Maksim

NJ Gun Law Questions - READ THIS FIRST!

Just in the past few days we have again seen a lot of the very basic questions asked over and over again.  While no question is a stupid question when it comes to guns, please be considerate and realize that your question was likely answered a few times before.  We have a Search Features, at the very top right.  Put in what you are looking for, and hit search.

Secondly, we spent a lot of time putting together a gun laws summary that if you read, will answer 99% of the basic questions, such as firearm legality, requirements to purchase and face to face transfers/sales.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE use it before asking your questions.

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/blog/1/entry-16-nj-gun-law-summary/

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By Franklin Armory
      Franklin Armory® is pleased to announce that the RS7™ Reformation™ and the RS11™ Reformation™ will be made available for sale to residents of New Jersey in the near future.  Both the RS7™ and RS11™ feature our patent pending barrel technology with straight cut lands and grooves that separates and distinguishes our Reformation™ branded firearms from standard rifled firearms and smooth bore firearms that are not equipped with our Reformation™ technology.  Franklin Armory® has been working with New Jersey law enforcement to ensure that the Reformation™ branded products are classified properly by state and local law enforcement.  Reformation™ branded firearms.  In anticipation of the release, Franklin Armory® will be accepting reservations for the RS7™ Reformation™ and the RS11™ Reformation™.
      Additional information on the Reformation™ firearm can be found on http://www.reformationfirearms.com/
    • By My1stGlock
      Does anyone know if this is legal according to Jersey gun laws? Has anybody done this? The intention is to transport to and from my range. Any input from any law enforcement? What about interstate? Just curious as my hatchback is really tight and wanted to know what other options are there. The cargo top would be locked. 
    • By Michael1776
      Michael J. Cino is the Chairman of the Constitutional Carry Coalition - we believe that "justifiable need" should be trashed - Please CALL TEN PEOPLE you know in the 5th Congressional District and ASK THEM TO VOTE FOR MICHAEL J. CINO IN THE REPUBLICAN PRIMARY JUNE 7 AgainstTheEstablishment.com
      Then ask them to CALL TEN PEOPLE THEMSELVES

and then ask those TEN to call TEN PEOPLE to Vote for Michael J. Cino in the 5th Congressional District on June 7 - it's the only way we are going to get rid of "justifiable need" and change the gun laws in New Jersey AgainstTheEstablishment.com
    • By Stonecoldchavez
      http://www.burlingtoncountytimes.com/news/local/christie-says-nj-gun-laws-overreaching-offered-pardon-in-mount/article_e387207a-e25d-11e5-8f0a-ab455d0934dc.html

Article in today's Burlington County Times saying that Brian Aitken declined Christie's attempt to pardon him for the hollow point bullets charges he received.

I am a little confused by the article because it says he denied the pardon because he wants to appeal the charges. But at the end of the article it says he has exhausted all his appeals.

"Aitken, who has moved out of New Jersey, has written a book about his ordeal and the case's lasting impact, claiming on social media that a Family Court judge has refused to grant him visitation rights with his son because of his conviction. He has exhausted all his appeals."

So which is it?

I agree with Brian on appealing the charges. If he takes the pardon, the draconian gun laws "go away" until the next person is arrested.

• By NJCK
      I spent the afternoon doing everything I could to get in touch with legislators across this State that I've interacted with the last several years through my line of work... I can tell you out of my conversations today that 1) behind the scenes Cryan and Weinberg are trying to strong-arm fence sitters (no surprise, I'm sure); 2) word has spread about the farce yesterday and Mainor's lack of decorum and the attempt to side-step the process (even if their minds were made up) given the unprecedented turnout and unprecedented number of Bills; 3) there is serious concern for good legislation being tabled to rush gun control through; and 4) some are definite gun-grabbers and their minds are completely closed!

As a result, I implore each and every one of you to write a letter to your Assembly representatives IMMEDIATELY and please cater what you write to the Bills that will be voted next week - list them specifically and be brief with your reason for objection. Try to make it a technical argument and not solely on the infringement of our 2A Right. Give them cause to vote with us and fodder to use against their fellow Assembly members! To be effective, I suggest write no more than 1 page, lots of white space remaining, and please be sure to include your contact information. Again, make this a written letter and mail tomorrow to their local offices. At this point, emails are being dumped in mass due to inbox limits. Call takers are just striking off for/against if anything at all. I have been told when the fax machines run out of paper, they are simply shutting them off and resetting them and losing everything in memory. Thus, let's resort to old-fashioned snail mail!

Those who need help finding their legislators, use this: http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/members/legsearch.asp