gfl216

What's your favorite gun that you own?

There was an old man that lived down the road from us when I grew up. I enlisted in the military on the day after 9-11 and when i got back from MEPS he came over for a visit. He said there are 2 rifles in the trunk of my car that i brought home from Bastogne, will you clean them for me? So I open the trunk of his car to see 2 k98`s in the original box he shipped them home in, the box was labeled pool ques. He handed me one of them and said "I have wanted to give these to you for a while, but wasnt sure if you would understand. You joined the military in a time of war and now you are a man in my eyes..... you`re ready for them now. Please take good care of them for me." He then got in his car and drove away. Phil unfortunately passed away a few months ago and I will cherish the rifles for the rest of my life.

There was an old man that lived down the road from us when I grew up. I enlisted in the military on the day after 9-11 and when i got back from MEPS he came over for a visit. He said there are 2 rifles in the trunk of my car that i brought home from Bastogne, will you clean them for me? So I open the trunk of his car to see 2 k98`s in the original box he shipped them home in, the box was labeled pool ques. He handed me one of them and said "I have wanted to give these to you for a while, but wasnt sure if you would understand. You joined the military in a time of war and you are a man in my eyes..... you`re ready for them now. Please take good care of them for me." He then got in his car and drove away. Phil unfortunately passed away a few months ago and I will cherish the rifles for the rest of my life.

I hope your telling your Grandkids that story one day. That's awesome

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

There was an old man that lived down the road from us when I grew up. I enlisted in the military on the day after 9-11 and when i got back from MEPS he came over for a visit. He said there are 2 rifles in the trunk of my car that i brought home from Bastogne, will you clean them for me? So I open the trunk of his car to see 2 k98`s in the original box he shipped them home in, the box was labeled pool ques. He handed me one of them and said "I have wanted to give these to you for a while, but wasnt sure if you would understand. You joined the military in a time of war and now you are a man in my eyes..... you`re ready for them now. Please take good care of them for me." He then got in his car and drove away. Phil unfortunately passed away a few months ago and I will cherish the rifles for the rest of my life.

^ This is great

1. Thanks for your service

2. Glad you made it back

3. Hope you find someone as worthy to pass them on too.

My sentimental gun is my .22 rifle given to me by my Grandfather. It is a Ted Williams Sears Model 34 made by High Standard Manufacturing Corp. I believe it is a 1967 model. It has the original sling and scope also. Shoots great too after all these years; great plinker.

Nice Eric.

I'd love to say I could pick one, but I really can't.  My P226 9mm is a plain, "basic" model, but it was my first...purchased on May 18, 2011...about 45 minutes after picking up my FID.  There really isn't much 'special' about it...but I really do like it...  However, I do also really like my Benelli Supernova, and my Sig 1911 TTT...

Maybe it's a three-way tie?

This is such a hard topic to answer.  So I will give the in depth thoughtful and articulate answers I know everyone loves.

On one hand I'd most likely KEEP the longest / get rid of the last my Glock 23.  It was my first purchase, it was extremely signifcantly to me because of my father's history of Glock and procuring for his police department ( which was one of the first in NJ and the first in the geographical area) and he was the guy the Chief assigned to go through the testing/research process and make decisions on the final choice(s) etc.  We always have been a GLock family and buying a Glock 23 like my father carried (most of the latter part of his career) was very special to me.  As a binary and tertiary benefits, it's a great gun and extremely reliable and - having a handgun of this size, this caliber , and this brand/design etc. is almost the perfect choice for having only one handgun or one firearm.  So I'd keep it.

The rest of my stuff, I could make an argument on each one I feel like.  I love everything I've got and I hate the two or three I have sold. I didn't sell them because I wanted to, each of the (three?) things I sold were basically mini-emergencies.

My Mossberg 930 SPX is extremely special to me.  I was basically the first one to get one and for a while was the only one, because I was "extremely lucky" to be sold one [long story that has been told before etc].  There was a lot of compliments, envy, offers, etc. back in early 2010 for a good year or two.  And it happens to be an AWESOME firearm... Feels and points about better than anything, DEAD NUTS RELIABLE , never one single malfunction or problem, accurate and fun and easy to shoot.  So I'd never want to get rid of it lest it was extremely extremely NECESSARY....

My 15-22 is my 'favorite' firearm in that it gets about the most attention for me...I spent a LOT of time and effort [and money] on it, it was the first firearm I put effort into accessorizing and modifying and it paid off.  And it fits me PERFECTLY, Feels so perfect in my arms and slung on me, shoots like a dream, never a problem, as above, would NEVER get rid unless it was an absolute financial emergency.

The rest of my things I could make similar arguments... My Savage Mark II is extremely classy-beautiful and so awesome for so little money... my 597 was my Phoenix Program project, was absolutely disappointing and borderline broke/non-functioning until I spent some time and effort gving it TLC.... Now it's a dream and a trusted SHTF survival & preparedness implement and battle tool if necessary. 

Then I could just keep going ... pretty much each thing I own I could do this for.  And that is not even including my old man's stuff that I love, the ones I grew up on, and the relics from my grand-and-great-grandfather, or my father's early career stuff, which are priceless family relics to me..  Hard to quantify or classify them. 

I'd say my Glock would be the last thing I parted with if I was forced to answer the question, mostly for practical reasons, but

My favorite gun isn't even mine. 

My grandfather bought a Series '70 Colt 1911 in .45 new in the box. Manufactured in 1978. My grandfather was apparently a big benchrest type shooter, and regularly bought/sold stuff looking for the most accurate guns available. His 'thing' was smallbore competition benchrest shooting, and I mean to take his Anchuntz out one day. He upgraded the 1911 a bit and it certainly shoots better than I do. Looks pretty cool with blued frame/slide and nickel trigger/safety/magcatch. It's my dads gun now.