krak256

Recommendations for gun safes under $2,000

Hey all,

I'm in the market for a gun safe, preferably one that can hold around 24 guns and is made of 10 gauge steel. I noticed Liberty's and Cannon's are relatively popular, but they seem to be all made with 12 gauge steel (at least in the price range I'm looking at). Is 12 gauge really enough given an axe can chop through it? I'm willing to be somewhat flexible in terms of pricing, but not significantly, if I can find a safe that meets those requirements.

Any safe stores I should visit or should I just buy online? Thanks in advance.

Have you checked out any models from Liberty Safe in? It looks like you could afford their Colonial Model. Liberty Safe is located in Mt. Laurel I hope this helps!

http://www.libertysafe.com/safe-colonial-safes-ps-7.html

Liberty Safes of New Jersey
1215 Rte 73 North
Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054
1-856-222-9904

Showroom Hours
Monday thru Friday 9:00am - 6:00pm
Saturday 9:00am - 5:00pm

Have you checked out any models from Liberty Safe in? It looks like you could afford their Colonial Model. Liberty Safe is located in Mt. Laurel I hope this helps!

1215 Rte 73 North

Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054

1-856-222-9904

Showroom Hours

Was in there last month, hardly any safes in the showroom, and out of those that were in there probably a good 85% were already sold.  When we were talking to the sales person about ordering one, she told us that it would take 4+ months to get it.

I would also recommend Lacka Safe. They are no BS family owned operation that will tell you straight what sort of safe is best for keeping your possessions actually safe and what is suitable to keep out idle hands. A great safe for personal valuables and handguns is the ORIGINAL Safe & Vault Inc. brand.

Was in there last month, hardly any safes in the showroom, and out of those that were in there probably a good 85% were already sold.  When we were talking to the sales person about ordering one, she told us that it would take 4+ months to get it.

That's crazy! Thank you for letting me know!

Have you checked out any models from Liberty Safe in? It looks like you could afford their Colonial Model. Liberty Safe is located in Mt. Laurel I hope this helps!

1215 Rte 73 North

Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054

1-856-222-9904

Showroom Hours

Was in there last month, hardly any safes in the showroom, and out of those that were in there probably a good 85% were already sold. When we were talking to the sales person about ordering one, she told us that it would take 4+ months to get it.

Liberty is on a 3 month backorder. Im currently going through the process. As much of an ordeal it was to get mine, id still recommend going to lowes to order it. 10% coupon for 1100 and change makes it a much better deal than the liberty dealer. The dial lock liberty 30 in mt laurel was "on sale" for 1500.

I got mine from Patriot ( www.patriotsafe.com)  List price $1776, got a 10% discount off of that.  Price has gone up since then however , Curbside delivery included  http://www.patriotsafe.com/Protector-24-gun-safe-2-hour-fire-1880-2013-LEO-Special-_p_500.html

I got mine from Patriot ( www.patriotsafe.com)  List price $1776, got a 10% discount off of that.  Price has gone up since then however , Curbside delivery included  http://www.patriotsafe.com/Protector-24-gun-safe-2-hour-fire-1880-2013-LEO-Special-_p_500.html

Same here. Was going to recommend the same. 10 gauge.

I've had mine for just shy of 4 years and have been happy with it except that I've run out of room. I suggest you consider the Collector instead of the Protector. No way you'll get 24 long guns in the Protector.

I saw NJpilot's safe and it is very very nice.... if I was not hoping to move in the next few months, I would easily pick one up.  As they say... buy once, cry once. =).... although I would need to cry a lot since I would need a big one.... humn.... gun room..... yeah.  only if we build a house. hehe.

Get a safe that has bolts on all 4 sides. Bolt it to the floor. How many guns (and what kind) are you storing? I have a 24 gun safe. I can fit 3 ARs and a Saiga in half the space. I have the shelves in for ammo in the other half.

Unless you're storing 24 Ruger 10/22s, there is no way you're getting 24 long guns in it. Scopes, red dots, pistol grips and magwells take up space. Pistols don't take up that much space. I have a few Hyskore foam pistol racks on the shelf. You can also do a door hanger for the pistols.

For a little above your budget you get 11 gauge steel and 4 sided bolts. Recessed lighting too. :)http://www.libertysafe.com/safe-lincoln-safes-ps-5.html?tab=specs

Same here. Was going to recommend the same. 10 gauge.

I've had mine for just shy of 4 years and have been happy with it except that I've run out of room. I suggest you consider the Collector instead of the Protector. No way you'll get 24 long guns in the Protector.

Those look good, 1 hr rating for $2,500 and 2 hr for $2,676

Liberty is on a 3 month backorder. Im currently going through the process. As much of an ordeal it was to get mine, id still recommend going to lowes to order it. 10% coupon for 1100 and change makes it a much better deal than the liberty dealer. The dial lock liberty 30 in mt laurel was "on sale" for 1500.

I think some of the safes sold by Cabelas are made my Liberty but rebranded under their name. I hope this link help! If it does not come up correctly just go to cabelas.com and search for liberty safe then they should load. Thanks!

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/search.cmd?form_state=searchForm&N=0&fsch=true&Ntk=AllProducts&Ntt=liberty+safe&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

hmm i don't see many reviews for patriot. are they good quality? also, how do most of you transfer the safe from curb into the house?

Delivery was supposed to be curb side. I asked the guy to bring it in the garage, which he did. It was on a pallet. 

My friend came over and we slowly "walked" it off the pallet and into position, the installed it, in the garage.

Weighs between 700 and 800 lbs.

hmm i don't see many reviews for patriot. are they good quality? also, how do most of you transfer the safe from curb into the house?

I Love mine..the quality is superb   .it comes really well packed in cardboard and straps on a pallet, delivery guy brought it up into the middle of my driveway. a Couple of neighbors helped me get it in the house.  I was lucky that one of them had a work truck with a left gate so he was able to get it right to my porch and we just rolled it in

Gun safes. The less expensive are basically fire safes. Youre looking for a tl safe. That is tool rated how long it takes toget into tl15. Tl 30 and so on. Craigslist ? Ive tried not good luck. I just got a couple of winchesters for 1000$ ea and hook to the alarm system with pressure sensitive touch alarms. When you touch alarm goes off. It grounds them. Need to be onplastic blocks. A good alarm company can explain it. Had plenty of businesses in the hood

If your in North Jersey, go to Lacka Safe in Carlstadt. Talk to Jamie. He will talk you through the aspects of all the safes they carry. Remember don't go by the front door thickness, go by the STEEL PLATE on the front door. Thicker the better. They have a little showroom and carry a lot of safes, even used ones.

If your in North Jersey, go to Lacka Safe in Carlstadt. Talk to Jamie. He will talk you through the aspects of all the safes they carry. Remember don't go by the front door thickness, go by the STEEL PLATE on the front door. Thicker the better. They have a little showroom and carry a lot of safes, even used ones.

Agree 100%!  I got my OS&V safe from them and it is as solid as a rock.  Jaime is a joy to deal with!  He's *not* a high-pressure sales type; he genuinely wants to learn your needs and fit you with the proper safe.  They also have a fair stock of used safes, and they can change the interiors to whatever you require.  These guys regularly do business with diamond merchants in NYC, so they know what real security is. 

They also have an excellent delivery team.  They were on-time and didn't damage anything in the house.  Real pros! 

For those contemplating an RSC-rated container from a big-box store, I strongly suggest you search YouTube for videos on "safe cracking".  Be prepared to be horrified at what you see, and how easy it is to pop open an RSC-rated container.  Those videos are real eye-openers!  After viewing them, I wasn't about to trust my stuff to those tarted-up tin-cans.