gfl216

What's your favorite gun that you own?

I was thinking today about my favorite gun that I own and thought it would be cool to hear the story of other guys favorite gun. So here's mine. She's not the prettiest girl at the dance and if I knew I was going to a gun fight I would probably leave her in the safe but, She's #1 in my heart. It's my S&W Model 10 38 special. This gun was my fathers gun and he carried it every day of his 35 year career as a Jersey City Police Officer. If this gun could talk I could only imagine the stories it could tell. The gun was fired in the line of duty on more than one occasion and always brought dad home safe. Dad is gone now but when I take the model10 to the range it's almost like shooting with him one more time.

That's my story about my favorite gun. Let's hear about your favorite gun and why.

M1 Carbine, ERR I mean Garand! My Father carried one in the Aleutions, Uncle carried one on D-Day plus 4 then thru France, He was with Patton.

GLOCK 22...was bought when I started my career and it holds sentimental value. It was bought in December of 2002 as a Christmas present. Its not pretty or holds a lot of monetary value but it was my first. Its now semi retired and neatly packed away only to be had for special occasions.

I know some will laugh but my Taurus 1911 is my favorite gun. It even beats my new Deagle. The 1911 was my first gun and after about 1400 rounds I finally had my first failure to eject and it was the Ammo's fault.

Who cares if anyone will laugh, this thread is about your favorite and why. F what anybody else thinks!

I know some will laugh but my Taurus 1911 is my favorite gun. It even beats my new Deagle. The 1911 was my first gun and after about 1400 rounds I finally had my first failure to eject and it was the Ammo's fault.

I'd laugh more if you said the DE lol

I was thinking today about my favorite gun that I own and thought it would be cool to hear the story of other guys favorite gun. So here's mine. She's not the prettiest girl at the dance and if I knew I was going to a gun fight I would probably leave her in the safe but, She's #1 in my heart. It's my S&W Model 10 38 special. This gun was my fathers gun and he carried it every day of his 35 year career as a Jersey City Police Officer. If this gun could talk I could only imagine the stories it could tell. The gun was fired in the line of duty on more than one occasion and always brought dad home safe. Dad is gone now but when I take the model10 to the range it's almost like shooting with him one more time.

That's my story about my favorite gun. Let's hear about your favorite gun and why.

That's a pretty cool heirloom. You are lucky to have it.

I have a friend that tracked down his fathers revolver from when he was an Cop and was able to buy it back. Very cool!

I have an AR that I like to shoot more often than the others and a tricked out G35 that I grab more often then the others, but I don't really have a "favorite" gun.

I have an MP5 that is issued to me and is probably the most fun gun I have to shoot, but that will never be "mine". A few folks here have shot it too.

I have mostly Glocks (5) and ARs (4). They are simple tools. They have no character or anything to make them stand out. Although I do have a US Rifle Cal. .30 M1 that is pretty cool, it isn't my favorite.

I wasn't able to buy my first issued sidearm (a S&W 4013 TSW, although I hated that gun it would be cool to have still) when we traded them in and transitioned to Glocks and I sold the first gun I ever bought for myself to one of my partners (HK P2000 LEM - it was too different than my issued gun and like to keep things simple).

I need to get something with a "soul" that I can hand down to my son one day.

I am a proud .22 fanatic.

My favorite rifle is my Marlin 795. I put it in a walnut stock, it wears tech sights and has the DIP trigger kit. Very light and accurate.

My favorite handgun is my Browning Buckmark.

I wish I could afford an AR and a steady diet of centerfire ammo.

My favorite is a Model 1917 Enfield, built in Eddystone PA. I got it cheap as a really beat up gun and sent it to Mil-Tech Arms who tore it down and rebuilt it with a Match Barrel and a hand finished stock. 30-06. This gun is much more accurate then I am, with a slip on recoil pad it is easy on the shoulder.

I was competing with my brother; him using my scoped 10/22 and me using the M1917, and I won. We were shooting the "Sink a Ship" targets (like battleship). 100 yards.

Not me. I was thinking the same when I saw the title of thread.

Love my Taurus 1911 .45. She has never let me down.

My first, second, third......and so on are LONG gone. I never had any sentimental value attached to any of my firearms. It's just a silly emotion that is wasted on an inanimate object......Then my father gave me his first rifle. It is definitely not a museum piece or worth a lot (maybe $100), but I wouldn't give it up for anything. It's a JC Higgins model 42 (.22 S,L,LR). My father and Uncle saved up some Birthday Money and headed down to the local Sears and Roebuck and walked out with this. I am very lucky as my Parents are still alive, but there is connection  that I now hove to this Rifle that I cannot explain.

post-4649-0-66894100-1370715945_thumb.jpg