hotel71

Black bear sighted in Burlington Township!!

I've seen Griz and brown bear in Alaska, and black bear in Maine at least.

But I have only once seen bear roadkill. Pottsville PA (Yuengling town). That black bear looked like it had been run over by 30 tractor trailers. It was like a bloody bear skin rug. Only thinner.

We were with friends in Rockaway on Saturday night talking in the kitchen when the lights came on outside. A black bear came past the window and walked through the yard and into the neighbors yard. Never saw a bear that close and have to admit that it was a bit un-nerving to realize that the only thing between me and it was some glass and that the bear was basically three feet away from me on the other side.

I used to see bears eating out of the dumpsters at our old apartment in Bloomingdale nearly every day. Even saw a family of them crossing the road one day.

This picture is from my parents back yard in CT. The bear is inside the 4 foot fence in the photo and unfortunately smashed out a section to get back out

post-5630-136965834273_thumb.jpg

I saw a Huge ass BEAR last night hanging over the metal guard rail on the south bound side of 287 at 8:30 pm.  Just north  3-5 miles north of Morristown....  I was slowing down to take an exit so my daughter could use a rest room. I first thought it was a cut out silhouette, but then it was moving its head looking at traffic go down the road.. It had its  front paws hanging over the rail...just chillin... Pretty Cool... I really hope it didn't venture out on the road..