njpilot

Lautenberg Dead

Opposing view points are a lot different than blatant lies. Hidden agendas, lying, using your money to buy out your constituents, etc., has nothing to do with opposing views.

When somebody is allowed to continue a position of authority that does this is nothing more than scum! And I don't want to hear -we- voted for him because did not. It just proves how corrupt this government is. I have no problem saying it to their faces either. 
So lets not forget what these people are doing to us. Views and lies do not mix!

I don't get how people celebrate a persons death we live in America where opposing viewpoints are supposed to be celebrated. Our Founding Fathers fiercely encouraged debate. I don't agree with Lautenberg politically but he was chosen by his constituents to represent their political beliefs.

I also disagree with name calling because I don't think that is mature. If you have a point to make it is better received delivered in a civil manner. In my opinion.

Who is John Galt?
I am so excited I figured out how to change my signature.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD
Typos courtesy Apple...

Gerrymandering has been going on for decades in both Democratic and Republican controlled areas nationwide.  This hasn't stopped the opposite party from prevailing in many cases.

Your example of Christie makes my point.  Enough voters that were against the status quo actually turned out and made it happen.  Then they went back to sleep.  Unless you are alleging vote-fixing on an unprecedented scale, it is still up to the people to change things in this state.  I don't see it happening.  Americans nationwide seem less concerned with the erosion of their rights.  Want to change the state?  Change the minds of the people.

Christie's election supports the fact that in order for a GOP or any Democrat opposition to win, they need overwhelming turnout and votes to do it.  Corzine was on the ropes in 2009 because of his idiocy, and still did well in the polls up until the end when the wheels fell off for him.  If he even ran a half-decent campaign, he would've been losing billions of NJ Taxpayer money instead of losing billions for MF Global...

Change is tough when your base of support is diluted.  This is why gerrymandering is so insidious to the democratic process.  I would wager NJ has a great deal of gun owners across the state, but because they're diluted over many districts, their voting parity is simply too reduced to make a difference.

This is why I hate the current districting system in NJ.  I would do it by county only.  Give each county 2 senators, and apportion representatives by population.  Right now we have 40 legislative districts which cross county lines and get 1 senator and 2 representatives each.  I would rather have 42 Senators (2 per each county) and 1-to-whatever representatives based on population.

Anyways, no chance in hell of that happening. 

I don't understand this machine theory. It made sense in the days of immigrant ghettos, when ward bosses could deliver whole blocks of votes in exchange for kickbaks, but how does it work today? I've never met any power broker who could influence how I vote, and I would imagine it's the same for the vast majority of us. Maybe union members are told by their higher ups who to vote for, but what real effect does that have? If my boss told me to vote for someone, I might vote for the opponent just to spite him.

Sadly, I think most Jerseyans are Dems who just reflexively vote Dem without thinking.

Its actually quite complex, and a combination of the local media, the unions, and yes: ward bosses.

A lot of the local media, the Star Ledger being the best example, are decidedly left leaning.  The local NYC and Philly media also lean left, so only one message tends to get out to the people.  There is very little competition here, and the lack of local television coverage until recently (News12) meant you had little NJ-relevant news.

The unions are also critical to supporting the status quo.  Teachers unions are the worst, not only due to the financial obligations afforded to them, but the impact they have on young minds.  These people start filling your kids heads with bullshit at a young age.  They toe the party line and aren't ashamed of it.  Police unions are... a double edged sword.  They usually whore out for whoever is giving them the most money and bennies.  Typically Democrats.  Unions in general can get a lot of support via kickbacks by forcing certain labor to be union only, or even getting "prevailing" wage (whatever that garbage is).  Then they get paid back with cushy projects that we don't need just to keep them employed.  

Ward bosses still do exist, primarily in the inner cities and certain ethnic communities.  This is incredibly true with black voters who are typically very low information voters (but no exception to the overall rule).  They typically fear loss of benefits, and only vote Democrat.  But they are also easily mobilized and guaranteed votes.  Give them a bus and a hot meal, and you just won an entire district.  This, coupled with gerrymandering creates a vicious cycle which allows them to maintain a great deal of control.

Like national presidential elections, the NJ district system is mathematically designed to be pro-Democrat.  There is literally no possible way for the GOP to ever take a majority in the assembly or senate.  NONE!  Not unless there is a huge demographic shift which sees certain areas losing voters.

I don't get how people celebrate a persons death we live in America where opposing viewpoints are supposed to be celebrated. Our Founding Fathers fiercely encouraged debate. I don't agree with Lautenberg politically but he was chosen by his constituents to represent their political beliefs.

I also disagree with name calling because I don't think that is mature. If you have a point to make it is better received delivered in a civil manner. In my opinion.

Who is John Galt?

I am so excited I figured out how to change my signature.

+1

This thread is a perfect example of how immature some of our members are......

+1

Its ok.  It is moments like this that brings out the worst in people.

Have some respect.  Unless you are going to be speaking and making those remarks at the funeral, you should not be making comments here.  He is not even buried, and people are dancing on the death of an American Citizen.

As much as I disagree with his politics, he is responsible for me being here, as he worked with JFS (Jewish Family Services), and helped my family imgrate to the United States.  If it was not for him, there would not be a forum for you guys here today.

No one is saying that you have to feel for a terrible loss, but doing the happy dance, shows the lack of moral character.

To some degree, this is great because 4 people have been given the permanent boot, the same 4 people who were given plenty of verbal warnings before, for things like abuse, personal threats, insults, cop bashing, etc.  It seems that is how they still felt.

All anyone has to do is take a screen capture of some of the comments here, and they have all the evidence they need to paint gun owners are rude rednecks who are happy an American died.

You may not respect the person, but I ask you to respect me, the staff and the rules of the forum.  

I don't understand this machine theory. It made sense in the days of immigrant ghettos, when ward bosses could deliver whole blocks of votes in exchange for kickbaks, but how does it work today? I've never met any power broker who could influence how I vote, and I would imagine it's the same for the vast majority of us. Maybe union members are told by their higher ups who to vote for, but what real effect does that have? If my boss told me to vote for someone, I might vote for the opponent just to spite him.

Sadly, I think most Jerseyans are Dems who just reflexively vote Dem without thinking.

The waste tank (NYC) was full, so it overflowed into NJ.

Condolences to this mans family,

hopefully his replacement will have a little more sense when it comes to out rights.

Now...

Four people got the boot?

God, miss a couple of weeks and look what happens!

Without going into detail, I have my reason for my feelings which I will not go into. Just as Mak has his. But we are all a little immature at times. Goes with being human.

But I WILL be mature enough to apologize for my outburst in this thread... I get into the heat of things just like others do... Sometimes things just blurt. :)

+1

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

He was a senator that many of us didn't agree with politically but he was still a WWII vet and an American with a family. Don't dance on the guys grave, really shows poor character on your part.

Rest In Peace Frank, my thoughts go out to his family.

Couple things:

Didn't agree with all of his politics but still R.I.P

Hopefully we get a replacement a little more 2a friendly

Not to change the subject but WW2 vets are getting few and far between. If you ever get the opportunity to sit and talk with one who is willing to talk to you about that time period I'd highly recommend it. Despite everything I didn't like about him I'm sure he was one tough S.O.B. who probably had some good stories you'd wanna hear over a beer or two

That's my .02

RIP Lautenberg.  As Jerry Seinfeld would say "thats a shame".

If you were familiar with the union busting tactics this "friend of labor and the common man" used to keep the Teamsters out of ADP when he owned/ran the company, you might feel differently.

If you were familiar with the union busting tactics this "friend of labor and the common man" used to keep the Teamsters out of ADP when he owned/ran the company, you might feel differently.

Seinfeld's " that's a shame" was always delivered in a somewhat sarcastic manner

Unions are a corrupt outdated and no longer needed drain on the United States these days, so no I wouldn't feel different.

Left-Turn-Sign-X-W1-1L.gif

Uhh...yeah...and the middle class coincidentally formed out of the benevolence of the wealthy. It's just as coincidentally shrinking with the disappearance of the "outdated and corrupt" unions.

RIP Senator Lautenberg. Thank you for your service...

Let him rot. I'm supposed to feel bad that a dirtbag thats been kicking me in the nuts for 36 years is dead?

Everyones entitled to their opinion, but when your opinion screws with the rights, liberties, and livelyhood,

Of other your opinion means dick.

Let him rot. I'm supposed to feel bad that a dirtbag thats been kicking me in the nuts for 36 years is dead?

Everyones entitled to their opinion, but when your opinion screws with the rights, liberties, and livelyhood,

Pete, no one is asking anyone to shed a tear for the guy.  I am merely saying let's not having a party when merely 12 hours passed by.

Last I checked though, it is that constitution that gave him the rights to do that.  We may not agree with him at all... but he is still a veteran and an American Citizen who employed thousands!  Give his family some respect. 

Give his family some respect. 

Respect has to be earned.  This man earned my disrespect.  I will not dance on his grave nor celebrate his death.  By the same token, I am not sorry that he will no longer be 50% of my representation in the Senate.

Respect has to be earned.  This man earned my disrespect.  I will not dance on his grave nor celebrate his death.  By the same token, I am not sorry that he will no longer be 50% of my representation in the Senate.

And that is A OK! =)  

He was a senator that many of us didn't agree with politically but he was still a WWII vet and an American with a family. Don't dance on the guys grave, really shows poor character on your part.

Rest In Peace Frank, my thoughts go out to his family.

Couple things:

Didn't agree with all of his politics but still R.I.P

Hopefully we get a replacement a little more 2a friendly

Not to change the subject but WW2 vets are getting few and far between. If you ever get the opportunity to sit and talk with one who is willing to talk to you about that time period I'd highly recommend it. Despite everything I didn't like about him I'm sure he was one tough S.O.B. who probably had some good stories you'd wanna hear over a beer or two

That's my .02

Well said gentlemen.  I would agree with both of you.

+1

Pete, no one is asking anyone to shed a tear for the guy.  I am merely saying let's not having a party when merely 12 hours passed by.

Last I checked though, it is that constitution that gave him the rights to do that.  We may not agree with him at all... but he is still a veteran and an American Citizen who employed thousands!  Give his family some respect. 

He didn't respect the constitution, his oath to it, or any of his constituents.  His legacy is a stain on NJ history that won't wash out for years and years to come.  Generations have been affected by his anti-freedom, and anti-American policies.  The only respect he earned when he served as a young man, he nullyfied tenfold with his "service" for the remainder of his life.  RIH Lautenberg.

He is a success story for sure, he fought for our country in ww2 which i have a great respect for.

It is most unfortunate that he fought for our country to protect us and abroad and and to protect the constitution of the united states but as a senator wanted to destroy part of that same constitution..

Will i dance on his grave No, he should be honored for his service to this country as a vet and a senator..

As a gun owner will do the happy dance.. 

In my opinion it's a shame Lautenberg didn't have the honor of sacrificing his life for his country in the war. Then he could have died with the respect of real Americans, who are NOT the people who voted him into office. He was the personal embodiment of all that is wrong in politics. A crusader fighting to abolish freedom. His voice will not be missed by me or any other Patriot. That is a eulogy he worked hard to deserve.

A true leader with respect for freedoms and human dignity would never treat good portion of their population as criminals.

But thats exactly what some of the elected politicians continue to do throughout their political careers.  Enough said.

At the end of the day, may all souls R.I.P.