Sign in to follow this  
Carcano

NJ Legal Uzi carbine?

I wonder if it's okay to put a regular wood stock or a welded open collapsible stock on this? That would look bad ass and hopefully be Jersey legal since you would have 2 features (pistol grip, detachable mag)?

You could change the stock if you wanted to.

A semi-automatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following:

This means that if it is a semi-automatic rifle and has a detachable magazine it can have ONE of the following features and still be legal, but if it has two or more, then it would not be legal.

1) A folding or telescoping stock;

2) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;

3) A bayonet mount;

4) A flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor;

5) A grenade launcher

*Just to add, from my understanding of the law this rifle is legal to own....but even though it is not called an Uzi, it still looks very familiar to one. If you are worried about black helicopters coming for you because of two letters on an AK receiver, I'd be hesitant to take this one out to the range.

while it may technically legal I would be interested to see what FFL will transfer it to you...

the term "thumbhole" stock does not exist in NJ... that is a pistol grip IMO... 

the catch is always going to be guns labeled "type"... AK and AR has always been allowed and accepted... stuff like this... I am less sure of.. 

Pistol grip and detachable mags are fine, and it meets the NJ AWB requirment and it's not identical to a UZI since it's closed bolt and built to not accept any UZI parts.

Barrel is perm. welded to it, you can't put a IMI grip frame on it (different hole size), SMG bolt will not fit, and was never stamped or marketed as an UZI by Norninco.

The Vector semi-auto carbine wouldn't be legal even if it was NJ compliant, and the Vector is marketed as being a UZI while the Norinco was not.

reread what I wrote.. 

while it may technically legal I would be interested to see what FFL will transfer it to you...

the M1 carbine thing comes to mind... can't have anything even kind of like it..  as silly as that all is.. 

Did a little searching (actually a few hours worth) and found a few folks on AR15.com and other sites who have them in NJ and say these are the only clones they can get transferred. If it comes down to it I might contact one of them and find out who they used for the transfer within NJ.

Why wouldn't this one be "legal"?

http://www.jgsales.com/uc-9-centurion-9mm-uzi-sub-machinegun-style-rifle-w-fixed-wood-stock.-by-cai-p-6345.html

Wow!!! That UC-9 looks nice!

Even if it has a lug that could be ground off easily.

Just trying to find a NJ FFL could be a problem, sure the one in PA is OK with the Norinco but the drive is going to kill my back lol

it SHOULD be...but it's also Century..Caveat Emptor..find other people who have had them and shot them and get a read on the general quality before pulling the trigger....CAI has had......."Issues" in the past let's say

it SHOULD be...but it's also Century..Caveat Emptor..find other people who have had them and shot them and get a read on the general quality before pulling the trigger....CAI has had......."Issues" in the past let's say

Oh I know about the issues with Century firearms, some of the early products were fine but I've heard about them putting parts in backwards or missing/damaged parts, bad fit and finish, etc.

If I'm spening $1K on a Century I want to hold it in person and check it for any problems before spending that kind of money, I have shot Century products that were fine out of the box and had no issues with parts or fit and finish so it's rolling the dice quality wise.

Oh I know about the issues with Century firearms, some of the early products were fine but I've heard about them putting parts in backwards or missing/damaged parts, bad fit and finish, etc.

If I'm spening $1K on a Century I want to hold it in person and check it for any problems before spending that kind of money, I have shot Century products that were fine out of the box and had no issues with parts or fit and finish so it's rolling the dice quality wise.

Exactly..i still remember the run of AK's with the canted front sight /gas blocks

Exactly..i still remember the run of AK's with the canted front sight /gas blocks

They were fixable but should NEVER have been shipped out like that to FFL's for resale, I don't care if Century says "send it back, we'll fix it screw it up a second time less S&H"

They were fixable but should NEVER have been shipped out like that to FFL's for resale, I don't care if Century says "send it back, we'll fix it screw it up a second time less S&H"

Didnt they have to trash the bbl and rebore the gas port?  I remember seeing one of them and it wasnt  a Tiny Cant, it was REALLY visible from behind the rear sight

Didnt they have to trash the bbl and rebore the gas port?  I remember seeing one of them and it wasnt  a Tiny Cant, it was REALLY visible from behind the rear sight

I forget how they did it, some were not real bad and easy to correct. Some were 30-40 degrees off and needed the above mentioned work to get them back in-spec.

A slight cant isn't a big deal, but when the freakin sight is 30+ degree off you know Century has big QC issues.

I forget how they did it, some were not real bad and easy to correct. Some were 30-40 degrees off and needed the above mentioned work to get them back in-spec.

A slight cant isn't a big deal, but when the freakin sight is 30+ degree off you know Century has big QC issues.

it wasnt a "One-off" type of thing either, h\that was the REAL problem..at least Century eventually started to address those issues unlike some OTHER companies, that just chose to change it's name as problems became known in the community.  

it wasnt a "One-off" type of thing either, h\that was the REAL problem..at least Century eventually started to address those issues unlike some OTHER companies, that just chose to change it's name as problems became known in the community.  

Remember Special Weapons? They made 9mm clones of the MP5...

Most were crap, some were good. Send it in for repair and it came back the same.

Company changed names a good 4-5 times...

Most were crap, some were good. Send it in for repair and it came back the same.

that is actually what prompted me to ask you about the carbine you posted... I wondered if it was any good.. or just another sorry clone of a nice gun.. 

I personally would never buy a gun that was not as close to 100% reliable as possible.. 

that is actually what prompted me to ask you about the carbine you posted... I wondered if it was any good.. or just another sorry clone of a nice gun.. 

I personally would never buy a gun that was not as close to 100% reliable as possible.. 

I've shot the Norinco, it's a neat little carbine but welds are sloppy on most I've seen :(

Paul (PK90) said it's a no-go, he would not transfer it.

The SW5's are great guns IF you take the time to swap every major part with original HK parts, those original HK parts are $$$ and by the time you swap parts/get it as close as possible to a real-deal original HK94 you have taken a POS and put so much into it you will never get it back out when you resell it.

After Sandy Hook people were getting a min. of $1,500 for SW5's!!! These things a worth $800 used IMO and that's pushing it!

Found something else instead, ATI MKE 94 in 9mm. Built under license by HK it's as close to a HK 94 as we will ever get in the Garden State, open up the magwell to accept hi-cap mags and get some pinned 15/30 or original HK 15 round MP5 mags for it and I'm all set. Compliant with NJ evil feature count and the same gun as the SW5 (I've seen the SW5's in NJ) only this is made on HK tooling and under license in Turkey.

I need to start selling the AK's and AR's to fund other black guns :)

Now, Now...can't mention that Toadally Speshul guy..he likes to sue boards that have people who criticize his "Work" But Yes, he was one of the folks I had in mind, as well as that "Other" one that's been in the news lately because of issues with their .50, and who's rep for a studied lack of.QC started with crappy FAL's

Now, Now...can't mention that Toadally Speshul guy..he likes to sue boards that have people who criticize his "Work" But Yes, he was one of the folks I had in mind, as well as that "Other" one that's been in the news lately because of issues with their .50, and who's rep for a studied lack of.QC started with crappy FAL's

The Toad has always liked to sue, he also likes to take your money for a product he cannot deliver...

First day of ShotShow:

21bx49.jpg

Sucks to be him (Toad) :p

He's been in hiding and has his wife Wendy doing the dirty work, last time I heard her name was even on the ATF paperwork :)