O-gre

Newark $1000 tip for illegal gun

I believe we've had a discussion on this subject awhile back but to reiterate...I believe this to be a very slippery slope, what is to stop someone who has no knowledge if my firearms are legal or not reporting me, either out of ignorance or spite or both? How do you suppose the authorities would handle the reporting and eventual follow up, especially if the firearms were inherited and /or not registered?

Too many possibilities for not only violation of my rights but catastrophic outcomes considering the climate of distrust on both sides prevalent today.

In theory it's a bad idea. In reality, it's a worse idea.

At first glance most will agree....what could be better than taking illegal firearms off the street and the hands of criminals? We pay for guns,grades in inner city schools don't we? But after thinking it out logically and identifying the possible pitfalls of a large monetary reward in order to basically spy and inform on your neighbors it begins to resemble Nazi Germany,the Stazi in the former East Germany,Franco's Spain,Pinochet's Chile et al....all promoted and  endorsed with seemingly good intentions.

Are we so jaded that a program designed to go after the very guns that are the cause of our problems becomes one big conspiracy? I'm not saying we don't have problems but come on now! They finally do,something that goes after the bad guys and you guys bitch about that too?

Are we so jaded that a program designed to go after the very guns that are the cause of our problems becomes one big conspiracy? I'm not saying we don't have problems but come on now! They finally do,something that goes after the bad guys and you guys **** about that too?

Yes, we are jaded. Say if your neighbor thinks your bad guy. Does that mean your okay with the cops coming in your house to check your weapons to make sure they are NJ legal? Or better yet, your neighbor calls the cops saying he saw you carrying one of those machine guns and the cops come at your weapons drawn.

Yes, we are jaded. Say if your neighbor thinks your bad guy. Does that mean your okay with the cops coming in your house to check your weapons to make sure they are NJ legal? Or better yet, your neighbor calls the cops saying he saw you carrying one of those machine guns and the cops come at your weapons drawn.

This is NEWARK we are talking about!

Are we so jaded that a program designed to go after the very guns that are the cause of our problems becomes one big conspiracy? I'm not saying we don't have problems but come on now! They finally do,something that goes after the bad guys and you guys **** about that too?

Yes....a resounding Yes.

This is NEWARK we are talking about!

All grand experiments and Nobel causes begin in the inner cities to gain acceptance and deflect criticism........then it migrates.

All grand experiments and Nobel causes begin in the inner cities to gain acceptance and deflect criticism........then it migrates.

That's what I was going to say. One of our brilliant senators, assemblymen or someone will go, "oh, this worked half way in Newark, let's try it in the rest of the state!"

It's Newark.  No humans involved. 

Nice.

What the basis for that statement?

Income levels?

Educational attainment?

Dependence on public assistance?

Criminality?

Drug addiction/alcoholism?

Breakdown of the nuclear family?

Or is it something else? 

Nice.

Income levels?

Educational attainment?

Criminality?

Or is it something else?

All of the above? It's Newark, it's a terrible place. If it weren't for Camden, it would be the taint of NJ

All of the above? It's Newark, it's a terrible place. If it weren't for Camden, it would be the taint of NJ

I don't see how that = there are no human beings in Newark. I worked for an insurance company in Newark for 7 years and got to know a lot of people from there. Most of them are regular 9-5 people like me (a bus driver, several cops, a cook, secretaries, business owners). Some of them really good people who do good in the world, like the hospice nurse who goes to as many funerals as her work schedule allows to share with the deceased persons family good things about the person's last days or the school teacher who teaches illiterate adults to read for free.

As for that list of ills, you find all of those same problems in equal measure throughout other parts of the country (Appalachia for instance).

I'm sure someone will say the statement was exaggerated for effect, but those are real people you're talking about and it's f@cked up to refer to them and their children as sub-human. Says more about you than it does about them.

Nice.

Income levels?

Educational attainment?

Criminality?

Or is it something else? 

That pretty much summs it up. 

IF it weren't for Newark, Trenton and Camden our gun laws would look completely different. Anyone disagree?

depends on why you feel that way. I would say no based on the idea of crime. But those cities do elect horrible politicians. Even if they were safe cities, you would still see them lean democratic because of the vast low income areas.

In theory it's a bad idea. In reality, it's a worse idea.

That should have settled it.

And, if "illegal guns" are your problem and we are too jaded too address it, whatever the heck an illegal gun is, I assume you will be coming to my Great Commonwealth to tell us how to sell guns soon just like Doucheberg.

A few of you actually deserve Jersey. Please grow deep roots.

Yes Sir, I am, we are jaded.  If you see real dangerous activity then call the cops and don't expect any dough.

Or maybe we go on a schedule pf payments. I turn you in as follows and collect:

$25 for speeding.

$10 for spitting in the street.

$20 for no turn signal.

$199 for farting in public.

$32 for lights off during rain.

$22 cause your lawn is too high.

So there.

It's Newark. No humans involved.

I live in newark .. Im a business owner, a member of saf nj2as anjrpc and the nra as well a member and regular at the woodland park range and attended all of the rallies in trenton this year... So what makes you more of a human than me ? Your ignorance?

I live in newark .. Im a business owner, a member of saf nj2as anjrpc and the nra as well a member and regular at the woodland park range and attended all of the rallies in trenton this year... So what makes you more of a human than me ? Your ignorance?

http://youtu.be/C6cxNR9ML8k

I love how on this forum you can bash a whole city without even knowing anyone from there but if you say one thing about police you get banned...

It's BECAUSE a MAJORITY of the people in these places that OUR gun rights are under attack. What part of THAT don't you get?

It's BECAUSE a MAJORITY of the people in these places that OUR gun rights are under attack. What part of THAT don't you get?

Sooo texas florida and most states dont have places like newark? Or worse?