njpilot

Lautenberg Dead

He was an enemy of the State who worked tirelessly to usurp our freedoms and to make criminals of us all. By his actions, it appears he loathed our freedoms and liberties, and betrayed the very notions upon which this nation was founded.

I will not pay him any respects because he is a man most undeserving of them.

+1

I appreciate his service to his country. I could not stand him for his stance on gun control. He was not only anti-gun, he was the leader of the pack for all the knee jerk reaction legislation that popped up in the U.S. Senate. He is now gone. Let us move on. Hopefully Christie appoints someone that can actually compete in the upcoming election. Time will tell.............

He does that he is DONE.

Why do you say that?

If Christie appoints Booker ( Heavy favorite for the senate spot anyway)

Booker is a shoe in for senate election and owes Christie.

Any one else Christie appoints will be gone in 5 months.

Why do you say that?

If Christie appoints Booker ( Heavy favorite for the senate spot anyway)

Booker is a shoe in for senate election and owes Christie.

Any one else Christie appoints will be gone in 5 months.

because if Christie appoints a Dem to the Senate, whatever juice he has left with GOP/Tea Party will be gone in a blink

The man embodied everything that is wrong with politics. I find it very hard not to take some joy from his passing. Avoiding reveling in the suffering of others is one of those rules I try to adhere to thoroughly, but he was one of those that makes that difficult.

My condolences to his family, but I'm not going to mourn his passing even a little bit.

The man lived to 89 years old and was relatively healthy right up to the end as far as I can tell. That's a success story in my opinion.  My sympathies go out to his loved ones for ther loss, but 89 is not an untimely death.  We should all be so fortunate.

Some of you guys seem to miss the forest for the trees.  The primary problem in NJ is not the politicians, but those who continue to put them in office.  Not only those who voted for Lautenberg, but those who disagreed with his politics and sat at home on their asses allowing his re-election.  So Lautenberg is gone, whoopie-doo.  The people who repeatedly put him in office are still going strong.  When these politicians get VOTED out, then rejoice.

The man lived to 89 years old and was relatively healthy right up to the end as far as I can tell. That's a success story in my opinion.  My sympathies go out to his loved ones for ther loss, but 89 is not an untimely death.  We should all be so fortunate.

Some of you guys seem to miss the forest for the trees.  The primary problem in NJ is not the politicians, but those who continue to put them in office.  Not only those who voted for them, but those who disagree with their politics and sit at home on their asses allowing their re-election.  So Lautenberg is gone, whoopie-doo.  The people who repeatedly put him in office are still going strong.  When these politicians get VOTED out, then rejoice.

I don't buy this.  New Jersey is in a stranglehold by the urban Democratic machine that runs this state.  This machine, which is presumably operated by Boss Norcross leverages its political clout to entrench its position through redistricting schemes and kickbacks to areas which yield them more votes.  Years and years of this cycle has left the opposition quite powerless.

Evidence of this exists with the election of Chris Christie, a relatively modest candidate (at the time) going up against a disgraced Corzine... and he still had great difficulty winning!

I don't buy this.  New Jersey is in a stranglehold by the urban Democratic machine that runs this state.  This machine, which is presumably operated by Boss Norcross leverages its political clout to entrench its position through redistricting schemes and kickbacks to areas which yield them more votes.  Years and years of this cycle has left the opposition quite powerless.

Evidence of this exists with the election of Chris Christie, a relatively modest candidate (at the time) going up against a disgraced Corzine... and he still had great difficulty winning!

I don't understand this machine theory. It made sense in the days of immigrant ghettos, when ward bosses could deliver whole blocks of votes in exchange for kickbaks, but how does it work today? I've never met any power broker who could influence how I vote, and I would imagine it's the same for the vast majority of us. Maybe union members are told by their higher ups who to vote for, but what real effect does that have? If my boss told me to vote for someone, I might vote for the opponent just to spite him.

Sadly, I think most Jerseyans are Dems who just reflexively vote Dem without thinking.

Gerrymandering has been going on for decades in both Democratic and Republican controlled areas nationwide.  This hasn't stopped the opposite party from prevailing in many cases.

Your example of Christie makes my point.  Enough voters that were against the status quo actually turned out and made it happen.  Then they went back to sleep.  Unless you are alleging vote-fixing on an unprecedented scale, it is still up to the people to change things in this state.  I don't see it happening.  Americans nationwide seem less concerned with the erosion of their rights.  Want to change the state?  Change the minds of the people.

Expect Christie to appoint his good friend Joe Kyrillos to the US Senate seat.

Yes, we need more RINOS stomping around the Garden State. 

I don't get how people celebrate a persons death we live in America where opposing viewpoints are supposed to be celebrated. Our Founding Fathers fiercely encouraged debate. I don't agree with Lautenberg politically but he was chosen by his constituents to represent their political beliefs.

I also disagree with name calling because I don't think that is mature. If you have a point to make it is better received delivered in a civil manner. In my opinion.

Who is John Galt?

I am so excited I figured out how to change my signature.

I don't understand this machine theory. It made sense in the days of immigrant ghettos, when ward bosses could deliver whole blocks of votes in exchange for kickbaks, but how does it work today? I've never met any power broker who could influence how I vote, and I would imagine it's the same for the vast majority of us. Maybe union members are told by their higher ups who to vote for, but what real effect does that have? If my boss told me to vote for someone, I might vote for the opponent just to spite him.

Sadly, I think most Jerseyans are Dems who just reflexively vote Dem without thinking.

I'd gladly give my vote out to any broker stopping by with a few bucks.  As it is, I waste my time driving to the poll anyway for nothing.

As to Frank's seat, let's get the Torch in there to babysit for 5 months, lol.  Or maybe Corzine has some free time these days, not being indicted and all.

I wonder how payroll works.  Frank has been drawing a fat salary for decades now.  Does someone in DC shut off the pay cycle upon learning of the death? 

I don't get how people celebrate a persons death we live in America where opposing viewpoints are supposed to be celebrated. Our Founding Fathers fiercely encouraged debate. I don't agree with Lautenberg politically but he was chosen by his constituents to represent their political beliefs.

I also disagree with name calling because I don't think that is mature. If you have a point to make it is better received delivered in a civil manner. In my opinion.

Who is John Galt?

I am so excited I figured out how to change my signature.

You are right in that he was chosen by some of his constituents, but not all.

But he was simply available to be chosen by illegal ruling of a Liberal state supreme court ruling bypassing a long-standing law that says "No candidate shall be replaced inside of X days before the election"   Period.  But they did it anyway.

Aside from Mister Lauternberg's lack of doing anything but collecting his pay, aside from the occasional photo op, he also took a long nap while we as residents suffer the worst return on investment in the entire country (or one of the worst).

Aside from the fact that he dedicated his life to destroying our Nation and Constitution, he spent a good bit of his time wishing death upon Republicans in general and celebrating the occasion himself.

I don't want him to burn in Hell, I'm just glad that a serious enemy of our Nation and our People is no longer fighting to destroy us.

Date of next NJ senate election unclear

New Jersey law contains two contradictory clauses about filling a Senate vacancy: one would set up a special election this November, while one would put the election on hold until November 2014. Five sources in Washington and New Jersey -- three Democrats and two Republicans -- said the law is murky. Four of them said to expect a court fight if the election is not this year.

Ohhh.. this makes it even more interesting..

lets "honor" lautenberg by helping to boot out some incumbents tonight! I'll be at Dehart and Eames headquaters 5:30 115 rt 46 W Mountain Lakes NJ. Building A Suite 5.

And help put some true patriots in office this election

I can't wait to cast my vote for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk