ogfarmer

Clint Benson, son of ex-Giant Brad Benson Indicted, charged w/ hollow point 22lr along w/ other charges

I guess a hollow point is a hollow point no matter the caliber. This guy is a pyscho path. He lives around the corner from me and has quite the reputation.I wonder if they took his firearms from his house.

Hillsborough Man Indicted on Assault by Auto Charges

Clint Benson, son of ex-Giant Brad Benson, ran down bystander in his pickup truck after an argument, prosecutor says.

The son of a famous South Brunswick auto dealer has been indicted after running down a man in his pickup truck on St. Patrick's Day, Somerset County Prosecutor Geoffrey D. Soriano said.

Clint Benson, 21, of Hillsborough was indicted on charges of aggravated assault, assault by auto, endangering an injured victim, possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose and possession of hollow-point bullets after being arrested March 17 in Branchburg.

He is free on $100,000 bail, Soriano said.

Benson, the son of Brad Benson, a former New York Giant and owner of Brad Benson Hyundai in Monmouth Junction, struck a Flemington man with his pickup truck after an argument, Soriano said.

The Flemington man had confronted Benson about his driving while Benson sat in his pickup outside the Neshanic Inn on Woodfern Road at 2:59 a.m. March 17, Soriano said. After an argument, Soriano accelerated and struck the Flemington man as he walked back to the bar, the prosecutor said.

The Flemington man was hospitalized with internal injuries, a fractured skull, a broken hand and lacerations, Soriano said.

Benson drove away after striking the Flemington man, Soriano said, but crashed the pickup into a guard rail at the intersection of Lehigh and Woodfern roads. Authorities said they found 50 .22-caliber hollow-point bullets when they searched the pickup.

Wasn't one of the forum members here witness to that?

I think Sgt Toadette posted a reddit link where a witness described the entire incident.......

As i recall from the description of the incident the confirms that Benson Jr is a psycho....

Innocent untill proven guilty .....but i dont think that ll be a problem

This fool makes off color remarks about everyone in the media and has the stupidest car ads on the radio. 

Lets see him rip on his on son. 

Actually, I have no issue with him selling cars using his name.... but every experience I had in that dealership, and every experience people I know had there, sleaaaaaazzzzzzy operation.  Even my friend who works for Maxxon was complaining about Brad Benson. 

Actually, I have no issue with him selling cars using his name.... but every experience I had in that dealership, and every experience people I know had there, sleaaaaaazzzzzzy operation.  Even my friend who works for Maxxon was complaining about Brad Benson. 

They definitely have a reputation as a very sleazy operation.  A friend had an engine go after 2000 miles on a new car and they outright refused to honor the warranty.  They just kept dragging it on and on, but they refused to do anything.  After the lawyers got involved they eventually negotiated a "discount" on another purchase, but not until after a year of legal haggling.

What a giant tool this guy is. And stuff like this is the reason I avoid that seedy joint where it all happened

the inn used to be a decent place a few years ago. they had decent food at least. i never was there too much after around 10 pm tho. my buddies and i used to ride our pit bikes from ringoes to the jumping bridge in three bridges then go to the inn for some beers or to the pizza shop down the road after swimming. i havent been there in awhile tho.

i havent heard any news on the kid he hit. i hope he is fully recovered. but i hope benson rots in jail for being an a$$hole

the inn used to be a decent place a few years ago. they had decent food at least. i never was there too much after around 10 pm tho. my buddies and i used to ride our pit bikes from ringoes to the jumping bridge in three bridges then go to the inn for some beers or to the pizza shop down the road after swimming. i havent been there in awhile tho.

i havent heard any news on the kid he hit. i hope he is fully recovered. but i hope benson rots in jail for being an a$$hole

Y friend dragged me there a few times. she's a regular. I just don't fit in I guess. Not to offend anyone but a little too hillbilly for my taste. I get all kinds of word looks. Could just be my paranoia also lol.

I'll ask her about the victim

yea i felt the same way about it. i never got drunk there just had a few drinks and shot some pool. i was only there during bar hours for a friends birthday or something like that. id say 90% of the i went there it was still light out so i didnt run into young drunks full of piss and vinegar looking to start something.

I think thats what my issue was with the place.

im only 24 too. i just don't understand why kids my age think that fighting is such a good idea. i've had to break up a fight down in wildwood and i ended up getting sucker punched before the kids ran away when the cops showed up. i wasn't even in the fight and ended up getting hurt the worst. i was all for letting the kid (guy i knew but didn't really like) in my group get beat up. he was running his mouth after i had already de-escalated the situation twice. one kid from the other group jumped him and my other friends gf decided to get involved. someone pushed her down so i stepped in to protect her (her and i never really got along, but you DO NOT hit a girl. EVER). i got punched in the face and they ran away. so i wasn't in the fight and got a broken nose and a bill from the wildwood rescue squad. it sucked.

That sucks. I'm no old man myself (but I'm getting there 29) but it just seems like younger people around here can't go out and have a good time without being completely obliterated. Lots of dwi's and bar fights over dumb shit.

Maybe its always been that way and I've never noticed.