mattio41

NJ2AS FIX THE NICS CAMPAIGN

The New Jersey Second Amendment Society has been continually looking into the excessive delay in processing "instant" NICS background checks here in NJ. We have made attempts to contact the NJSP Firearms Unit head, and the Attorney General's office. We have left several messages, and have not had our calls returned.

NJ2AS is asking all firearm owners, to print this flyer, and Call, Fax, and Mail a copy to the three top officers of New Jersey. A PDF form is attached below.

fixthenics-facebookemail_zpsea2d8088.jpg

fix the nics_FINAL.pdf

whoooopsssss. Didn't catch that. can you please forward to me the proper fax number... (Apparently my proof readers missed it to)

dont know the fax # offhand...

CC fax went thru. supt. 3 fails attemps

Sending right now!   Let's flood those SOB's.  My first two went through but the one to Fuentes keeps dying :(

***OK, took six tries but the last one finally went through.

Why does everyone have to be so critical of misspellings, wrong information and the like...  this is standard operating procedure for NJ2AS postings.  My wallet laughs at me everytime I see this continued stupidity, and it really hurts when I feel the need to jab that NJ2AS lapel pin into my eye when I see these posts.

Does a fax with so much color even print legible on the receiving end? Was it tested?Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Good point we need to iron out these details

Every time someone hatches a poorly conceived plan, such as this, it makes us all look very bad. It only furthers the widely held notion in Trenton that we're all just idiots with guns.

Test your plans to see if they're viable before putting them into motion.

Edit: I decided that my original response was a bit harsh, sorry.

Honey vs. Vinegar.... Might be more effective if it were less demanding. Understand we are all angry of the delays, however outright demands only puts the recipient in a defensive posture with and f.u. attitude.

How about something like the following:

As a resident of the State of New Jeresy, I am looking to each of you to investigate the current delays in the NICS approval process. I understand the increase in demand for verification, however the current delays are expanding each day without resolution in sight. As a resident and voter of New Jersey, I am requesting appropriate measures be put in place to remediate the current cause of delays. I look forward to your support and action taken to help resolve the current situation.

just my two cents.....

I spoke with one of sweenys reps today. I called a week or so ago with a few questions one of them was about the cool down period. Did it start at the date you call in the nice or the day it's approved. Here is what I was told

Right now there is a delay with the background checks. With the new id it really will be instant. So you will be instantly approved. Then starts the wait. So in fact you will actually get the gun faster then you are now.

How I interpreted it. We are intentionally slowing down background checks so we can slip in a 7 day wait and make it seem like we are doing you a favor.

Why does everyone have to be so critical of misspellings, wrong information and the like...  this is standard operating procedure for NJ2AS postings.  My wallet laughs at me everytime I see this continued stupidity, and it really hurts when I feel the need to jab that NJ2AS lapel pin into my eye when I see these posts.

Please feel free to join one of the committee's and get involved. We need all the help in this fight, and right now, it is being left in to few hands to do everything.

Does a fax with so much color even print legible on the receiving end? Was it tested?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, It was. As just an amateur with graphics, I have learned to make the NJ2AS graphics both Black & White printer friendly, and able to be faxed. 

Every time someone hatches a poorly conceived plan, such as this, it makes us all look very bad. It only furthers the widely held notion in Trenton that we're all just idiots with guns.

Test your plans to see if they're viable before putting them into motion.

Edit: I decided that my original response was a bit harsh, sorry.

Didn't see your first posting, so I will take this one for what it is. 

As a reminder, NJ2AS is all volunteer, we do this on our time to further our cause as NJ Gun Owners. We do it openly and willingly taking time from our work and our families to do so. Please feel free to join one of the committee's to help out and offer your assistance.

Just for the record, here is the flyer, printed in color and black and white, and both faxed for testing purposes.

NICS_zps6e972714.jpg?t=1369397785

Whoever wants to send a free fax via internet there is a good service I use at faxzero.com .   You can send a PDF or Doc file to any fax machine through the internet.  Max. 5 Free faxes per day.

P.S. increased demand is NOT the cause of the delays.  Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Couldn't get any to go through. The only one that connected was Christie then got an error in transmission. The AG never got picked up by a fax. Sounded like a recording. SP just rang...

Can I suggest adding two sentences which add context?: - "Recent NJSP NICS response times for firearms purchases, which used to be measured in minutes, are now being measured in weeks.  In some cases this delay is causing pistol purchase permits to expire before the NICS response is received which effectively denies a prospective buyer, who has already passed a background check in order to receive the permit, of the ability to purchase a firearm at all."

Can you please re post the UPDATED .pdf.. then one I grabbed from top of post still has wrong numbers,, Need correct fax number please. 

And TY to the people who volunteer their time for NJ2AS.  

Can you please re post the UPDATED .pdf.. then one I grabbed from top of post still has wrong numbers,, Need correct fax number please. 

And TY to the people who volunteer their time for NJ2AS.  

I hate when I grab the wrong file. Should be fixed now..

Nope.

Fixed the AG's name - reverted to the same phone number for AG's phone and fax.

Try again.

Feel free to PM it to me if you want anything ANYTHING proofread.

Your Hired for Proof-reading. Try now. (I hate this thing)

PS: all 3 of my faxes have gone through...