Sl0818

Change of address FID

I'm going through a change of address on my fid card , the department has sent out the letters to my References and all that good stuff , my question is would I have to get finger printed onces again and pay the 60 something dollars to ?

Yes. You have to go through the entire process over including prints and $60. Same thing except they say it goes much quicker. You're the same person, same social, name, date, birthday, criminal record or lack thereof...you just park your car and sleep somewhere else but you still have to complete the process over. Yet another government entity taking advantage of a situation and having their hand out.

Source: Chief of Police Randolph, Chief of Police in another town

Yes. You have to go through the entire process over including prints and $60. Same thing except they say it goes much quicker. You're the same person, same social, name, date, birthday, criminal record or lack thereof...you just park your car and sleep somewhere else but you still have to complete the process over. Yet another government entity taking advantage of a situation and having their hand out.

Source: Chief of Police Randolph, Chief of Police in another town

I wasn't told to , last time I spoke to her she claimed all she needed was my Reference letters and that's all

Finger printing for a change of address is at the discretion of the department.  I have had several change of addresses over the past 35+ years and only had to get fingerprinted once.

Finger printing for a change of address is at the discretion of the department.  I have had several change of addresses over the past 35+ years and only had to get fingerprinted once.

i just put my change of address in (Long Hill).    They didn't require a new finger print - supposedly they are requesting from my former town (North Plainfield)

Jackson requires only if you are coming from another township. Lucky you only have to wait a couple weeks they told me closer to six months, just for a change of address. And they also refused the change of address form, they are basically making me do the whole process again.

You're the only legal resident in the entire town. What's taking so long?

+1

Also its Toms River township now isn't it?

I've seen from other members here that Toms River is relatively quick compared to others right now. Hopefully won't be much longer!

Jackson requires only if you are coming from another township. Lucky you only have to wait a couple weeks they told me closer to six months, just for a change of address. And they also refused the change of address form, they are basically making me do the whole process again.

Even though I didn't have to get fingerprinted again it still took almost 6 months for the NJSP to finish my change of address.

Sl0818

I'm going through a change of address on my fid card , the department has sent out the letters to my References and all that good stuff , my question is would I have to get finger printed onces again and pay the 60 something dollars to ?

When I received my first FID last month I had a short conversation with the clerk in my police department.  I remember her saying that for the next time I apply for P2P I would have to go through the entire process except for the fingerprints since they were done digitally.  She even gave me hope that some other steps could be omitted if there wasn't too long before the next time.  I distinctly remember her saying that if someone hadn't had any activity in like 20 years, no P2P, they had to go through the entire process, start to finish, including fingerprints.

Change of Address with a twist question.  I'm too new at this and I haven't figured out the seach so if this isn't the correct place please tell me where to go.

I'm hoping to get out of NJ within the next couple of years.  I think I remember the police clerk say that the number will follow me forever, so it can't change.  Or can it, when moving to another state? 

Should Sweeny's bill get signed to incorporate the FID number onto the driver's license; another state won't issue a new driver's license, without surrendering the old license.  Or, am I confusing the FID to be state assigned Firearm number instead of Federal?

Sl0818

When I received my first FID last month I had a short conversation with the clerk in my police department.  I remember her saying that for the next time I apply for P2P I would have to go through the entire process except for the fingerprints since they were done digitally.  She even gave me hope that some other steps could be omitted if there wasn't too long before the next time.  I distinctly remember her saying that if someone hadn't had any activity in like 20 years, no P2P, they had to go through the entire process, start to finish, including fingerprints.

Change of Address with a twist question.  I'm too new at this and I haven't figured out the seach so if this isn't the correct place please tell me where to go.

I'm hoping to get out of NJ within the next couple of years.  I think I remember the police clerk say that the number will follow me forever, so it can't change.  Or can it, when moving to another state? 

Should Sweeny's bill get signed to incorporate the FID number onto the driver's license; another state won't issue a new driver's license, without surrendering the old license.  Or, am I confusing the FID to be state assigned Firearm number instead of Federal?

FID numbers are just a jersey thing, go to a free state and all you do is hand them your license, they do a nics and you walk out with your gun.... ahhh the simple life....

FID numbers are just a jersey thing, go to a free state and all you do is hand them your license, they do a nics and you walk out with your gun.... ahhh the simple life....

Guess being in New Jersey makes us part of a minority.

Thanks for the answer.  I'm so new at this a sneeze will get me in trouble, or so it seems.