Sign in to follow this  
TheSingularity

Wilkinson Arms "Linda" model 9mm carbine - NJ legal?

Assuming a 10 round mag, or having any other mag permanently altered to NJ capacity levels...

What do you say? NJ legal?

Not specifically named, so it comes down to the features of course...

Note how the barrel is held on by a large knurled nut. So the muzzle-end of the barrel isn't threaded - rather, the large knurled nut serves to hold the barrel in place... Would this, by any interpretation, call to question "threaded barrel" issues in your opinion?

By the way, I think overall length is 28 inches.

Here is an example of one of these carbines. I am talking about the carbine version and not the pistol:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=343123996

I don't see why it would not be NJ legal provided it has a 16" barrel and meets the overall length requirments, of course along with a 15 round mag. Seems to follow the NJ evil feature list. The main problem with these odd-ball type EBR guns is that NJ dealers are very cautious when it comes to selling something that doesn't have a track record in NJ already.

Otherwise I see no difference between this thing and say a Beretta CX4 Storm, besides the Storm being prettier. :p

In terms of (apparently) NJ-legal 9mm carbines, they are definitely unique - which is why I have to admit that I am a little intrigued.

Wilkinson Arms also made another similar model carbine, called the "Terry." Similar to the "Linda," except a more "traditional" looking stock (if you could call it that...).

The predecessor company to Wilkinson Arms was called J&R Engineering (in California) which apparently started making 9mm carbines in the late 1960s (I think starting around 1968). Those were called the M68, and later, the M80. The M68 and the M80 look a lot like the later Wilkinson Arms carbines. Those also pop up for sale from time to time.

I believe Wilkinson Arms made the Linda and Terry models from the 1970s all the way to as recently as possibly the 1990s (Ray Wilkinson passed away a while ago). At some point the shop was moved from Covina, California to Parma, Idaho.

Nobody has any thoughts on this one?

I know a lot of people don't consider it to be the prettiest gun, but.... Haha

Barrel Shroud is a No-go..if you can separate the shroud from the barrel-knut, i dont see any reasy why it would not be NJ Compliant

Nobody has any thoughts on this one?

I know a lot of people don't consider it to be the prettiest gun, but.... Haha

What gave you the impression that it was anything other then legal?