NJSigfan

My new AR.

Congrats. At least 223 is starting to free up. You won't have to sell more than 1 organ to shoot your new gun. :)

Planning on using it in 3 gun? That always looked like a lot of fun.

Not sure on shooting 3 gun this year. I'm still learning and working on good trigger control for my handguns. Tis beauty was sitting on the shelf last month went I stopped in for 9mm. I figured it was fate and jumped on buying it.

With some luck I'll hit up HeritAge in Easton tomorrow to try and get the site all set.

And thankst to everyone with the kinds words. I'm stoked about getting it.

Next up is a Decent optic

Not sure on shooting 3 gun this year. I'm still learning and working on good trigger control for my handguns. Tis beauty was sitting on the shelf last month went I stopped in for 9mm. I figured it was fate and jumped on buying it.

With some luck I'll hit up HeritAge in Easton tomorrow to try and get the site all set.

And thankst to everyone with the kinds words. I'm stoked about getting it.

Next up is a Decent optic

Since it's your first AR, I am guessing you are either new or at least rusty in using iron sights. My first step would be to try and get REALLY GOOD with those irons. I take my AR out once a month at most, and can hit an 18" x24" silhouette target at 240 yards at Central Jersey with regular AR iron sights. Someone who actually trains can do a lot better than that. Throw a red dot on once you have the confidence that you can hit anything you want without it. In that case the red dot is just for speed, not acting as a crutch. And if it ever shits the bed, it won't take you out with it.

Consider making your next purchase a good trigger (if the rifle came with a milspec one). A nice Geissele or Wilson Combat, ALG, etc trigger will go a long way towards making you a better shooter. Even good shooters have a tough time with a sloppy standard GI trigger. Good luck!

Since it's your first AR, I am guessing you are either new or at least rusty in using iron sights. My first step would be to try and get REALLY GOOD with those irons. I take my AR out once a month at most, and can hit an 18" x24" silhouette target at 240 yards at Central Jersey with regular AR iron sights. Someone who actually trains can do a lot better than that. Throw a red dot on once you have the confidence that you can hit anything you want without it. In that case the red dot is just for speed, not acting as a crutch. And if it ever shits the bed, it won't take you out with it.

Consider making your next purchase a good trigger (if the rifle came with a milspec one). A nice Geissele or Wilson Combat, ALG, etc trigger will go a long way towards making you a better shooter. Even good shooters have a tough time with a sloppy standard GI trigger. Good luck!

Thanks for the tips with the sites. I'll definitely look into setting up some time to practice with just the irons.

As for a trigger job, this already has the Gisselle tigger....

Thanks for the tips with the sites. I'll definitely look into setting up some time to practice with just the irons.

As for a trigger job, this already has the Gisselle tigger....

So you are most of the way there. It makes sense that a 3 Gun AR would have a nice trigger.