Purple Patrick

Unofficial NJGF Burger Thread

So I know we have a pizza thread but screw that noise burgers are so much better *flamesuit on

Here's some reviews of local places by me that have over the top great meat on a bun(or other burger medium) feel free to add yours!

My lunch today from turf n surf grill in warren nj. This is a brand new place with some great guys running it churning out amazing burgers. Prices range from like $7-10 depending on what you get. They have all kinds of specialty burgers and such. Here's mine. Bacon cheddar inside out burger with a fried egg over it on top of Spanish chorizo rice. I mixed in my homemade jalapeño ketchup. This thing is amazing. Really. Just look at its awesomeness

Posted Image

Another one in warren is little shanty. These guys have the best fries they put in little bits of onion in them to really give them a nicer flavor. Burgers are alittle expensive for what you get but overall still a really good place and they donate meals to good shelters for every combo bought.

25 burgers bound brook nj. I discovered them a few years ago when they had 1 location. Now they have maybe 8? Another place run by great people. They obviously have 25 different burgers to choose from my favorites being the bullseye burger and the chipotle bison burger. Burgers are $6-10 but they have a good $5 menu.

Share with us what you love and I swear if someone mentions 5 guys I will put a picture of your kid holding a gun up on Facebook

Sent from my hidden under ground bunker between Taco Bell and the dry cleaner

No pics but in Monmouth County my go to places for burgers are Barnacle Bill's in Rumson or Jacks Goal Line Stand in Long Branch

That pic of yours looks bangin btw.

My sister goes to Monmouth ill have to check those places out next time I go down

There is a country club in woodstown. That has a restaurant and bar on the grounds. Anyone can go but to order alcohol you have to be a member of the social club (anyone can join) this place has the best damn burgers and they are huge. The bar is called "bull on the 19th" the restaurant is called "creek side inn"

http://bullonthe19th.com/

They do one burger where the bacon is coated in brown sugar. It's great

I'm a big fan of Five Guys.  Great burgers, and I love how they list which farm in Idaho produced the potatoes they are using in that day's fries.

I'm a big fan of Five Guys. Great burgers, and I love how they list which farm in Idaho produced the potatoes they are using in that day's fries.

Did you read the end of my first post?

My sister goes to Monmouth ill have to check those places out next time I go down

I went to Monmouth, Jack's is literally right down the road.  They also have awesome wings that are .25/each if you go there before 7.  We used to go and get wings/beer before our night classes lol.  

Bill's is about a 15 min drive north of where the school is, but def worth it.  

Did you read the end of my first post?

Limiting debate and refusing to listen to dissenting opinions?   Who are you, a NJ assemblyman?   :icon_e_biggrin:

While it's a chain, Red Robin is the first place I ever had a fried egg on my burger and I'll be damned if it wasn't one of the best things I've ever tried.

Five Guy is good everyone once in awhile, but I would never put it in the GREAT burgers level....to me it's just a fancier fast food.

Here's me at place called Denny's Beer Barrel Pub, in PA, a few years back.

Dennys002.jpg

While it's a chain, Red Robin is the first place I ever had a fried egg on my burger and I'll be damned if it wasn't one of the best things I've ever tried.

Five Guy is good everyone once in awhile, but I would never put it in the GREAT burgers level....to me it's just a fancier fast food.

Posted Image

That looks freaking sick

Dennys002.jpg

1117257d1370981615-what-your-next-watch-

Dennys002.jpg

drooling_homer.gif

Hamburgao in Newark. A Brazilian hamburger mini chain where the burger contains everything from a grilled steak,sliced ham,several cheeses,dressed salad,shoe sting potatoes,fried egg in addition to the beef patty.

I just saw the OP mentioned 25 Burgers. They have one of these in West Deptford, I've only been their once and it was terrible. It took over 25 minutes to get our take out order, our burgers were black and burnt to a crisp and the milkshake my GF got was just soft serve in a cup, she actually just ate it with a spoon.

Maybe I should give them a 2nd chance, but I was REALLY so turned off with our past trip there.

Nobody else tried Bobby's Burger Palace yet?

I have it's pretty good I like the chips on the burger thing but I've been doing that at home forever. Try hot fries on a burger yummmmyyy

I just saw the OP mentioned 25 Burgers. They have one of these in West Deptford, I've only been their once and it was terrible. It took over 25 minutes to get our take out order, our burgers were black and burnt to a crisp and the milkshake my GF got was just soft serve in a cup, she actually just ate it with a spoon.

Maybe I should give them a 2nd chance, but I was REALLY so turned off with our past trip there.

I didn't realize 25 Burgers had a place down this way. I've been to the one in Linden once and it was great. Another place to try is Cheeburger Cheeburger, they have locations in Lawrencville and Hamilton. The one in Hamilton is right down the road from Cheyenne Mtn.

Nobody else tried Bobby's Burger Palace yet?

Standing argument with one of the guys I play cards with while we have lunch with every day.

he loves Bobby's Burgers.  I took my family there once, and was greatly disappointed.

I say Barnacle Bills and he says Bobby's, and we break each others balls about it.

"Oh...let's put chips on burger...that'll be 12 dollars please."

Not a big fan of Flay's joint.  I give him credit for a good marketing concept...I'm just not into fast food in a place where the stools are bolted to the floor.