dry firing around the house, I'm liking the stock.  I'm running a VLtor A5 setup in one and a carbine setup from Rainier Arms.  BTW, the Rainier Arms carbine buffer receiver extension kit was a good piece of kit...they use 7075 aluminum and it comes w/ an H buffer and spring.