Larry1851

Bob's Little Sport Shop On Fire!

You're right, there isn't a forum like this.  It's a private Facebook page.  I was typing quickly.

Thought so. 

I believe the owners are members of the Glassboro Fire company as well- from what I just gathered on Google. 

Hope everyone is OK, I actually know a guy who works there for store credit :lol: 

A lot of times I have heard fires from tracer ammo and the place was dead last night! The rso josh was in jus about every lane jus being friendly and checking shit out he woulda cought something like that! I wonder what it's from?

best is just gonna be to wait till they get it totally out, and wait for the reports.

that said.......it pisses me off to no end that those fire hydrants weren't working.........i thought that those things were tested a couple times a year........

best is just gonna be to wait till they get it totally out, and wait for the reports.

that said.......it pisses me off to no end that those fire hydrants weren't working.........i thought that those things were tested a couple times a year........

I used to live two blocks away, my friend still does! A broken fire hydrant is something that just shouldn't happen.

I'm a former volunteer firefighter, and although most of my district doesn't have hydrants(we used tankers), we would test the ones we did have at least every six months...most of the time it would be 3-4 times a year.  Some used to get used a lot more than that for drills and calls(one area has treated city water, we preferred to fill the tanks of our trucks with that since it was "clean" water. 

We found quite a few problems with one shopping centers hydrants/pump system(for the sprinkler systems), and had to call the property manager to get them fixed ASAP. 

One problem is when you get a hydrant at the end of a line...it has very low pressure.  If another truck is pulling water from a nearby hydrant further up the line, you'll have essentially a dead hydrant at the end. 

From their facebook page:

Thank you all for your kind words and support. We are thankful that no one was injured and everyone is doing well! Unfortunately the range is no longer functional but we are happy to say the shop is still standing. We want to send a special thank you out to Glassboro, Pitman, Monroe, Williamstown and Washington Township Fire Departments as well as Glassboro Police Department. We will try to keep you as updated as possible throughout this process. Thank you again for all of your support, hope to see you all soon!

Who's betting on someone using tracer ammo?

Generally a range fire is caused by unburnt/smoldering powder residue that is swept into the trap. Ranges that use shredded tires as "catch" material are particularly susceptible to range fires. Glad that all are OK. Bob & company are good people.

Adios,

Pizza Bob