Tactical Turtle

Why Do You Have Guns?

I was on the rifle team in college. Shot .22lr rifles. Didn't keep up with it after college. A few months ago, got back into shooting for HD and target shooting. It is a fun sport and is a way to take personal responsibility for my (and my family's) safety. I also have found it very interesting to research the history behind the different models and their historical significance.

When I had my mid-life crisis 7 years ago ( I'll be 43 in July) I had a newborn. I told my wife that I either wanted a motorcycle license for the 1972 Honda CB450 in the garage, or my pistol license. She told me that there was no way that I was getting on a motorcycle with the effing idiots on the road in Bergen County.

I picked up my paperwork the next day at the police dept.

Since then my wife got her fid, she's looking for her third pistol, and I bought my soon to be 8 year old girl a .22/.410 combo rifle.

Got a 12 gauge, CX4 9mm, and just completed my first ar build. Five pistols, too.

And by the way, they prefer to be called "Inuits," not Eskimos. Eurocentric oppressor! But they will invade, have no doubt!

I bought my first gun for home defense.

The second for hunting.

My third to have a second and different type of hd gun.

My fourth for hunting different game.

My fifth because it liked my third and wanted it in a bigger caliber.

Then there's those 3 permits I'm waiting on...

Sure, I used the home defense excuse at first, but to be honest, they are the toys I never got to play with as a kid. Growing up is great :-)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

^ This is me to a T.