Old Dog

USA Today goes to Camden, NJ to see if gun control works

In the latest news of the obvious, USA Today went to Camden, New Jersey (skyline at right), to see how successfully that state's uber-restrictive gun laws have cut off the flow of firearms to bad guys. They haven't, it turns out.

I did not see any posts about this so I figured since it is in NJ I would post a link for those interested. Read it here.

the unfortunate result will be a call for even more strict/stupid gun laws. a total ban since "sensible gun restrictions" didnt work......

pushing for more laws to stop criminals from doing bad things while violating all the current ones is the most assanine course of action ...it seems more likely setting up to fail as part of a bigger plan.....if they truely believed that crap they wouldnt be able to dress themselves or find their way to work...theyd be in diapers and drooling on themselves..lol.just saying

The original article: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/06/04/new-jersey-gun-laws-dont-curb-violence-in-camden/2113737/

It is against this backdrop that dozens of residents, city officials and other lawmakers in Camden shared their modest goal: prevent another record-breaking, crime-ridden year. Almost to a person, the focus was not on gun laws but on long-standing issues that fed Baker's struggles: a failing education system, a dearth of jobs and a street culture that rewards and even encourages criminal behavior.

Still.. A lot of the article blames illegal guns from PA.

"I wanted to shoot people because that's what I saw growing up," said Baker, 20, a Camden native who spent four years in jail after being involved in several shootings.

Well that there is your problem. Revolving door justice system.

"I wanted to shoot people because that's what I saw growing up," said Baker, 20, a Camden native who spent four years in jail after being involved in several shootings.

And some poor sap who stops to sleep with his legal guns gets three years. Fair and Balanced my ass.

What gets me the most is the sheer amount of time and effort put into gun control to reduce about 11,000 deaths a year when alcohol, cars and medical mistakes kill a heck of a lot more people and yet you rarely see much being done about that. It really is about not wanting others to have more power than you have. It is never about saving lives.

To show that Camden is a crap hole?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

To show that the toughest gun laws in the country aren't doing shit to solve the violence problem in one of the state's bigger cities. We already know that's the truth but it needs more exposure... So having an article like that in a national paper..even just USA Today is good.

My problem is that despite some good quotes and factual tangents they still point to the "lax" laws in other states as a source of Camden's problems. Like Camden McGangBanger is driving to Cabellas and buying a trunkful of pistols and its all the fault of PA and the National laws.

They Obviosly Dont Know how The Laws Work. If Tyrone Gangbanger Drove To PA And Bought A Bunch of handguns, He Would Still Need Them Shipped To a Nj Ffl For Thr Transfer. He Can Only Get Ogam And Needs Fid And P2p To Get Them. So There Must Be A Bunch Of Straw Purchases Goin On, Which Is The First Crime In The Long List.

The original article: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/06/04/new-jersey-gun-laws-dont-curb-violence-in-camden/2113737/

Still.. A lot of the article blames illegal guns from PA.

It's funny, during the hearings, more than once I heard someone mention that the large majority of guns come from out of state in the same breath as pushing for more restrictive NJ laws. Something about this topic makes people just turn off the logic centers in their brains.

This is clearly to get support for federal gun laws that had not been passed earlier this year.

Sidenote;

Just Tuesday the friend of mine posted about Virginia allowing people to carry concealed at public swimming pools. He for some reason thought this was going to be legal in New Jersey. A lot of people really do not understand states laws

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is clearly to get support for federal gun laws that had not been passed earlier this year.

Sidenote;

Just Tuesday the friend of mine posted about Virginia allowing people to carry concealed at public swimming pools. He for some reason thought this was going to be legal in New Jersey. A lot of people really do not understand states laws

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see a market opening up for a Speedo holster.

They Obviosly Dont Know how The Laws Work. If Tyrone Gangbanger Drove To PA And Bought A Bunch of handguns, He Would Still Need Them Shipped To a Nj Ffl For Thr Transfer. He Can Only Get Ogam And Needs Fid And P2p To Get Them. So There Must Be A Bunch Of Straw Purchases Goin On, Which Is The First Crime In The Long List.

You did that on purpose to annoy me didn't you :(

It's funny, during the hearings, more than once I heard someone mention that the large majority of guns come from out of state in the same breath as pushing for more restrictive NJ laws. Something about this topic makes people just turn off the logic centers in their brains.

If the majority of guns come from out of state, why isn't the crime rate in those out of state places sky high?