j0hnnyv

Shore shot in Lakewood

Drove 65miles north Sunday to check these place out. They were busy and I waited 20 minutes to shoot but it was worth it. $22 for an hour and a pack of targets and I could use my own ammo. Shot 200 rounds through my glock and left happy. Staff was friendly. Asked me to switch lanes so an AR15 could have the wall, no problem. Also 12guages being shot in there. If it wasn't so far from my in south jersey (ocean city) area I would have joined on the spot.

They have taken some criticism lately. I can only speak from my experience so far they have been friendly and couteous. The range master was very knowledgeable and friendly. I have bought two guns off them recently. Still waiting for my NICS check (Day 22). Talked to them today and they are looking into it with the NJSP.

Drove 65miles north Sunday to check these place out. They were busy and I waited 20 minutes to shoot but it was worth it. $22 for an hour and a pack of targets and I could use my own ammo. Shot 200 rounds through my glock and left happy. Staff was friendly. Asked me to switch lanes so an AR15 could have the wall, no problem. Also 12guages being shot in there. If it wasn't so far from my in south jersey (ocean city) area I would have joined on the spot.

I have shot at shore shot a few times and had only good experiences there. The only downside is it does get crowded. Less than a mile away is Brick Armory which is usually empty in the morning hours. They do charge $5 more per hour but the last few times I went they did not charge me for targets do it is almost a wash.

Shooters range and pro shop in Little Egg Harbor is supposedly opening next month. Owners said it is state of the art equipment. The place is huge and is right off exit 58 parkway. Only downside is that you have to buy ammo from them because of their insurance. It is rumored that this is only temporary and may change a few months after opening. They definitely have the best deal for membership around. Pre opening is $200 per year and is a family membership which includes spouse and kids. Once they open it goes to $225 which is still a good deal. Their ammo prices are decent and they offer 10% off to members for ammo and supplies. I believe it is 15 lanes up to 25 yards and they have archery as well.

I signed up months ago and I am waitng for the call for the pre opening tour.

Go to Tip's Hardware website for more info.

I have shot at shore shot a few times and had only good experiences there. The only downside is it does get crowded. Less than a mile away is Brick Armory which is usually empty in the morning hours. They do charge $5 more per hour but the last few times I went they did not charge me for targets do it is almost a wash.

Shooters range and pro shop in Little Egg Harbor is supposedly opening next month. Owners said it is state of the art equipment. The place is huge and is right off exit 58 parkway. Only downside is that you have to buy ammo from them because of their insurance. It is rumored that this is only temporary and may change a few months after opening. They definitely have the best deal for membership around. Pre opening is $200 per year and is a family membership which includes spouse and kids. Once they open it goes to $225 which is still a good deal. Their ammo prices are decent and they offer 10% off to members for ammo and supplies. I believe it is 15 lanes up to 25 yards and they have archery as well.

I signed up months ago and I am waitng for the call for the pre opening tour.

Go to Tip's Hardware website for more info.

They told me2 days ago via email the opening is another 8-10 weeks out. I will be checking it out when they open. Bummer about having to buy their ammo.

They have taken some criticism lately. I can only speak from my experience so far they have been friendly and couteous. The range master was very knowledgeable and friendly. I have bought two guns off them recently. Still waiting for my NICS check (Day 22). Talked to them today and they are looking into it with the NJSP.

I have had a couple less than great experiences there but recently did a transfer through them (seller was a member and insisted we transfer it through them and not ftf) and they were friendly this time around. My NICS was submitted 6/3 and it came back today 6/11 (7 business days).  I didn't pick it up yet but so far no complaints about this transaction with them.  

They told me2 days ago via email the opening is another 8-10 weeks out. I will be checking it out when they open. Bummer about having to buy their ammo.

Well that sucks. I picked up two guns there two weeks ago and they told me hoping for the middle to end of July opening. Well this project has been going for almost 2 years so another 2 months should go fast.

Anyway I have a ton of ammo to shoot up before they open. Lol

I went to Shore Shot for the first time last week. My original plans got cancelled and I had nothing else to do at 8 on Saturday night so I drove down (45 minutes). The staff were friendly, price is fair ($20/hr +$2 for targets). Range was well lit, A/C'd, distances well marked, stapler for hanging targets at each port and RO was on top of some fools rapid firing. 
Overall good experience (except my shooting sucked, but that's another story). 

Shore Shot has suffered some missteps in the past but remains clean,safe,convenient,increasingly friendly and customer oriented with many upgrades in store and shop.

I have always felt welcomed and appreciated there and have now introduced 6 novices to the shooting sports on their lanes.

Have you done any searches for closer ranges?  If you shoot shotgun they let you shoot buckshot and slugs, no birdshot or target.  If you shoot rifle they will only allow you to shoot less than .30 cal and .223 has to be frangible.  So while its ok for a pistol range, it leaves a lot to be desired otherwise.  Also their ventilation is a bit lacking IMO.

Have you done any searches for closer ranges?  If you shoot shotgun they let you shoot buckshot and slugs, no birdshot or target.  If you shoot rifle they will only allow you to shoot less than .30 cal and .223 has to be frangible.  So while its ok for a pistol range, it leaves a lot to be desired otherwise.  Also their ventilation is a bit lacking IMO.

When was the last time you shot there? I ask because they completely redid the ventilation system,AC and sound suppression late last year.A noticeable improvement.

ve

I went there again today to shoot. Got right on the range and no issues at all. Shame I'm 65 miles away or I'd definitely become a member.

Where are you located? for the cost of the membership there and the cost to drive back of forth not to mention the time it take to get there and back, you might be better off finding a club.

I was a  member of SS a few years ago, I was only 45-60 minutes away, and I found out about OBRPC that was about 15 minutes from my house. I went a lot more often, I am a lot less restricted, I have an outdoor range, met a lot of great people and even have a 24/7 indoor range so even odd hours works can find some time to get out and shoot.

Also the initial cost might be a little higher than SS, but shooting time, ease of use, travel time, freedom and many other things were a huge plus and actually in the long run, it's cheaper for me over time with the number of time I can get out and shoot when you take travel and cost of that into account.

OBRPC might be closer to you or even one of the other clubs.

Where are you located? for the cost of the membership there and the cost to drive back of forth not to mention the time it take to get there and back, you might be better off finding a club.

I was a member of SS a few years ago, I was only 45-60 minutes away, and I found out about OBRPC that was about 15 minutes from my house. I went a lot more often, I am a lot less restricted, I have an outdoor range, met a lot of great people and even have a 24/7 indoor range so even odd hours works can find some time to get out and shoot.

Also the initial cost might be a little higher than SS, but shooting time, ease of use, travel time, freedom and many other things were a huge plus and actually in the long run, it's cheaper for me over time with the number of time I can get out and shoot when you take travel and cost of that into account.

OBRPC might be closer to you or even one of the other clubs.

I'm right off parkway exit 25 by ocean city. Going to probably join at shooters at tips hardware mile 58 when that opens in August.

The ventilation is fine to me at shore shot. The AC was cold today as well.

Ok, way down south. Closer is better, clubs are privet ranges are really the way to go if you plan on shooting a few times a month or more in my eyes. Not sure if you every tried any of the shooting sports a lot of us shoot, but I'd take a look at a match USPSA or Steel before you make a final decision on where you go, it might change your mind and if you never did it, you're in for a whole new outlook on shooting. :)

I'm right off parkway exit 25 by ocean city. Going to probably join at shooters at tips hardware mile 58 when that opens in August.

The ventilation is fine to me at shore shot. The AC was cold today as well.

Shooters should get most of the southern NJ shore area guns there. The place will be beautiful and is nearly completed. The only downside is that you cannot use your own ammo and must buy from them. Something about their insurance policy. Rumored that this is only in the beginning. I already paid for the first year but if they gouge for ammo even with the 10% member discount. I won't renew my membership. 

When was the last time you shot there? I ask because they completely redid the ventilation system,AC and sound suppression late last year.A noticeable improvement.

I was there a few times about 4 - 5 months ago, prior to that maybe another 7 - 8 months before that but I did not notice better ventilation and sound supression.  Like I said, its alright for a pistol range and definitely great for new shooters but if you are going often and have rifles there are much more suitable places.

I'm a member. The facility itself is good. Most of the staff is friendly and knowledgeable...especially the older guys. The range masters are alert, experienced, and very helpful. I feel safe and confident on the range. The classes are great (ask for Bob). Membership is cheaper than Brick Armory.

On the downside: The cardboard that you staple the targets to are sometimes so shot up, they're a pain in the ass to use. One or two of the younger guys at the counter need to brush up on their customer service skills and learn how to talk to new shooters and women. Ammo is over-priced even with member discount. I go to GnR.

Just got back from Shore Shot.  My friend and I arrived right after they opened to the public (10am).  Only one other person on the firing range when we got there.....people were waiting for lanes to open when we left and place was packed. 

Staff seemed professional enought for the little inteaction we had with them.  The store itself is on the small side but was clean and well light.  No lounge area to sit or wash hands (u can use the restroom though) or buy a coffee/soda/snack.  Rage was okay.  Looked a little older/grungier than Heritage Guild (which is the only thing I can compare it to).  Venitaltion did seem to be a bit of an issue but that could be because all the ranges were being used at the same time.  I have never been at another range when it was that packed.  There were a few times when I could see a cloud of smoke that lingered for a bit.

There were 2 range officers the entire time.  One on the firing range and another in a glass enclosed booth watching everything.  Booth RO used intercom to ask father and son next to us if they required assistance at one point and RO came out and helped them....he also reminded people to have their eye/ear protection on when they came in and were setting up at their port.

All in all not a bad place at all.  I prefer Heritage Guild in Easton but if I were closer to Shore Shot I wouldn't hesitate to go there.  I also like that they have late hours (10pm).  Only thing that was a litte strange was that they were completely out of 9mm ammo and we couldn't rent any 9mm guns.

I have been shooting at Shore Shot for only a couple of months (just got my FID)...but at least once a week for the most part.  I usually go weekday afternoons so no problem getting a lane.  Everyone is very friendly and pretty casual too.  I have a lot of fun there. :)

Only thing that was a litte strange was that they were completely out of 9mm ammo and we couldn't rent any 9mm guns.

Was there on Saturday afternoon, am part of the reason there was no 9mm ammo for Sunday ( blew thru 2 boxes and took 2 home ) , sorry

Took off today for the Wife's birthday and SS was full by 12:30pm, Lots of family's shooting..My wife seems to be a crack shot with the S&W model 27 and loves the big gun......the CZ? not so much.

The store was doing a brisk business in Glocks and black rifles.

Been a member for a while, shoot there several times a month. Ill agree with Ivana that some of the younger staff needs a course in customer service but all in all I really enjoy shooting there.  I dont go on the weekends and try to go during non peak hours.  Price is well... I pay it so why complain... if you dont like the price then go somewhere else I guess but I like SS.  RO's are always great!  My wife was shooting a .22 revolver for the first time and I was in a seperate lane.  I didn't hear any shots fired (we were only ones there) for a while and I went to check on her but the RO beat me to it.  She had no idea how to clear the brass from the revolver and they gladly helped her and showed her the ins and outs.  Next time I will not believe her when she says she knows what shes doing But it was a great time.  I Havent bought anything from them yet but plan on it. Its close convenient and IMO you get what you pay for and I love what I get!