jauslong

What is a fair price for used 10/22 with scope and extra mags

I've been thinking of getting a 10/22 takedown for plinking.  I like that it folds up and can travel easily.  Even if there are few places in NJ where it would be allowed.  Saw one at RTSP, they wanted $400.  Cabela's might have one, $350, plus another X dollars in gas.  So, either way, figure about $400.

Got to talking guns with an uncle over the weekend.  He's got a 10/22 carbine he's looking to get rid of.  It's got a big case, a scope, and who knows how many magazines for it.  Looked like between 5 and 10.  Gun is in great shape, he just kind of lost interest in it.  He wants $200.

$200 seems like a good price for that package.  What do you think?  Think I can do better? A stock 10/22 carbine isnt much more than $240 anyway, but the accessories it comes with are nice.

I appreciate your advice.

200 is a fair price. I got a 1022 carbine for 175 with 7 mags. about 2 years ago though. that was a good deal then so i dont think 200 is much different in todays climate. If you dont want it let me know ill buy it.

Yours had a scope for $175?

If I don't buy it myself, I'm more than happy to introduce interested parties.

Two things - the takedown model is new and therefore is garnering more appeal (read "it costs more").

Second thing - the 10/22 that your Uncle has likely has a metal trigger group over the now plastic/polymer trigger group.  The metal group is much preferred.  $200 while not a steal is not a bad deal either.

you are insane not to buy it.  Hell, buy it and I'll give you the $200 and take it off your hands:)

Nice.  I guess I meant was whether I should push for a lower price.  Sounds like he is a giving me a fair deal.  Hell, he's letting me try it out first too, and I even got some 22lr from Cabela's the other day.

$200 for a 10/22 with in between 5 and 10 extra mags and a scope is not what i would consider a fair price.  it see it as a great deal right now, as long as it is in great to excellent condition. 

with a scope (anywhere from $40-$200, depending on what kind it is) and extra mags ($20 per) makes this a pretty great deal IMO.  at $200, there would be no shortage of takers on here..  hell, i would be interested in it if you weren't so far away, but you could easily get 5 or more people in your area that would buy it hands down if you are not interested

I would seriously consider just shopping around your local Big Boi sporting goods store for a distributors special combo package-  I am anti 10/22 so not only don't I have one I just don't know their pricing- but I say buy a new combo...

Both Remington and Savage have awesome to amazingly awesome rifles w/ scopes for like $200 new.  Remington's the 597, which was built purposely to go right at the 10/22.  I know the 10/22 kills it in sales and everyone will say its better, that's fine, I will say mine has been amazingly awesome and it's really cool.  Plus for example, at my Dick's Sporting Goods I think the base model is still $200 or so for the Dick's OD Green stock 597 w/ cheap Remington scope, ... and there is an upgraded similiar but Heavy Barrel model for $269.99 w/ scope.  {My Dad and I were just there and he liked the look of it so much he almost bought it on the spot but the 'lodge manager' of our local DSG in Fairless Hills is not such a nice or friendly dude to us so we bounced }

Savage also has similar- Their semi-auto rimfire is not as well known/famous and I cannot remember the model name and number but they have a very well respected Bolt action rimfire .22LR series for $2-$600+ I believe.  Very very nice.

Anyway Unless you need the newest/neatest model from the getgo check out a Dick's or even online I think you can find a combo package decently priced even a 10/22 ...no need to buy used in this case IMHO.