My grandfather brought this dagger back with him after WWII. I don't know the story of how he came by it as he passed away nearly 30 years ago. I've been researching these daggers off and on for a couple months as my parents may be interested in selling it.

Do any of you know of anyone who deals in these that I can trust?

I know they can be very valuable so I'd like to get as much as possible for my parents if they do decide to sell. Any suggestions of contacts would be greatly apppreciated!

post-5630-0-06562000-1371522393_thumb.jpg

post-5630-0-03892100-1371522397_thumb.jpg

post-5630-0-16176800-1371522445_thumb.jpg

post-5630-0-62058000-1371522448_thumb.jpg

Old boss of mine was one of the biggest collectors in the world. It's worth more if you know who's knife it was and have a little info on the guy

Unfortunately it's not a numbered dagger, although there is a shallow engraved number on the pommel that I suspect is the soldiers SS number, but I have no way of knowing for sure

I'm pretty sure the knife was made in 1934, if you didn't already figure that out. Looks to be an early model SS Standard 1933 Dagger. From quick research, apparently the makers mark 121 is unidentified.

Maybe try emailing these guys some pictures and getting an experts opinion....

http://germandressdaggers.com/index.htm

I'm pretty sure the knife was made in 1934, if you didn't already figure that out. Looks to be an early model SS Standard 1933 Dagger. From quick research, apparently the makers mark 121 is unidentified.

Maybe try emailing these guys some pictures and getting an experts opinion....

http://germandressdaggers.com/index.htm

Yes, the 121 indicates a contract number from an unknown maker and the 34 is for 1934 production.

I am planning to email the website above once I get some better photos.

I really need yo get an expert evaluation before moving forward on any sale. The price range I've seen on these how's from $1k at the low side up to $2500 so I need to know what this one is worth.

I think it looks original from the pics but it is hard to tell 100%.It is missing the chain/hangar. That will hurt the value some if it is indeed real. The dagger looks like the blade was scrubbed at some point and that is a big turnoff to a advanced collector and hurts the value a lot. There are also many faked WW2 German items, I have seen just about everything, so you buy the piece not the story. I am not doubting your story though. If it is real and you want to sell it I could point you to a place where you would probably get the most for it.You most likely will not get good money for it at a show. Keep in mind that Items like this are sometimes better off if the are kept in the family. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.