Purple Patrick

Mosin archangel stock

No I'm not asking about it I actually bought one! I think I'm the only one on here that did. Anyway I couldn't give two craps if you think spending $200 on $100 gun is stupid it's mine and who is going to argue that getting detachable mags isn't worth it. Anyway I'm reserving this thread for when I get it! I will do a full review and write up when it's in.

Here's what I'm dropping in it my t53 with sniper bolt and timney match trigger

Posted Image

Sent from my hidden under ground bunker between Taco Bell and the dry cleaner

I have a pre order but not herd anything yet! Its going to be my Zombie gun with an m44 with bayo attached!!!

So do I. I bought a project gun from another member here just for this purpose. If I like it enough I'll do more!

is this one of those "tacticool" drop in stocks? if it is, i feel bad for that rifle...

its almost like taking a perfectly good sammich that the old lady just made for you just the way you like it, taking it to the driveway, slamming it on the ground, running it over with you car, spraying it with the hose then eating it.

is this one of those "tacticool" drop in stocks? if it is, i feel bad for that rifle...

its almost like taking a perfectly good sammich that the old lady just made for you just the way you like it, taking it to the driveway, slamming it on the ground, running it over with you car, spraying it with the hose then eating it.

its a fun project the big seller for me is drop in free floating barrel with up to 10 round mag!! I have a few mosins and this requires nothing permanent done. unless you tap for a scope.

thought about doing this.. but these guns are not all that accurate to begin with?

I can tell you that with a upgraded or work done on your trigger and free float the barrel and bed the receiver with some brass shims you could keep 1/12 inch groups with no problem on  a hot barrel with surplus ammo on a cold 4 shot group you could get sub moa. For a 100.00 gun and some time on the barrel receiver and trigger you would be having a lot more fun. You may have a few as most do so play around with one there are a bunch of videos on youtube and write ups online on how to do this with little money and some time.

I was thinking about the ati Monte Carlo stock, but I'm keeping mine "OG"

I like an m44 OG because you can use the butt to crush ZOMBIE skulls!! LOL I have a few of these rifles in varying conditions all good bores and like to play around with a few and make the "more accurate" and I have been waiting for something like this with the detachable mag to make as a project!

thought about doing this.. but these guns are not all that accurate to begin with?

aside from the typical variables, luck has a lot to do with it, meaning every gun shoots different so unless you can test fire a bunch, you dont know what you got till you've put in range time. My son schooled me over xmas leave when we went to CR with my own 91/30. He did a 5 shot, 2" group(100yds) with 2 rds keyed thru the center x, first time he used that gun.Cheapo scope, great mount. We then left, half frozen. Good news I now know its a good shooter, bad news I cant blame the rifle anymore lol

These are very old surplus guns that can be found for less than $100. I don't want an accurate shooter to 500/1000 yards, I already have those. I wanted something cool, something fun, that's all. Some people get their panties in a wad that we are "destroying" history. Guess those same people won't like people like me that take "classic" muscle cars and turn hem into race cars. Well, that's what we do!

Another forum member on here helped rebarrel a Mosin I screwed-up. Did not have a stock so he held the barrel/receiver on a bench and test fired it.

I then took it and put five rounds through it with the barrel against my gut, no stock, nothing else. His other buddy thought I was crazy. Did not bother me one bit. Was so darn cold that day that holding the hot barrel in my left hand actually felt good! The Archangel stock will be a lot more comfy to shoot with though!

These are very old surplus guns that can be found for less than $100. I don't want an accurate shooter to 500/1000 yards, I already have those. I wanted something cool, something fun, that's all. Some people get their panties in a wad that we are "destroying" history. Guess those same people won't like people like me that take "classic" muscle cars and turn hem into race cars. Well, that's what we do!

Another forum member on here helped rebarrel a Mosin I screwed-up. Did not have a stock so he held the barrel/receiver on a bench and test fired it.

I then took it and put five rounds through it with the barrel against my gut, no stock, nothing else. His other buddy thought I was crazy. Did not bother me one bit. Was so darn cold that day that holding the hot barrel in my left hand actually felt good! The Archangel stock will be a lot more comfy to shoot with though!

Mine hasn't shipped and they haven't charged my card hopefully this won't be a 6 month waiting game

Sent from my hidden under ground bunker between Taco Bell and the dry cleaner

im not mad about the "historical" value. i just feel you are trying to turn a decent carbine/rifle into something its not. they are perfectly good at what they need to do they way they are. if you want a sub-MOA rifle then buy one that was designed to shoot it.

That's not completely true with some minor in expensive upgrades they can be excellent shooters. Look for an ex sniper or a current PU sniper and you maybe surprised.

That being said I still wouldn't put it in this stock.