Howard

The PERFECT Fathers day gift

When I took up shooting in February my wife's first reaction was to tell me if I got a gun I would be getting a divorce too.  Well she gradually accepted my having the guns, but did not want to touch them or even see them.  Well this morning she went with me to the range and actually fired a few shots.  She was very nervous about it but I have to give her credit for actually going and giving it a try.  Thanks Honey!!!

That great man. Ive been trying to get my fiance to the range with me, and she want to go, but we have 20 month old and 5 month old so its been tough to get both of us to have free time to go. Hopefully sometime soon we can get a babysitter and she'll come. I cant wait to see her face! i figure ill start her off with my 15-22 and go from there. 

My wife has no interest in guns but doesn't care if I have them.  She has grudgingly shot a few times - I want her to know how to use it if she has to.   If she doesn't decide it's the hobby for her - still great that she's willing to go along with what makes you happy.  Make sure she knows you appreciate her sacrifice. 

Was surprised this Father's Day. The wife found a sitter and we both went to range 14 for a few hours then went to Iron Hill for dinner. A good day. She told me again that she hates my P226 and wants a revolver. This time she shot my AR and she's not nearly as afraid of it as she was when I got it.

Get any women on a M&P 15-22 with a red dot and they will love the sport of shooting forever. Start them off right with a 22 semi auto and slowely build them up to the bigger calibers!

You will have a pro in no time. Most women I've worked with pick up the accuracy part quicker then men. They sometime have a harder time learning the controls, but when they get it down they are golden.

Wow I'm a very lucky guy. My wife and I go to the range together almost every week and she really likes it. This past Thursday we rented a Kel-Tec SU-22. After a few hiccups, she is left eye dominant but does everything right handed she tried to shoot lefty and was very successful. After we were done she said "I want to buy one of those"

Now I have to find one.

Get any women on a M&P 15-22 with a red dot and they will love the sport of shooting forever. Start them off right with a 22 semi auto and slowely build them up to the bigger calibers!

You will have a pro in no time. Most women I've worked with pick up the accuracy part quicker then men. They sometime have a harder time learning the controls, but when they get it down they are golden.

as long as their eyesight is good enough for just a RDS..  my wife will most likely love shootng the 15-22, but she's blind as a bat so i got a scope for mine..

Get a flip to the side magnifier for the rds and even someone with an astigmatism can use it! It "fixes" the eye issues through magnification.

as long as their eyesight is good enough for just a RDS..  my wife will most likely love shootng the 15-22, but she's blind as a bat so i got a scope for mine..

When I took up shooting in February my wife's first reaction was to tell me if I got a gun I would be getting a divorce too.  Well she gradually accepted my having the guns, but did not want to touch them or even see them.  Well this morning she went with me to the range and actually fired a few shots.  She was very nervous about it but I have to give her credit for actually going and giving it a try.  Thanks Honey!!!

Awesome feeling, right? My wife went the other day with me and it was just great. She did great with the 9mm and loved the MP15-22. Not sure she'll do it again but mission accomplished!

I talked my daughter into helping RON at the Glock match. She also shot the match with me. It was her first match and she has given every excuse why she couldn't shoot matches. Well she had fun and is going to start shooting the steel matches with me.

It's great that she had fun. She said it was much different then she thought.