Sign in to follow this  
diamondd817

AR15 Foregrips Legal?

I have someone on another site who works at a gun store in NJ telling me a foregrip on an AR makes it illegal.  

Here is his quote:

Nice pictures of the AR-15 lookalikes. Not to be the one to pee in your cornflakes, but a foregrip is NOT legal on the gun in NJ. It counts as a third item and therefore what you have a picture of there is a NJ Assault weapon. We run into this at our range now and then, and I am repeating what the NJSP firearms unit has relayed to us at the gunshop I work at. Just don't want anyone to have any problems. It counts as a second pistol grip per NJSP, ergo the third item. Remember you can only have 2 in NJ. 

I hate this retarded state. House is for sale, will be emigrating to the United States shortly.

A "pistol grip", one of the evil features, is defined as extending conspicuously below the action (emphasis mine). A forward grip is hardly conspicuously below the action - he's wrong. Nuff said.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

A "pistol grip", one of the evil features, is defined as extending conspicuously below the action (emphasis mine). A forward grip is hardly conspicuously below the action - he's wrong. Nuff said.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I figured he was wrong. Thanks Pizza Bob.

Nice pictures of the AR-15 lookalikes. Not to be the one to pee in your cornflakes, but a foregrip is NOT legal on the gun in NJ. It counts as a third item and therefore what you have a picture of there is a NJ Assault weapon. We run into this at our range now and then, and I am repeating what the NJSP firearms unit has relayed to us at the gunshop I work at. Just don't want anyone to have any problems. It counts as a second pistol grip per NJSP, ergo the third item. Remember you can only have 2 in NJ. 

I hate this retarded state. House is for sale, will be emigrating to the United States shortly.

Another indicator that he doesn't know what he is talking about is the part I highlighted in red.

In NJ you can only have ONE, the second classifies it as an assault weapon.

Just to be clear..........................

Another indicator that he doesn't know what he is talking about is the part I highlighted in red.

In NJ you can only have ONE, the second classifies it as an assault weapon.

Just to be clear..........................

He is referring to evil features, one being the detachable magazine, the second being the pistol grip.  Which means a collapsible stock or bayonet would be a third, and with his line of thinking a foregrip counts as a third evil feature, which it does not.

A detachable mag is not an evil feature - the law states that a Semi-Auto rifle that accepts detachable mags

cannot have more than one of the evil features.

Example: AR style rifles have a Pistol Grip (1 evil feature) if you add another (making it 2 evil features) it is

then classified as an Assault weapon.

A detachable mag is not an evil feature - the law states that a Semi-Auto rifle that accepts detachable mags

cannot have more than one of the evil features.

Example: AR style rifles have a Pistol Grip (1 evil feature) if you add another (making it 2 evil features) it is

then classified as an Assault weapon.

I think some would argue that " semi auto" is an evil feature.

I think some would argue that " semi auto" is an evil feature.

they would be arguing that incorrectly... semi auto and detachable magazines are qualifiers for the evil feature game..

it is 

semi auto and detachable mag may ONLY have ONE evil feature..