Several posters were discussing purchasing 7.62x54r ammo in bulk from an NJ outfit named AmmoMan.

Went to ammoman.com and learned that they do NOT ship to NJ (and several other states). Anyone have any idea why?

I will relate something else I noticed, with a great sense of dread and apprehension due to the potential for saying something that might annoy a NJ dealer. That is, their prices are much higher than one could finagle on ArmsList, or even from other dealers.

E.g. 880 rounds of 7.62x54r were listed as "$249, delivered," which is moot because they don't ship within the Garden State. Aim Surplus sells 880 rounds for $180, plus about $35 for shipping, and they actually do ship to NJ.

Several posters were discussing purchasing 7.62x54r ammo in bulk from an NJ outfit named AmmoMan.

Went to ammoman.com and learned that they do NOT ship to NJ (and several other states). Anyone have any idea why?

I will relate something else I noticed, with a great sense of dread and apprehension due to the potential for saying something that might annoy a NJ dealer. That is, their prices are much higher than one could finagle on ArmsList, or even from other dealers.

E.g. 880 rounds of 7.62x54r were listed as "$249, delivered," which is moot because they don't ship within the Garden State. Aim Surplus sells 880 rounds for $180, plus about $35 for shipping, and they actually do ship to NJ.

I live close to ammo man, although I've never bought ammo from him.  His F2F prices are about $20 cheaper than his internet prices.

I called him once and asked why he didn't ship to NJ.  His response was that he didn't want to deal with the legalities.  He's just a guy trying to make a living.

I live close to ammo man, although I've never bought ammo from him.  His F2F prices are about $20 cheaper than his internet prices.

I called him once and asked why he didn't ship to NJ.  His response was that he didn't want to deal with the legalities.  He's just a guy trying to make a living.

One thing you have to say about him: He actually has product. If you can afford >$1 per round for some of the big calibers, you can get it. The only .22s he sells though are blanks. 

I live close to ammo man, although I've never bought ammo from him. His F2F prices are about $20 cheaper than his internet prices.

I called him once and asked why he didn't ship to NJ. His response was that he didn't want to deal with the legalities. He's just a guy trying to make a living.

I have bought from him and he is great imho. Trying ro make a living?. This guy is living. Did u see what is parked out front?

I should have thought of it.

I defend him... his prices are not always the best. He buys what he can when he can and resells. Sometimes he has great deals and sometimes he does not. Hit and miss. But when you hit it is always worth it.

Like others have said, Eric isnt too bad to deal with.  You must call before you go though.  He is a ball buster about that.  If the ammo in question is heavy (7.62x54r is) he will cut you a break.  He will cut you a bigger break if you bring cash.  Remember, all the prices on his website include shipping.  If you go in and pick it up he will always knock the shipping off automatically.

Ken

I went looking for his place last year since im close by , well he has another place a little further down the road close to rt73 , so i thought it was the place i pull in and go up to the door and walk in , well first i see all model cars in glass cases then a new Porshe and Ferrari , after wandering around wondering where the hell the ammo is some  young guy comes out and say can i help you , i say yea im here for ammo , he says ohhhh its his other building in the business complex , i say wow nice cars , he says yeah their my bosses ............. so yea this guy is making a living

That is because he does not want to deal with collecting sales tax or complying with NJ FID requirements for Ammo sales online.

I have not personally shopped from him, and I do hear stories that are hit or miss.

The one time I did get in touch with him to try and buy 308 Gold Medal Match, he was a rude and abnoxious.

He had a price online for shipped.  I emailed him to ask him if he can do any better if I can down, picked it up and paid cash.  (knowing that he usually does this for people who pick it up).  He responded back to me saying no, and giving me a hard time for even asking.

From the folks who I know that did go down there, yeah, he was a bit secretive... then again when you deal with ammo in NJ and you likely do cash deals with no tax anyone would be.

As far as him "making a living".... it really is a nice "living."  lol.  Hey, I give him props and don't hold it against him, but let's be honest, he is not just getting by.

I was chatting with his friend who did his merchandising for him (tshirts, etc) a few years back and makes you realize how much volume he pushes.  AT his volume of ammo, there is plenty of money there.

Bottom line... yeah, he is alright.  I wouldn't buy from him because of my personal experience, but I don't hold it against anyone who does.

I went looking for his place last year since im close by , well he has another place a little further down the road close to rt73 , so i thought it was the place i pull in and go up to the door and walk in , well first i see all model cars in glass cases then a new Porshe and Ferrari , after wandering around wondering where the hell the ammo is some young guy comes out and say can i help you , i say yea im here for ammo , he says ohhhh its his other building in the business complex , i say wow nice cars , he says yeah their my bosses ............. so yea this guy is making a living

So if I charge $1 a round ill have a Porsche and a Ferrari too?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Maks is rite.  Eric can be a serious ass at times.  I think he is alittle to high strung.  The last time I was there he was being a little cranky untill the ice cream truck showed up, then happy again.  I am serious too, you cant make stuff like that up.  Over on another unnamed forum I belong to you dont even want to bring his name up or people will trash you to death.  I still am not sure exactly why they hate him so but it might have to do with the weird attitude problems there.

Shawn~

His prices do somewhat suck rite now but a lot of places suck rite now.  I have gotten some deals from this guy that could not be matched anywhere.  It pays to check all sources and buy from the best without a doubt rite now.

Ken

I too have gotten some really good deals from Eric in the past.

Like many places these days, Ammoman is hit or miss. A couple of years ago, I was able to get Federal XM-193 at $.28/round. That was as good, or better than most places online at the time. Better, it was cash and carry. He also hooked me up with some free ammo cans.

I have nothing bad to say about Ammoman, however, like most consumers, I want the best 'bang for my buck' (pun intended), so I will shop for the best price for what I want.

Should that be Eric, then so be it. If he has the best deal, I'm happy to buy from him. If not, I'll buy from whoever does.