hotel71

Hooked!!! My new 91/30 mosin is in!!!

So doing the research I found out if you take the BACK sight off it reveals a dovetail..

Anyone recommend a mount and long view scope??

Look for an offset scope mount and find a scope that fills your needs/budget.

Very nice rifle! Hows the barrel on yours?

Ncstar makes a long eye relief scope that should work fine.  I was looking at this one, still on fence whether I will do the scope or not though. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/7x32E-Pistol-and-Long-Eye-Relief-Scope-NcSTAR-/360580454617?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=Y5y5D6uJRX78LKV9JGBRda3MHu0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Ncstar makes a long eye relief scope that should work fine.  I was looking at this one, still on fence whether I will do the scope or not though. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/7x32E-Pistol-and-Long-Eye-Relief-Scope-NcSTAR-/360580454617?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=Y5y5D6uJRX78LKV9JGBRda3MHu0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I had one of those, used it on my 7.65 mauser and it was OK. I put it on a beat-up 10/22 I take to the WMA ranges and it's still going strong after 2 years.

Not the best but for $60 it's a good deal.

Some pics with the brassstacker and nc star.Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I have the same setup. And yes you can still use the sight but its not adj anymore but can see thru for the 100 yd base setting. Brass stacker is great but I had a hulluva time knocking out one of the original sight pins!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By 8lbsledge
      Looking to sell 1940 dated, Sniper marked Tula Mosin-Nagant with 40rd of Yugoslav Surplus LPS ammo with 2 clips. Rifle began it's life from the factory as a PEM pattern sniper rifle, sporting a copy of a German ZF-39 scope on a side mount. After the war, it was decommissioned and placed in a laminate stock, with the optic removed. Despite the stock replacement, the buttplate was retained from the original stock, and is numbered 217 like the rest of the parts. Rifle functions, and shoots fairly well, and the bore is in good shape. Photos provide proof of previous optic mount.
      Included: Rifle, 40rd surplus ammo, 2 clips
      Price for all pictured: $550 cash

Located in Warren county, will not drive further than 45min from washington

• By Trader979
      Vortex Crossfire II 4-12-40 ao scope and vortex hunter rings. Perfect condition. First to say take’em. Red Bank  

• By MichaelDiggs
      Hi there. Finally got my Primary Arms Platinum 1x-8 ACSS Rectile Scope. Glass is super clear and is very forgiving. Down to the problem. The turrets for elevation and windage lift up and then you can turn them. Simple. Low and behold my brother unscrewed just the turret cap and the turret cap came off, no big deal. BUT what I don't understand is how do I know what exact position to put it back in on? Like what mark was it lined up with? Does it matter? I basically want to screw it back on exactly where it was, but that is impossible now, so my question I guess is, how would I take this scope back to like factory defaults with the turning turrrets? I just don't want to slap on the turret before knowing how to put it back on in the right place. Is there a way this can be done? I have not zeroed it yet, so making changes to the turrets is fine with me. Thinking of zeroing it at 50 or 100 yards since I won't be shooting out so darn far. If you know what I mean and think you may know the answer I'd be greatly appreciated. I can always contact Primary Arms and ask them, but I get really good feedback in here sometimes with you guys. Well, take it easy!

• By MichaelDiggs
      I have a couple red dots and want to enter the scope world. For mostly 1000 yards and less. Most of the time a lot of time at the range at 500 yards or less. Possibly for hunting, but I'm not a big animal killer and don't like deer meat too much. Still trying to find out what exactly every number means in the specifications of the model, but I think I have it down pretty good. Let me know if I'm wrong. The "3-9x" would mean that's what the magnification is. "40mm" would mean the size of the glass circle itself. The larger, the better and more surface area you have when viewing using the rectile. Would that mean a scope with a larger mm size is just larger and is better and has a larger viewing area? I'd like the largest that is within being normal of using it on an AR-15. These are the ones I have had my eyes on. Don't need anything at all that cost $3000+ from the bank. Getting tired of my red dots, want a change and what better to change out my old red dots!
      And when they say ILLUMINATED, does that mean the rectile/scope itself is illuminated? I understand there may be a red dot which needs to light up so it can be seen, but is there anything else illuminated while looking through the scope itself? Yea, I like to ask lots of questions, since when I do read too much online I do get even more confused since everyone has their own opinion on what something is. I've found this forum to be really cool with great people. Thanks, and I will take any of your recommendations of scopes not listed below. The ones below just caught my eye because of their price. Thanks again!!!!

Sig Sauer Whiskey3   3-9x 40mm  Quadplex Rectile   $119
      Leupold VH-5HD 30mm 2-10x 42mm Duplex Rectile    $599
      Leupold Mark AR MOD 1  1.5x-4  20mm   Illuminated Firedot SPR Rectile   $299
      Leupold Mark AR MOD 1  3-9x  40mm  Illuminated Firedot Rectile  $299