siderman

Make a dummy rd?

I'd like to make a muzzle tester 7.62x54 dummy rd. Other than fugging it up (or worse) with some vice grips is there a trick to pulling and re-seating the bullet with normal hand tools? I obviously know nada about reloading...

Yeah, the best way to go is a bullet puller like what Chris said. Those are about 15 bucks and is a must for all reloaders. 

You can also ask anyone who reloads the round if they can spare a bullet head or two and send it to you. 

Yeah, the best way to go is a bullet puller like what Chris said. Those are about 15 bucks and is a must for all reloaders. 

You can also ask anyone who reloads the round if they can spare a bullet head or two and send it to you. 

Great idea (duh me) so-

Anyone have a spare bullet they can send me?

Also, nice to put a expended primer in...

I hate to see spent primers in dummy rounds. Maybe if you paint it, but otherwise you can't distinguish it from a dud, and you don't want to use a dud round for the purposes you describe.

I hate to see spent primers in dummy rounds. Maybe if you paint it, but otherwise you can't distinguish it from a dud, and you don't want to use a dud round for the purposes you describe.

Maybe drill a hole through the case to ensure you (and anybody watching) knows it's not a live round

Oh silly, silly, silly

If you want I'll make you a dummy  round.

#2 why do you need a dummy? Can't be trusted with live ammo?

#3 why need a dummy round at all?  How about you just throw an appropriate sized bullet in your pocket and check with that?

WTF

ok wiseguy-

#1 I can make one myself if I had a bullet but I'll take one thats been finely crafted by you

#2 need it to test the muzzle/crown as stated in my OP

#3 if I had an appropriate sized bullet in my pocket i wouldnt be asking for one.

so you have one or not?

ok wiseguy-

#1 I can make one myself if I had a bullet but I'll take one thats been finely crafted by you

#2 need it to test the muzzle/crown as stated in my OP

#3 if I had an appropriate sized bullet in my pocket i wouldnt be asking for one.

so you have one or not?

Do you want .311 or .312 bullet diameter?  Tell me and I'll see what I have then send me your address and I'll throw it in an envelope.

And you make my point exactly...You don't need a dummy round just a bullet.

Sorry just checked I have nothing in .311 or .312

Edited by Old School

You're SFOS.    Not the least bit true.

Yeah - you go to that guy and tell him you want to stick a live round in his muzzle...

I know that USNMars carries a dummy round for this purpose.

So - not FOS, and frankly, I don't like your tone.

You're SFOS. Not the least bit true.

There

Yeah - you go to that guy and tell him you want to stick a live round in his muzzle...

I know that USNMars carries a dummy round for this purpose.

So - not FOS, and frankly, I don't like your tone.

There was an ND at a gun show recently, so yes, it sadly is true.

I've bought from here before and happy. There are holes drilled in the cartridge so you can't mistake for a live round. And shipping is pretty cheap.

http://www.dummybullet.com/

Do you want .311 or .312 bullet diameter?  Tell me and I'll see what I have then send me your address and I'll throw it in an envelope.

And you make my point exactly...You don't need a dummy round just a bullet.

Sorry just checked I have nothing in .311 or .312

OK THANX FOR CHECKING

There was an ND at a gun show recently, so yes, it sadly is true.

I've bought from here before and happy. There are holes drilled in the cartridge so you can't mistake for a live round. And shipping is pretty cheap.

http://www.dummybullet.com/

THANX FOR THE LINK.  CAN ALSO GET THE KEYCHAIN ONES ON EPAY $4-5, MAY JUST DO THIS.