Mach16lt

Kimber TLE Custom II - First Shots

Just got home from the range with my new Kimber TLE Custom II. I gotta say, I love this gun. It's my first 1911 and I couldnt be happier right now with my selection.

Took my dad out for a trip to the range for Father's day... And lets just say he had a big ole smile on his face shooting that .45. He's still pretty new at shooting, but with this gun, he was leaps and bounds better than he was with my Glock 22. I believe he is a big fan of the SA trigger.

Only 1 hickup... A failure to feed... I'm going to chalk it up to break-in for right now. Happened with the factory mag, so might just be the cheapo that came with the gun. I picked up some Kimber Tac mags with it as well... no issues with them.

Just wanted to share a few pics with the forum. I was pretty impressed with my first shots at 7 yards... Image below is of 3 mags (21 bullets)... not bad with only 5 holes.

And I just gotta say... I'm such a sucker for that black tacti-cool look.

Congrats on the new Kimber.  I second the suggestion to get some Wilson Combat magazines.  They work much better in my Kimber Eclipse Custom II.  I also agree that the Kimber in .45 cal is much easier to shoot than the G22 .40 cal which I also have.  The heavy gun absorbs the recoil so much better.  Enjoy it.  Kimber makes a nice .22 cal conversion kit for the gun, I took my wife out with it this morning.

Hey thanks guys!

Definitely did my research (or tried to as much as I could)... It was a close race between Kimber, a Springfield Range Officer, or something from the Sig line. I loved the look of the range officer, but wasnt a fan of the sights on there.

I fell for the Kimber when I saw it... and I have a friend that has a stainless model and he loves it... So, I was sold. The only modification I think I'll do, is adding a magwell at some point.

And thanks for the advice... If I still have some more problems, I'll probably switch to Wilson mags... But I'll see if theres any other issues that come up during the break in.

I must have some sort of mystical connection with that gun already... I've never shot a group like that before. I was all proud of myself yesterday when I shot that... Then we went to pick up my wife's new M&P shield, and I had trouble just keeping it in the "A" box at 7 yards... That was humbling... lol

Just curious about what you didn't like about the sights on the Range Officer.

2 things really... I didn't like the giant rear sight, and I didn't like the small cutout for a very understated front sight.

Overall I felt like accuracy might be ok, but my target acquisition would suffer greatly...

I believe you. It is still weird that I have always had feeding issues with the Kimber mags and have never had the problems with the Mcormick. I will have to pull them both apart maybe there is a difference with the followers or something. Thanks for the info I did not know that just talking from personal experience and what others have told me