virpacalis

new permits (firearm/handgun) submitted on April 11 in Lindenwold

Everything in properly including references' forms and prints on April 11. Checked back on May 21 to find that the December batch just went through. I'll check back every two weeks and post again when there's good news. (Glad I'm not in a hurry.)

I was told back in late febuary early march that my fid and pistol permit were both typed up but that they had run out of cards. now my pistol permit is about to expire and I haven't even gotten it. im slightly disturbed to say the least so I know how you feel. I applied January 8th and from seeing firsthand knew the state and federal checks wenth through around the end of january

This is a total disgrace.  You should write a letter to the editor of your local town paper.  Just imagine if the town did this crap with other services.  How do you think people would react if they moved into a new house and were told that the water could not be turned on or the trash could not be picked up for three to five months because the town ran out of forms for you to use to sign up?  What about if the state told people no income tax refunds for five months because we ran out of blank checks and have to order more and it will take a long time?

Good luck.  I'm almost four months into it.  I think my appointment was in mid-January and I went for my fingerprinting appointment the end of January.  My only suggestion is make sure your personal references know to be expecting the paperwork, ask them to call you once they have received and sent back to the police department and then follow up with the officer to make sure the paperwork was received and completed correctly.

One of my references never received his paperwork and I had been following up with the officer almost weekly for the past 2-3 months....you can see the post I started to read all about it.  Again, good luck and be patient but stay involved.

Everything in properly including references' forms and prints on April 11. Checked back on May 21 to find that the December batch just went through. I'll check back every two weeks and post again when there's good news. (Glad I'm not in a hurry.)

be nice to bonnie. she's VERY nice.

i submitted my stuff originally dec 17 2012, along wiht mom's stuff. mine just came through last week.

we're short staffed on our pd here in lindenwold. it's a reason i'm going to start going to town council meetings.

yea. like i said, bonnie's VERY nice. i like talking to her. i also talked to a det. jim barney. he's not the det. that does these, but he was somewhat helpful, and also VERY friendly. there's another lady whos name begins with b....but i can't remember her name. also very very pleasant.

as i mentioned, our pd is very short handed. 10 guys retired, and only 2 new hires. that's bad. 'specially with areas of the town like arborwood. it almost seems like someone wants us to go in with the county pd, but that's a whole 'nother topic.....

After waiting since April 11, today (9/9) I finally picked up my finished forms from Lindenwold and a new P226 (357 Sig with 15 rd. mags) from Bangers, who took shipment from Rockwell Arms months ago. The local police dept. stayed nice even though I stopped by every two weeks. The good folks at Bangers made the delivery go very quickly and smoothly. Next step -- ammo and range time!