nitrospaz9

Other hobbies.

Since you guys are talking I will ask. I have thought of getting into ham radio. Where is a good place to start learning?

Find out if you have a local ham radio club.  If so, attend some meetings and meet some of the guys.  Typically it's an "older" hobby, so a lot of the members are older folk, but a lot of them know their stuff and will help you get your license and on the air. 

As far as learning, you can buy a book from the ARRL(Amateur Radio Relay League), they run the testing for the FCC for the licenses among lots of other things. 

http://www.arrl.org/getting-licensed

Find out if you have a local ham radio club. If so, attend some meetings and meet some of the guys. Typically it's an "older" hobby, so a lot of the members are older folk, but a lot of them know their stuff and will help you get your license and on the air.

As far as learning, you can buy a book from the ARRL(Amateur Radio Relay League), they run the testing for the FCC for the licenses among lots of other things.

http://www.arrl.org/getting-licensed

I agree but I did it differently my moms dad is an extra class and has been for a long time when I was young I wanted to get into it then my dad got his and I studied and got mine I have not studied to go up a class yet but have had mine for 12 years now

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I agree but I did it differently my moms dad is an extra class and has been for a long time when I was young I wanted to get into it then my dad got his and I studied and got mine I have not studied to go up a class yet but have had mine for 12 years now and I'm only 24

Not much free time these days, but...

My 2001 SVT Mustang Cobra

Casual off roading in the Jeep

Fishing (freshwater fly mostly, casual saltwater bait casting)

Golf

Casual surfing

I've also recently been "dragged" back into the BSA. It's something that I should have been doing for years, but finally got the kick in the pants to re-register.

Off roading, prefer rock crawling over the mud holes.

Kayaking

Bike riding

Fresh water fishing

Black powder hunting

Cooking, smoker n grilling. Folks seem to really like my ribs n pulled pork.

Baking

I find it really relaxing to prepare a huge holiday dinner from start to finish. Appetizers to desserts. Even clean up is easy since I do that as I go along.

Used to go motorcycling but it's just to scary any more, people got their heads up their butts.