KyLu II

Cumberland County gun buyback announced

An unlimited quantity of LONG GUNS can be purchased by FID-holding NJ residents by completing a pair of Certificates of Eligibility (attached) on the spot.

One copy each for NJ seller and NJ purchaser.

HANDGUNS unfortunately are limited to ONE and NJ seller and NJ purchaser must complete the purchaser's 4-part Pistol Purchase Permit.

Seller is responsible for proper distribution of the 4 parts (Original to NJSP, 2nd copy to purchaser's issuing PD, 3rd to seller, 4th to purchaser.)

Non-residents of the Glorious Peoples Republik of New Jerseystan are NOT LEGALLY ELIGIBLE to participate in this sidewalk sale (except for FFLs)

You may get hassled by the local authorities, but the scenarios I explained are COMPLETELY LEGAL under present law.

i think i can be there....how many of us are going? i don't see myself using any of my pistol permits there, but i can sure as hell try to rescue a couple long guns?

when you gguys go, what do you use as a basis of an offer on any particular long gun?

Even though our nation is growing more communist by the day, capitalism still rules the marketplace.

The inside price is for a "no questions asked" transaction.

The sidewalk transaction requires a certain amount of seller info to be disclosed, leaving a paper trail.

Thinking about going myself, I'd have a wish list in mind (to make the first cut) and an idea of price range I'd be willing to offer for what may come along.

(Ever watch "American Pickers??")

And unless you have an FFL, don't even think about buying anything we can't own because YOU KNOW we're going to be looked at with a careful eye by either the local PD or the NJSP on site.

They will probably jack up the seller if they sell it to you with illegal possession as they likely have it on their person without having an FID in their name.  They will probably jack you up as the buyer with some trumped up charge such as interfering with a police operation - remember this is the People's Republic of New Jersey!!!

They will probably jack up the seller if they sell it to you with illegal possession as they likely have it on their person without having an FID in their name.  They will probably jack you up as the buyer with some trumped up charge such as interfering with a police operation - remember this is the People's Republic of New Jersey!!!

i thought you only needed the fpid to purchase, not to possess?

i thought you only needed the fpid to purchase, not to possess?

I'm not a lawyer, don't play one on TV, and did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but my understanding is that you can possess in your home without it, but to take a long gun off your property you must possess an FID.  Obviously for a handgun you have to be in the 0.00001% and have a carry permit or fit one of the exemptions such as taking it directly to or from a range or your place of business that you own.  Taking it to a church to sell it is probably a technical violation, but I guess they allow that.  Now if you sold it to someone on the street they might throw the book at you for unlawful transport and possession.