Shawnmoore81

3 pullovers in a row

Within a half mile on 295 I saw 2 white box trucks and I white truck with a trailer pulled over on 295. All by njsp suv's. all different companies. Anything going on in nj right now? I know it's click it or ticket but it seemed odd.

It's probably the NJSP mobile inspection team or whatever they call it.  They regularly post up near the local landfill here and stop some of the trucks coming out to inspect the trucks for emissions equipment, fuel(not running off-road diesel), safety equipment etc. 

Commercial vehicle inspection unit.. Nothing unusual..

^^^THIS^^^^^

If they're not running the scales, they go out and stop commercial vehicles to do safety inspections. They often work together in the same area on a particular day, the next day it will be somewhere else.

So that's where they are!  If its a white high-cube van, it's the state truck inspection folks. 

A couple months ago they spent a week or three on Route 73 just west of Route 30.

I know many drivers avoid them like the plague; not because they're illegal, but because they dont want to sit thru the 30-45 minute inspection.

Try driving a truck through Ohio, especially with hazmat, specifically explosives.  It will make NJ seem like a cake walk.

HAHA!!  I could not agree more.  What sucks the most about Ohio is they will NEVER let you go without finding some offense that carries a fine.

Ken

No they were like white suburbans or some similar Chevy SUV

NJSP Motor Carrier enforcement, they always drive SUV's - the step van is the smoke testing unit, they only use that at rest stops, scales and other areas  where they can pull trucks off the road.