johnp

Hangfire stupidity video

This one has made the circuit previously, but always good as a retread for the Newbies!

Moral to the story is patience with a hang-fire, then unload the gun and inspect for light hit/no hit on the primer.  If she no go BANG, keep gun pointed down range, no matter what type of gun it is.

One LUCKY Dude, who probably SH!T his pants!

Dave

This has been around for a very long time.  A new hat and new underwear are in order.  This could have been very bad and shows why experienced people tell you to leave your gun pointed down range on a misfire.

Question:  You hear him rerack after the initial hangfire.. basically:

boom - chickchick - boom - chickchick - click - chickchick - click - *stares down barrel* - Boom

Wouldn't the rerack in between the two misfire eject the bad round?

boom - chickchick - boom - chickchick - click - chickchick - click - *stares down barrel* - Boom

He did rerack, but I didn't see anything fly out like on the previous rackings.  Could be that his shotgun is dirty or malfunctioning(which I would expect from this idiot) and needs the firing of the round to seat it in the ejector.

Or the whole video is a spoof.

Normally I would say, "Yes", but since the video is rather pixelated, it's hard for me to see the first bad round being ejected onto the ground.  He could have short-stroked it, restroked it, and then hang-fire, OR--more than one bad round from a box of mis-manufactured or mis-stored shells!  You can get a hang-fire from shells that we in a flood, for instance.

Either way, he's a DUMBASS!  And a LUCKY one at that!

D'oh!  That's gonna leave a mark.

Seriously though, why didn't the guy shooting the video yell at him to put the gun down?

Do you see how steady the video is?  He's most likely got it mounted on a tripod.  I doubt there's a cameraperson.