2ANJ

Stupidity...in Jackson NJ

Sure they can.... just as easy as looking up a DL/SOC/SBI/FBI #

Hmmm.. Thought that wasn't the case. Might you have or know of first hand info? I'll ask the LEO i come in contact with.

Also, I'm talking about a LEO doing a traffic stop.

Also.......... Will the record that's returned show the issuance of a FPID?

All of these legal questions belong in "Current Laws" category, lol!

NO NJFPID is required to possess long guns during a legal activity.  And yes w/ NJFPID you can drive with them 24/7/365 so long as you avoid schools and military bases.  Once it has been determined that the slightest crime has been committed, in this case the needles possession, then the "house of cards" that is NJ gun law collapses.

This entire case will be determined by the NUANCE of establishing proper probable cause.  Seeing rifle rounds laying on the floor of a vehicle upon shining a flashlight in and of itself isn't probable cause.  Seeing illegal paraphernalia (needles) is.

How is it that some folks here still don't know what the correct interpretation of the gun law is?

All guns in NJ are illegal.

So just try to remember the EXEMPTIONS and stop confusing yourselves.

If our 26 year old in the story "owned or possessed the land" he was parked on (in the woods for example) none of the gun possession would come into play ('cept maybe for the folding stock?).

The totality of the circumstances will cause a plea situation since something will stick.  Once the arrest was made, the search was probably legal.  This case is like a jenga puzzle.  Pull the right coupla of pieces apart and the rest falls apart as well.  I've seen it all before.

Or at least be able to rattle off your SBI number to the inquiring officer.

Everyone DOES know their own SBI number, RIGHT???

I think being able to rattle-off your SBI number is a sign of being a little TOO into shooting....

Or at least be able to rattle off your SBI number to the inquiring officer.

Everyone DOES know their own SBI number, RIGHT???

Knowing your SBI makes you sound like an ex inmate considering that's what is used in prison.

I think being able to rattle-off your SBI number is a sign of being a little TOO into shooting....

I don't know my SBI # but I do have my drivers license # memorized.

Twice when I was stopped and had forgotten my DL this got me out of a ticket.

I may have had the same thing happen a long time ago. Not sure he was going to write the ticket, but i left my wallet home.

DL has a pattern. At least it used to. Made it a little easier to remember. Just wasn't sure if the center group of 5 digits had any significance. The rest did though.

Had to look it up.

1st letter of last name.

4 digits encoded from next 4 letters of last name.

3 digits encoded from 1st 3 letters of first name

2 digits representing middle initial starting with 61 for A

MMYY of b date with MM encoded for gender

1 digit code for eye color.

I'm not sure what the do if there are two John J. Smiths with green eyes born in the same month of 1965. I think the last name encoding changes.

TMI.....

I don't know my SBI # but I do have my drivers license # memorized.

Twice when I was stopped and had forgotten my DL this got me out of a ticket.

You can remember a multiple digit number but you cant remember to grab your wallet before driving?

What does that mean?

How can anybody be "too into shooting"?

People like this is the reason why NJ has so many "reasonable" gun laws 

You can remember a multiple digit number but you cant remember to grab your wallet before driving?

What does that mean?

How can anybody be "too into shooting"?

People like this is the reason why NJ has so many "reasonable" gun laws 

Multiple cars. Thought it was in the one I was driving.

I may have had the same thing happen a long time ago. Not sure he was going to write the ticket, but i left my wallet home.

DL has a pattern. At least it used to. Made it a little easier to remember. Just wasn't sure if the center group of 5 digits had any significance. The rest did though.

Had to look it up.

1st letter of last name.

4 digits encoded from next 4 letters of last name.

3 digits encoded from 1st 3 letters of first name

2 digits representing middle initial starting with 61 for A

MMYY of b date with MM encoded for gender

1 digit code for eye color.

I'm not sure what the do if there are two John J. Smiths with green eyes born in the same month of 1965. I think the last name encoding changes.

TMI.....

i got my license in 1980. the last name thing doesn't jive with numeric digits lining up to my last nameletters.

however, the last 5 digit group has by birth date month/year with an extra digit on the end.

SSN is attached to your DL record, which can be ran from patrol car computer. No way to check or validate an SBI in a patrol car computer, unless maybe its in the town you live in, and SBI is attached to any of the department's name records.

Dispatchers can check for SBI number in NCIC

Correct except for SSN. They can only get that if attached to some other record.

Sure they can.... just as easy as looking up a DL/SOC/SBI/FBI #

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

We have to keep these "Varmint-Killer Bullets" off the streets ...

That was from so long ago that I forgot I had posted it.

But it cracks me up sometimes that when I'm coming back from Cherry Ridge and I want to stop off for coffee, I'm OK with rifles and shotguns in my car, I'm OK with buckshot, slugs, .223, and 7.39 ammo. But if I have a few leftover rounds of Federal Bulk Pack

.22 lr with teeny, tiny dimples in them, I can get jacked up. I'll generally just put some in a ziplock bag, and be sure to shoot them all before I leave. What a sorry state we live in (pun intended)!