vladtepes

just a little clarification...

that was not directed at you.. that was in general.. 

I edited it to read like this.. so hopefully it makes more sense now..

NP - you were threading a fine-line with your "punctuation"...The new paragraph before "Take Combat Auto.." makes all the difference.

And I agree, we did have a discussion without the disrespect - that is how it should be - wheather or not there is agreement....

I hope you can answer my first post to this thread though, about someone elses inflamitory remarks.

NP - you were threading a fine-line with your "punctuation"...The new paragraph before "Take Combat Auto.." makes all the difference.

And I agree, we did have a discussion without the disrespect - that is how it should be - wheather or not there is agreement....

I hope you can answer my first post to this thread though, about someone elses inflamitory remarks.

What I read was the accurate description of very very terrible ideas. IMO HE never insulted you or was malicious towards you, he was simply pointing out that you were flat-out wrong.

What I read was the accurate description of very very terrible ideas. IMO HE never insulted you or was malicious towards you, he was simply pointing out that you were flat-out wrong.

Really? So in your mind these are not inflamitory?

• "But you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. The above statement is the dumbest thing I have ever read regarding HD/CQB on the internets".
  • "It is calling the bull$hit that you posted bull$shit."
  • "This is exactly the kind of irresponsible posting that I am talking about."

CA, bear with me... My ipad battery died and I refuse to sit at my desk on weekends. So I'm typing in my lil iphone.

So maybe there is a better way. Maybe not request respect. Just request civility. For instance, I may not respect someone, (and keep that part to myself), but at the same time, I can always be civil. Dbags as it was so eloquently put, can be intelligent too. Some of the best geniuses on this planet cannot match socks ... Lol... I'll be honest, I have not met many people here. But I'd like to think the few I did, thought I was at least an ok guy. But even if not, I get it.

Lets face it, tolerance plays a big role in alter ego worlds such as this. Just like I had to control road rage years ago, joining here has tested me with new challenges all over again. Challenges I never wanted to have to face again.

I've rubbed salt before and probably still do. To me, that falls into the category of you can't please everyone nor lead the horse to water.

Again, it's not worth it. I won't take sides with either of you though. I walk away respecting both of you as long as you or the other party doesn't cause me to think you are dbags. In which case, I will keep it to myself. I like both of you... Probably because I know/known people like you... You both have your past and present experiences. I can appreciate that... What I've learned from folks is that I can appreciate all levels of people. A snob I am not. It just enables me to fit in better with anyone if I desire and respect them for whom they are. However, it is not easy behind the internet curtain...

What am I really like? I'll tell you same thing I tell everyone. You are going to either love me or hate me. There is NO middle ground. And I'm fine with that...

;)

Really? So in your mind these are not inflamitory?

• "But you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. The above statement is the dumbest thing I have ever read regarding HD/CQB on the internets".
  • "It is calling the bull$hit that you posted bull$shit."
  • "This is exactly the kind of irresponsible posting that I am talking about."

No, I do not find them to be inflammatory.

No, I do not find them to be inflammatory.

I guess we have a different value system...Or it is just a cop-out...

Nevertheless, either way, this sort of stuff will continue on the forum if you don't recognize it for what its is...

No matter to me, just trying to underatand what the value system is....

I guess we have a different value system...Or it is just a cop-out...

Nevertheless, either way, this sort of stuff will continue on the forum if you don't recognize it for what its is...

No matter to me, just trying to underatand what the value system is....

Are you saying you are personally offended by the statements that he made?

Are you saying you are personally offended by the statements that he made?

No, but just think what would happen if everyone used a similiar launguage..."bullshit"; "your statements are dumb"; "irresponsible posting"....Wouldn't be a productive place to participate - would it? -Hum, maybe that is why participation rate is so low (vs actual visitors)....Just trying to give some feedback...A more resectful atmosphere would lead to more participation I would think...You may want to do some polling on this if you havn't already.

Hmmmm.... I think I see what could be the root of a lot of these problems...

Nobody really knows each other from hell nor high water. Nobody knows each others expertise or lack there of. And it's not like anyone announces it either. But we are expected to believe everything. I get that. Problem is the alter ego again. Anybody could be anyone behind the keyboard. It comes down to who the hell are you to blah blah blah...?

Think for a moment if you met face to face and learned their real names, backgrounds, mentality, etc. Ask yourself... Would that make a difference?

Only a handful of people here really know each other personally. But you know what? They are not the ones getting into these tiffs...

Seriously, it's an internet thing. It would be a lot different otherwise and typing on an iphone in length sux! :)

CA, bear with me... My ipad battery died and I refuse to sit at my desk on weekends. So I'm typing in my lil iphone.

So maybe there is a better way. Maybe not request respect. Just request civility. For instance, I may not respect someone, (and keep that part to myself), but at the same time, I can always be civil. Dbags as it was so eloquently put, can be intelligent too. Some of the best geniuses on this planet cannot match socks ... Lol... I'll be honest, I have not met many people here. But I'd like to think the few I did, thought I was at least an ok guy. But even if not, I get it.

Lets face it, tolerance plays a big role in alter ego worlds such as this. Just like I had to control road rage years ago, joining here has tested me with new challenges all over again. Challenges I never wanted to have to face again.

I've rubbed salt before and probably still do. To me, that falls into the category of you can't please everyone nor lead the horse to water.

Again, it's not worth it. I won't take sides with either of you though. I walk away respecting both of you as long as you or the other party doesn't cause me to think you are dbags. In which case, I will keep it to myself. I like both of you... Probably because I know/known people like you... You both have your past and present experiences. I can appreciate that... What I've learned from folks is that I can appreciate all levels of people. A snob I am not. It just enables me to fit in better with anyone if I desire and respect them for whom they are. However, it is not easy behind the internet curtain...

What am I really like? I'll tell you same thing I tell everyone. You are going to either love me or hate me. There is NO middle ground. And I'm fine with that...

;)

No worries Bunted, I am done with this line of discussion...Just wanted to understand what the rules are, the values of the forum are, and what is OK to say to each other...Very enlightening actually.

Hmmmm.... I think I see what could be the root of a lot of these problems...

Nobody really knows each other from hell nor high water. Nobody knows each others expertise or lack there of. And it's not like anyone announces it either. But we are expected to believe everything. I get that. Problem is the alter ego again. Anybody could be anyone behind the keyboard. It comes down to who the hell are you to blah blah blah...?

Think for a moment if you met face to face and learned their real names, backgrounds, mentality, etc. Ask yourself... Would that make a difference?

Only a handful of people here really know each other personally. But you know what? They are not the ones getting into these tiffs...

Seriously, it's an internet thing. It would be a lot different otherwise and typing on an iphone in length sux! :)

Honestly Behunted, I used to post on the NJGF alot when I first joined, but over the months the nasty remarks led me to other boards usually. It becomes very non-productive when this stuff starts...1911 forum - a great group of people; M1A forum ditto...There are mostly great people here too, but the few Yahoos make it a less that optimom enviornment. Not sure if it a "jersey" thing (the other sights I mentioned are national), or the fact that it is OK to use some of the inflamitory remaks that I cut from the other guys post above...I trully believe what I suggested to the moderator above.

I think you'll find it less on larger systems because -of- the size. It's like a needle in a haystack. It happens there, but the noise to signal ratio is a lot smaller. I know I can't keep up there. I'd have to read 24/7 to be totally enlightened.

In any event.., stop worrying. It will eat your gut alive. There is too many factors in close quarters here. Age maybe being one of the culprits. Old dog new dog, ya know. Just try have fun and extract what you can and use it to the best way possible.

I think you'll find it less on larger systems because -of- the size. It's like a needle in a haystack. It happens there, but the noise to signal ratio is a lot smaller. I know I can't keep up there. I'd have to read 24/7 to be totally enlightened. In any event.., stop worrying. It will eat your gut alive. There is too many factors in close quarters here. Age maybe being one of the culprits. Old dog new dog, ya know. Just try have fun and extract what you can and use it to the best way possible.

You should author a book: Zen and the Art of Internet Forum Surfing ;-)...

Seriously, thanks for the good advise...Your a Good Man!

Long leash you say? You gave me a warning for calling someone a moron, after he insulted me, and you didn't warn him. Then you also told me, "Next time, it's a ban". I wouldn't call that a long leash....

LOL don't feel bad, I got my "demerit" for responding to some assclown's condescending remark to me...  Go figure?

Mak, apologies as I didn't read beyond Page 1 yet, but if you need cheaper hosting, I may have a solution.

I own a car site with a friend who has pretty big server capacity for his family business.  We dovetail on that and I just pay the $10 a year for the IP registration.  PM me if you want to explore the options.

Back on topic, sort of, Bucket 3 is a fun place to hang out.  Most of us are relatively local, so there are many topics that are of interest to us that are more specific than a national forum, aside from the gun threads.

Is it okay if I complain about the people complaining about people complaining?

I am deeply offended by this.

And the solution to keyboard commandos is to simply have everyone come out to one of the shotgun shoot days or various other events and put faces to those screen names.  I've only met a few people here, but it was a pleasant experience...  And everyone is armed, so everyone is nice...