tripcarl

+1 for Ottomanelli's Sporting Arms

Popped in after some range time next door, picked up two 10 rounder's for my ATI STG 44 (22 lr).  they had a great selection of just about everything. 

unfortunately no 1911 mainspring plungers....which fly pretty far when disassembling the MSH.

Was going to share my experience about that place.  Yes, both times I went in there after visiting Ant's new range.  They have a ton of selection, but both experiences left a lot to be desired.  First time I was there, either owners or employees were eating on the counter and when asking a question, talked down to like some newbie moron.  Second time.... was far better, asked if I can be helped, but still, felt talked down to.

Selection A+

Prices C-

Service D

I don't see a problem eating. There is very little room in back. They are non stop busy. If they had to hide to eat, you'd be waiting for help. Prices are about average for the times. And all the hours I spend there, I never seen anyone talked down to. They are the most friendliest people I know in the business.

Not sure what you are expecting, but I have no issues with them. I'm not related to them and only originally known Nino from here. Since day one, I've always got warm welcomes and a handshake from everyone. But rating them like a a restaurant just doesn't work.

I like the shoo buy their prices are generally about 10% higher than other shops in the area. I have done a transfer through them and bought a Beretta M9 which I willingly paid more for than Meltzers was charging because I like the guys and they are very convenient for me. That said, if the NICS situation gets resolved and we get back to an actual "instant" system I will go elsewhere to save some money.

I agree with the original poster. The staff at Ottos has always given me top notch customer service. In fact, compared to the rest of the gun shops in NJ I am always surprised at how friendly they are to me and my friends. Its usually more then one person greeting me when I walk through the door and if they dont have something then they will attempt to get it for me.

My friend and I went there on a Saturday afternoon about 2 months ago. I believe they closed at 5pm that day and we walked in at 4:50pm. I figured they were going to kick us out soon but the staff answered all my friends questions (and he had lots) and never rushed us at all. He got a good price on the gun he wanted and left with a smile on his face. We did not leave the store until 5:45 that day (and they close at 5pm)! Again, the staff never tried to nudge us out the door. A couple other people arrived after 5pm and the owner told them to let them in b/c they were still at the shop. They ended up buying some things too.

Humn, maybe someone had a grumpy day. Will have to try again. Prices I stand by, on some stuff stupid high, others more reasonable. HK prices in particular were nuts, at least $200 over what I saw anywhere else. Even RTSP had lower prices, since I visited both back to back.

I've been to Ottomanelli's many times and have always had excellent, friendly, knowledgeable service. Absolutely no one has ever talked down to me, nor have I ever observed that behavior towards anyone else. Ottomanelli's service and selection is excellent.

As far as eating at the counter, who cares? If those guys are willing to eat lunch while they work, helping their customers, I have no problem with that.

Give them time.. They are new. Can't fairly compare them to an already established shop. They must be on the right track. They constantly sell out and have a strong following. Especially in the LEO world. I can't see them going wrong but only getting better.

Humn, maybe someone had a grumpy day. Will have to try again. Prices I stand by, on some stuff stupid high, others more reasonable. HK prices in particular were nuts, at least $200 over what I saw anywhere else. Even RTSP had lower prices, since I visited both back to back.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Exactly.... If you are worried about food being around, then you wouldn't want to be around when I bring fresh pastries. ;)

I've been to Ottomanelli's many times and have always had excellent, friendly, knowledgeable service. Absolutely no one has ever talked down to me, nor have I ever observed that behavior towards anyone else. Ottomanelli's service and selection is excellent.

As far as eating at the counter, who cares? If those guys are willing to eat lunch while they work, helping their customers, I have no problem with that.

Typos courtesy Apple...

+2 for Ottomanelli's. Finally received my P2P and went in Saturday afternoon, got the phone call this morning (Monday) at 10AM, NICS approved! Thank you Gov. Christie! Had the best purchase experience when I returned tonight to pick up my handgun, greeted by the owner and 2 others by name, answered my couple of questions and felt welcome. I will definitely purchase there again. In an era of nameless Internet purchases, the one on one service was much appreciated. I will be back. Thanks!

I was there to simply buy lube.. err.. GUN lube and was greeted by Dave... he walked me around to where they were.. gave me options and brought me back to the register to checkout.  Upon the transaction, shook my hand and I was on my way... next door to WP Range.  Where of course Ant was at the cafe, where else would he be?

I thought the Caso's guys were nice, but this place is nicer, brighter, much bigger and WAY friendlier than the Bullet Hole.

I bought my first firearm from them, I was welcomed and not treated poorly in any way, in fact, Mike Jr. and Dave both took their times with me answering questions and showing me all sorts of different products. They're a great and friendly group, I plan on buying more from them in the future.

I've had great experiences with the people but not so sure about the prices. Either i haven't been in the market for way too long or they don't really discount off of msrp too much

Everything I've looked at in there was over MSRP. I went in last week to check out a S&W 686 they posted on their Facebook. Price tag was $975 if I remember correctly. Basic 10/22 was $365.

I like the guys, but their prices are a bit rough

I have gone in there twice to look at pistols. I'm a 60 year old man who has owned rifles all my life and asked a few questions about 2 pistols. I was treated like a child. The prices were severely overpriced. I live very close to this gun shop and I will go any where else when purchasing firearms and equipment. Since visiting Ottomanelli's several months ago, I have spent almost $8,000 on firearms and ammo at other shops. I know $8,000 is not a big deal to them, but they should think about how many potential customers feel like me. They need some customer service training.

People are nice in there but they left a bad taste in my mouth over a deal. I ordered my desert eagle through them and they said they'd call as soon as they came in. Well over a month goes by and I decide to check out there ammo which is very over priced. Talk to the guy about buying .50ae rounds and he tells me they have one DE left. Received 3 and sold the other 2 in a day. Not once did I get a phone call. So now I only go there for my .50 rounds unless bullet hole has them that day

I was in there a few months ago, and I overheard a conversation between the owner (I think) and someone else. The owner said he had to charge such high prices due to the price he was purchasing the guns at to sell.  He said he wanted to have lower prices, but he was already selling them for the minimum he could.

they also have the best selection of AR parts i've seen in an actual store if you wanted to build one from scratch.  geissele, timney, wilson combat triggers,  cmmg LPK, rails, lowers, uppers, etc.  the only thing i didnt see was barrels.   they even had like 20 BCGs when i was in last week

I visited this shop a few weeks back. While everyone is very friendly and the store is nice, their prices are pretty steep. I looked at a few different things - 2 S&W M&P's and a Remmy 870. All were well above MSRP. But...they DO have the stuff there, ready to sell.

My visit did help me on a shotgun decision - I will buy an 870 with the MAGPUL accessories. However, I'll buy it off Gunbroker and do the transfer through Jeff/Wortendyke Arms.

Been there a few times, real nice store with a pretty extensive inventory. But have to agree with HavocMan there prices are off the charts. Unless you have to have it today, i'll save some money and buy it at another shop.

Try to understand something. Brand new company does not always yield good prices to start. For example, a company may expect you to buy let's say $250,000.00 for a first time stock buy. If you can maintain those sales, they will bring you into a better tier of wholesale pricing. This may not be every manufacturer or distributer. But these rules apply on lots of products, not just guns. I had over 3 online stores. Some required me buying no stock. Others I had to buy a min $5000 of stock a month...

So, that being said. Give them a chance to get established. I'm working on my 3rd gun from them. They do not gouge... Prices may be at Man. Suggested Retail... But continue to not give them business, then don't ever expect good pricing. It's that simple.

I've seen some of you folks go panic buying for dozens of mags for your ARs... If you choose not to give a local business a sale because a gun might be 40 bux outside your price range, then you should be ashamed. And you wonder why small business are scarce because big box stores wipe them out. Sort of reminds me of my ex wife going shopping with her girl friends. She would drive an hour away and waste gas to save 2 bux... Never could get that through her head...

They treat me good there. Unless I can literally save hundreds of dollars or they cannot get something I need, I will continue to give them my business because I do want to see them survive and someday be the best shop in town...

Typos courtesy Apple...

I'm on my 4th, 5th and 6th gun with them (just waiting for my permits to come in) and have always been happy with the service. I don't mind paying a couple bucks more because they really go the extra mile.

One observation about prices... Some items that look really high turn out to not be stock guns, so I'm not sure if it's fair to compare them against MSRP. I recently looked at a SW 686 that seemed a bit pricey, but it had aftermarket grips, sights and (supposably) a trigger job. Now you can quibble over how much that should add to the sticker, but the point is that it MAY not be the same gun you've seen elsewhere.

I've bought both bone stock and "enhanced" guns from them. The stock prices seem right in line with elsewhere.