vmastro87

Humane way to kill an injured chipmunk

Ok im sorry for the response i put that wasnt allowed to post. I had to vomit first before i wrote this but what you should do is call animal control then check to see if its still breathing If not carefully lift it gently and put it in a box and bury it Gentlty it has a soul. If it is still breathing carefully hit it with snake shot so it unfortunately will pass very quickly and humanely. wtf stamp on it and put it in the can !! Little rat.

I found would looked to be an injured ant today. It appeared to have an issue with one of it's legs, and wasn't walking right. I wasn't quite sure what to do so called animal control. They were very nice but not too helpful, and told me I should called an exterminator. They didn't seem to understand I was only talking about 1 injured ant.

I debated about throwing it in the toilet. Or stepping on it. Or lighting it on fire. I dug around in a drawer and found a magnifying glass. I remember as a kid some others using that to burn them. It didn't work, probably because it was around 10pm, and the sun was not up. I'm not positive though.

The ant crawled away, under some furniture. I haven't been able to find it again, and my dog is uninterested. I have my .22 pistol with me just in case it shows up though.

I found would looked to be an injured ant today. It appeared to have an issue with one of it's legs, and wasn't walking right. I wasn't quite sure what to do so called animal control. They were very nice but not too helpful, and told me I should called an exterminator. They didn't seem to understand I was only talking about 1 injured ant.

I debated about throwing it in the toilet. Or stepping on it. Or lighting it on fire. I dug around in a drawer and found a magnifying glass. I remember as a kid some others using that to burn them. It didn't work, probably because it was around 10pm, and the sun was not up. I'm not positive though.

The ant crawled away, under some furniture. I haven't been able to find it again, and my dog is uninterested. I have my .22 pistol with me just in case it shows up though.

Ants make a popcorn popping sounds under a propane torch.

Never discard of an ant into a toilet bowl. They can live for years under water and may resurface at an inopertune time and crawl up your ass while your doing your business. Think I'm kidding? It happened to a friend of a friend of mines sisters uncle. They had to shove an ant trap up there to flush him out (no pun intended).

Not sure how superheat applies to gasses, or anything with a fugacity near 1. If there are superheated gasses, then it includes the air I am breathing right now.

To make things way more complicated than they need to be, I used the disclaimer that car exhaust contains superheat "sort of" only because there is water vapor with energy beyond latent heat. Not because it means anything at all, just because I am accustomed to defending myself from all kinds of moronic challenges.

If you leave a bicycle pump out in the rain, you might as well put the scissors in the oven.

Call me a sissy if you want, but I agree with OP. Some of you guys are heartless. Squash with your boot? This isn't a bug we're talking about, this is a mammal with a complex central nervous system! It feels pain and understands fear.

For people who claim to care about rights, you sure don't give a shit about this animal's right to leave you alone and do its chipmunk thing (it's not like it attacked your cat or got inside your attic and damaged the underside of your roof).

OP: as others have said, time to get off the internet, find it and put it down with a 22. One 22 pop under your deck shouldn't catch any attention. If you're really worried, check your town noise ordinances. Even though my town has homes close together, the only noise stuff is about music. But I doubt it'll be an issue. Just do the right thing

Gotta say I agree with you Pythagoras. It's a little disconcerting that so many gun owners are finding joy and entertainment in coming up with greusome ways to kill an animal, or in sarcastically berating the OP because he wants to act humanely.

Not a very good PR image of gun owners...

And yes, I would have just popped it with a .22 right away without asking for ideas on these forums.

Chipmunks while cute n all, can cause a lot of damage...they burrow out tunnels down against the foundation of houses...not good. Couple years back had a chipmunk problem...google chipmunk death pool...in the end they're rodents.  

You guys are so terribly gruesome.

I don't know how you could even talk about killing such cute creatures. God made them, God will take them out of this world.

You're all meanies. And sad.

Posted Image

Damn the one with the glasses is really cute. You have her number?

Sent from my hidden under ground bunker between Taco Bell and the dry cleaner

I once read a story of a GF making her BF get up early in the morning to get the worms that were drying out on the driveway back into the soil,.  Now that's messed up.

I once read a story of a GF making her BF get up early in the morning to get the worms that were drying out on the driveway back into the soil,.  Now that's messed up.

That's funny! Actually I thought about that. After a rain I'd try to steer the stupid (?) things to the lawn (who's stupid?).

On a same note, when sent out to put an electrical line back up, there was a squirrel (that caused the wire to come down) with all the hair (fur?) burned off running around in circles in the gutter and I gave it a "rabbit punch" to put it out of it's misery and a woman nearby started screaming like crazy and flipping out and was going to call the cops until I explained why i did it.

WTF is a 'rabbit punch', lol.

When dispatching wild or domesticated rabbit, you hold them up by their ears so they are immobilized, strike down at the base of their skull for a quick kill. A sharp rap will separate the skull from the spine.

Depending on the mind set of the Chipmunk its possible you might be able to talk him into taking his own life.

I would not help him in any way other then advice as you may have a legal issue with PETA

sui.jpg

What is with the blue hard hats i thought it was china..   Is someone also threatening to jump from over head?