scotty456

Help with obtaining Firearms permit (FID?) - stalled by PD?

Hire an attorney. I know it's expensive but I think you are being jerked around and I would sell family heirlooms to put a stop to it. But that's just me.

brucin - thanks for the advice.

pjd832 - not all of us have tons of money to just go and pay an attorney several thousand dollars to assist with this.  As it is, the cost of the firearm along will be a lot, and so I'm trying to avoid spending a ton more on an attorney to get something that I should be legally entitled too.  I'm going to hold off on an attorney until it becomes extremely clear that they will never approve my permit or until they deny me - but was just looking for some advice on other methods of perhaps encouraging them to resolve this without me having to spend tons more money.

brucin - thanks for the advice.

pjd832 - not all of us have tons of money to just go and pay an attorney several thousand dollars to assist with this.  As it is, the cost of the firearm along will be a lot, and so I'm trying to avoid spending a ton more on an attorney to g something that I should be legally entitled too.  I'm going to hold off on an attorney until it becomes extremely clear that they will never approve my permit or until they deny me - but was just looking for some advice on other methods of perhaps encouraging them to resolve this without me having to spend tons more money.

but if you dilly dally fence sit...and the pd denies ..it will cost faaarrr more...itc clear that the letter didn't do it...so whats left?...LAWYER ...lol

as people are trying to tell you,  this is nothing to fool around with.  You do NOT want to get denied.  They have NOT DENIED you yet.  Get a laywer to make SURE it gets done right and in your favor.  Just because you think you are entitled to the permit does not mean they will grant it.  The LAYWER will make sure they will grant it...if you are so entitled.  I would try and get on an easy payment plan and not waste another minute worrying.

Well, it's been over a year since I originally applied, but I'm happy to report that I received my permits the other week.  I was actually pretty much ready to bite the bullet (bad pun on this forum?) and hire an attorney - had been playing phone tag with one - but remained very polite with the local PD (and the individual in their records department handling firearms applications) and finally got the permits last week.  Now I guess I need to move on to the next phase (figuring out what firearm to purchase and learning how to use it safely!).  

Thankfully, my perseverance paid off (although it did take a year and several months), but I thank all who helped out on here with useful advice and support!