Vicious

Iranian 30-06

I have read on the interwebs that a lot of people had duds and hangfires with Iranian surplus 8mm. No personal experience, just what I have read.

Lol, well they got me for $32. Lesson learned. Why would they sell such junk? I guess I'll take it to the range and see what happens.

Because they make money selling it. Who ever does their purchasing probably didn't do any research to find out that the ammo sucks. So instead of eating the bill they are going to sell it to whomever will buy it.

They look nice, I may just remove the powder and primer to have some neat looking dummy rounds.

I have started to do just that all powder was removed from about 30 rounds and bullets too. Wonder if anyone could use the powder?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

From what I have found, they should be non-corrosive. I really have zero experience with this. how do I pull the bullet without it blowing up in my face?

Tap the primer lightly with a nail and hammer

No really don't do that lol buy a bullet puller it's a common reloading tool

Sent from my hidden under ground bunker between Taco Bell and the dry cleaner

I'd at least try them before you pull them apart; maybe you'll get lucky and have no problems. If they are all duds meh such is life sometimes. Be mindful of hangfires.

I'll wait about 30 seconds. I hear that hang fires are usually pretty quick. If I have too many duds left over, I'll put the target out to 10 yards and throw them at it.

Did you ever get a chance to try them out?

Funny you should ask, I just shot about 24 rounds today. No misfires, but a few didn't want to cycle the action properly. Additionally, they seemed hotter than Greek HXP. I will shoot the rest of what I have, but I will not buy the Iranian stuff anymore. 

I have started to do just that all powder was removed from about 30 rounds and bullets too. Wonder if anyone could use the powder?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Never use any unknown powder. Use it on the grass its high in nitrogen and great fertilizer.