Blake

Any car sales guys/managers on here?

I am looking at purchasing a new (to me) car but would like to know what a fair offer is before starting the negotiations.  I thought if any of you work at a dealership and could look up the current market wholesale that would be great.  

Or better yet if you work at a Mini dealership and had what I am looking for in stock (doubt it I checked everywhere) then I could buy it from you!

The loaded mini's are somewhat rare as most people don't want to pay for all the options, which is making it a little difficult to find good comps.  

Details on the car:

2012 Mini Cooper

14k miles

6spd manual

color is highclass grey metallic

car has every option:

punched leather seats

heated seats

dual pane sunroof

navigation w/ parking assist camera

xenon headlights

harmon kardon sound system

mini wired tech package

if you are looking it up by package the packages it has are:

premium I

premium II

cold weather

wired and tech

technology package

If anyone can get me info on what the dealership would value it at coming in I would be happy to return the favor by giving you a box or 2 of ammo :)

Obviously I have already looked up the edmunds, kbb, nada etc values.  

Thanks in advance for any help!

You can go to Kelly Blue Book and get a rough idea of what the car is worth. As an aside, I have been working on all makes and models of cars for almost 50 years and taught Automotive mechanics for 28 years and the Mini is one of the hardest cars I have ever had to service/repair.

I have the kbb, nada, and edmunds values already.  I have a rough estimate, was looking more for what the dealership most likely has into it so I can use that to negotiate.  

It will have the cpo warranty to 2018 or 100k miles, so any major mechanical repairs would be covered under warranty.  Car will be sold before the warranty expires.  

www.galves.com.

Galves is the place most car dealers go to for their real value.  Its been around a long time and now private parties can use it too.  Of course there is a cost but you can get a short term deal and you might be surprised by what you find.

Good luck.

Galves is the way to go for your trade. It changes weekly after the auctions.

For the new car price, are you a AAA member? If so log in and pick car buying. MIT will give a price (which I have always beat). But it gives you a lot of great info....dealer price....average price in your market....average national price, etc..

www.galves.com.

Galves is the place most car dealers go to for their real value. Its been around a long time and now private parties can use it too. Of course there is a cost but you can get a short term deal and you might be surprised by what you find.

Good luck.

^^^^^^^^what he said!^^^^^^^^

I haven't bought or traded a car without this for years!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD