Sign in to follow this  
Joe Danger

AK recoil buffer

So I haven't really seen anyone talking about this. I installed a recoil buffet on y AK. Haven't shot it with it in yet. Has anyone used them? For four bucks it seemed like it was worth a shot.(pun intended)

I thought about but just haven't got around to it yet, I'd like to throw one in my S308

Adding something that's not really beneficial just adds to possibly more problems in the future.

That might fly for the AR but I think it will take a little than a buffer to stop the AK and clones, take a look at this vid

Russians put a leather flap buffer in the even cheaper PPSH41, but not the AK. This shows that if it was needed, it would likely be there. It reduces the bolt over travel and bounces it forward faster than designed. On FA guns the cyclic rate is noticeably increased.

You can't outsmart Kalashnikov, especially not with the bare basics

Its not such a problem anymore as most AKs are built from commercially made receivers, but in the old days, when people in other states would make their own AK receiver, they would sometime cut the slot on the top rails of the receiver too long, which would cause the bolt carrier to jump off the tracks. A buffer would solve that problem, as it wouldnt let the bolt carrier go back too far and would prevent it from jumping/jamming.

Its not such a problem anymore as most AKs are built from commercially made receivers, but in the old days, when people in other states would make their own AK receiver, they would sometime cut the slot on the top rails of the receiver too long, which would cause the bolt carrier to jump off the tracks. A buffer would solve that problem, as it wouldnt let the bolt carrier go back too far and would prevent it from jumping/jamming.

Makes sense