johnp

Lehigh Valley Sporting Clays

I remember reading about this place on here awhile ago and it sounded awesome, in the past few months my friends and I have gotten into shooting trap. I told them about this place and they said lets do it.

Few questions: 

1. Having never shot sporting clays before will we be completely lost? Or will we be okay as novice trap shooters, on the beginners sporting clay course?
  2. Does every group have have their own puller or is there a puller at every station? Or do you pull for people in your group?
  3. Should I call and make a reservation if we wanted to have a group of 3-4 on Saturday morning with a golf cart? Or does it not get that crazy busy?
  4. Is ammo included in the price of a round of 100?
  5. Any other insight into this place, tips, advice, etc.

Thanks in advance.

LVSC is a great place - have been there several times

1. they have 3 levels -  you should do fine on the beginners and maybe the intermediate

2. You pull for your own group. They supply a box that plugs in at each station and it has buttons on it to fire the stations

3. never went on a weekend so would not know, never did make a reservation for weekdays- call and ask. We walked the course,(very pleasant)  but it helps to rent a cart to hold the ammo and the guns

4. ammo is extra, you can bring your own or buy there. They had reasonable prices

just go and have a great time. It is a blast

1. you will be fine I went for first time last NJGF outing we did beginners

2. someone in your group  pushs  a button on the keypad when you say pull

3. get their early

4. BYOA or purchase there

5. HAVE FUN and be safe

I waited an hour or so on a Sunday morning in the fall. Their rental o/u guns were pretty nice and I think maybe $20 or so for the day. I had only shot once before and did fine so as long as someone in the group knows the basics, should be ok. At each station you get to launch a pair without shooting first to see where they go. Unless you have trouble walking, I'd not bother with a cart, other groups ahead will slow the pace anyway. Have fun!

Thanks fellas.

The reason I asked about the golf cart is because on the map the course looks pretty huge, I'm not an old man but I got a bum knee. Is the course not as big the picture makes it seem?

I walk every time. I have a push cart, and LVS rents those as well for 7 bucks. They hold 2 guns and all your ammo and gear. There can be 75 yards between stations, but there are a lot of stations where the walk is 10 yards!! The front side is wooded and shady and a very nice flat walk. The back side is sunny and open with a very slight rise. I think you would have more fun walking and taking in the entire place. All stations have electronic pullers. For the green course (beginner), you get what looks like a credit card and insert that into the machine. That allows you to pull. For the Blue and Orange courses (They are the same stations), you get an electronic unit that you plug in. I find summer weekends hit or miss in terms of crowds. Some days it is empty, but some it is crowded. I get there around 8:30 or so so I can get out quickly and avoid any potential crowd. That said, check the website first, to make sure they don't have an event on the day you decide to go. You are best to avoid those days!! I shoot there about 40 or more times per year, and am involved in the winter leagues. It is a great place and you can become addicted to sporting clays!! 

Rent a golf cart it's a up and down hike and a round takes a good few hours. Enjoy yourself

Also go to grumpys BBQ afterwards you will love it

This, i'd go back just for the ribs.... omg, so good.

get the aligator bites too 

WOW!! My buddy and I went this morning and shot a round. SO much fun and beautiful scenery. Shooting clays over a lake was quite an experience. And cruising around in a golf cart is always fun. If it wasn't such a drive I'd be there once a week.

I shot 62/100 not great but for a novice trap shooter, I'm happy.

Shame, they have cold beer too.

Next time we go to LVSC I will definitely stop at the BBQ joint. I had a real shitty breakfast at Denny's and it was so god damn hot out today, both just wiped the hunger right out of me.