I buy ammo and accessories from them. Their prices are pretty fair. Pricewise I'd put them a little higher then Arms and Ammo (R.I.P) on guns but a little lower then Bob's. Before CT happen they had a nice accessory rack of Magpul stuff. Now that AnA is closing I could see myself buying a gun there.

The staff there is friendly and it's a great convenience having them if you are a member of SJSC. 

I went there in March for the first time and they had almost no handgun inventory on the shelves and were out of common ammo. Only had .45 target available and it was reserved for range members for $30 a box.  Not one revolver and only two 9mm, both SR9, in the shop and some 1911's a bit overpriced. The woman working there was pleasant but there was one guy who was an ass. Heard him talking down to some new prospective gun owners with wiseass remarks.  I asked him when he had more guns coming in and if he know what models and he answered in full stride walking away from me, "Yes, when we get them you will see the guns on the shelve." Never been back since. I'm sure their business will pick up and will jack prices up because Paul is leaving town. He blew them away in every price category. 

The store is beautiful though and very spacious. May give them another look for fun but highly doubtful I will ever buy from them. 

I went there in March for the first time and they had almost no handgun inventory on the shelves and were out of common ammo. Only had .45 target available and it was reserved for range members for $30 a box.  Not one revolver and only two 9mm, both SR9, in the shop and some 1911's a bit overpriced. The woman working there was pleasant but there was one guy who was an ass. Heard him talking down to some new prospective gun owners with wiseass remarks.  I asked him when he had more guns coming in and if he know what models and he answered in full stride walking away from me, "Yes, when we get them you will see the guns on the shelve." Never been back since. I'm sure their business will pick up and will jack prices up because Paul is leaving town. He blew them away in every price category. 

The store is beautiful though and very spacious. May give them another look for fun but highly doubtful I will ever buy from them. 

They honestly don't know when guns are coming in, I've asked them about that.  It almost seems like they order from a distributor of some sort, because they'll get a shipment of random guns all on one day- not just one specific manufacturer. 

I was in there 3 weeks ago to pick up my M&P Shield 9, and they had the case and gun racks completely stocked with pistols, rifles and shotguns.  Throughout the chaos of the past few months they have consistently had 5.56/223 ammo where not many other shops had it.  The prices went up on the ammo, but that's the same everywhere. 

I have had good luck with Bangers and I do recommend them. Nice staff and fair prices. They were low on stock like everyone else the past couple months, however they have had the shelves fairly well stocked for the past couple weeks. Last week they had 1911s, revolvers, MSRs, and even a couple Barrett 50s in stock. Botton line, Good shop and Good people.

I agree, the women there are helpful and friendly while the guys seem to think their poo dont stink.... I avoid going in now because I am tired of being treated like that.

I bought my glock there. Nice clean shop who's stock has been replenished recently. The ladies r nice and the owner chuck is extremely knowledgable. The other guy there who open carries seems like he's never had a good day in his life. He shouldn't be around customers. Still my goto store.

I bought my glock there. Nice clean shop who's stock has been replenished recently. The ladies r nice and the owner chuck is extremely knowledgable. The other guy there who open carries seems like he's never had a good day in his life. He shouldn't be around customers. Still my goto store.

That's the guy (open carry tough guy) who was a huge wise ass to the customers asking questions. I thought he was the owner because he had such a bad attitude and was  not fired the first day.  He acts like he is above everyone. He left a really bad first impression on my first visit there which made me walked out with a pocketful of cash and spend it at Tip's hardware a week later. 

I saw who you guys are talking about. I have only dealt with Chuck and Amy so far. They have always been helpful to me. Can't speak for the open carry dude. I will try to avoid him when I go in. I have issues with people like that. Thanks for the warning.

Chuck is the owner.  Amy is his fiance.  Open carry guy is Jake, that is Chucks brother. 

Explains why he still has a job. Regardless, I will give this shop another chance if I am in the area. I was more likely to take a road trip when Arms and Ammo was in business and then head over to Banger's right down the street. 

If I boycotted ever shop that had a smart ass guy behind the counter, I would run out of shops to buy a gun in NJ.  :onthequiet:

A guy like that would make me walk right out of the store. I would also be sure to tell them why i am leaving. I hate people like that. Glad i never have that issue where i go

where do you go?

I like Bangers and have bought accessories there but never any firearms because I was a A&A loyal customer, but I guess that might change since Paul is closing. 

I'm surprised to read about people who have issues with Jake.  I've always dealt with him and he is always very nice and knowledgeable to me.  He even let me use the store phone once when I had no cell reception and needed to call my wife.

They honestly don't know when guns are coming in, I've asked them about that.  It almost seems like they order from a distributor of some sort, because they'll get a shipment of random guns all on one day- not just one specific manufacturer. 

I was in there 3 weeks ago to pick up my M&P Shield 9, and they had the case and gun racks completely stocked with pistols, rifles and shotguns.  Throughout the chaos of the past few months they have consistently had 5.56/223 ammo where not many other shops had it.  The prices went up on the ammo, but that's the same everywhere. 

As a rule, Gun Dealers order through wholesale distributors for a large majority of their inventory. And after Newtown (when shit got crazy) the distributors were on BO for almost

everything so a lot of local dealers where out. Many of us had guns "on order" but didn't know when any/all would be released for shipment - hence the "I don't know when they will

be in" replies.

Still doesn't excuse someone for being rude! A customer should be treated like a friend, even if you don't have what they need at that particular time - you still owe them

the respect of a decent explanation. Some people just aren't good with customer relations...........

I bought my first there(Bangers) from Amy and have been back since and talked with Amy again. Very knoweledgable and friendly. Sad to hear AnA is closing but the other guy that works at AnA was a little hard to get info from when my wife bought her first gun(from AnA). Maybe just overworked from the volume of sales which pretty much seems to be the story in most shops I've been in lately.

I just spoke with my cop buddy that I am stationed with and he just told me the price he paid for his off duty carry pistol.  It was abotu $150 cheaper than the exact same one I am looking at... Needless to say once my permits come in, I will be making a trip south!  Partly because of his recomendation but mostly because of the positive feedback from here.  Seems like I just need to work with Amy and ill have a great buying experience.  Thanks for all the input!!  When I do finally end up going ill be sure to mention that NJGF members feedback is the reason I made the trip!

Getting back to guns after not touching them for about 25 years (my kid out of the military got me back into guns, he was pretty much the reason I got away from them when he was young (baseball/football). I bought my first rifle in a long time from Amy at Bangers, found her to be very knowledgable, helpful, and friendly. Since then I have been in to buy ammo, ask questions, joined the range (South Jersey Shooting Club) and to start shopping for when my 2 handgun permits come through. I have spent time talking to Chuck and Jake and would they they were both helpful and pleasant. I'm pretty much centrally located between Banger's, Hauge's and Bob's, I'll most likely make Banger's my "home" shop.

I have also stopped in, bought some ammo, checked out the stock, and had a conversation with a little place called County Sports in Carney's Point, nice guy, nice inventory for a small shop.

Getting back to guns after not touching them for about 25 years (my kid out of the military got me back into guns, he was pretty much the reason I got away from them when he was young (baseball/football). I bought my first rifle in a long time from Amy at Bangers, found her to be very knowledgable, helpful, and friendly. Since then I have been in to buy ammo, ask questions, joined the range (South Jersey Shooting Club) and to start shopping for when my 2 handgun permits come through. I have spent time talking to Chuck and Jake and would they they were both helpful and pleasant. I'm pretty much centrally located between Banger's, Hauge's and Bob's, I'll most likely make Banger's my "home" shop.

I have also stopped in, bought some ammo, checked out the stock, and had a conversation with a little place called County Sports in Carney's Point, nice guy, nice inventory for a small shop.

+1 for Bangers

I've dealt with the guys at bangers. same experience. Amy is very nice and helpful. Chuck is ok as well. The brother has the "you should know better than come here and talk to me if you don't know your shit" attitude but once you get to talk to him he's a pretty nice guy. There is a guy in the pro shop named John. he's very helpful and very nice. you can't help but think he's a nice guy right away.

The shop is very clean, but the selection could be larger based on the size of the store. There is a dedicated indoor archery range and pro shop with targets, bows, and accessories. when i was there the gun section was a little thin.. quite a few long guns on the wall but very few pistols. Ammo was also low.

The Range (south Jersey Shooting Club) very conveniently located  on the property so you can buy and shoot right there if you are a member. 

I've bought a few guns from Bangers and have had a few things transferred in. I usually visit them once a month or so. it all depends on when i can get to go shooting and spend time at the range.

I would recommend going there if you are in the area.

the new guy John is a nice guy, I talked to him a few times.

On the other hand, it seems to be getting pretty crowded behind the counter with people sitting around and talking to each other and blocking the view of the guns on the wall. Last time there were three/four in one group, three/four in another, one person helping customers by going around the groups to talk to the customer. They need some leadership in that place

Was actually in there tonight. They have a pretty solid rifle and shotgun selection. Handgun selection isn't that great but I just that depends on what your looking for. They have plenty have magpul AR mags. I thought I saw pinned 20's and 30's.  No 9 and I believe no 22lr. But looked like plenty of 223 and 40.

Was actually in there tonight. They have a pretty solid rifle and shotgun selection. Handgun selection isn't that great but I just that depends on what your looking for. They have plenty have magpul AR mags. I thought I saw pinned 20's and 30's.  No 9 and I believe no 22lr. But looked like plenty of 223 and 40.

Yep, they got a shipment from us :)