Pistol Permits in Bayville

Applied 5-2. Told At least 3 months. Called 6-18, references still had not received papers. I was told they were not sent out yet!. 45 days to send out 2 letters? Then told the detectives do their internal work. Is this BS or what?  60 days the mayor is getting a call.

I have not applied for permits in over a year, but Bayville has always taken their sweet time. The excuse they always use is that only one girl does the paperwork, and she is part-time.

Before the panic, p2ps took about 4-5 months. I do not even want to know what it takes now.

Tony, That is BS, As a business in town they should bend over backwards. Lacey was 2 weeks, they would not even bother with referals. any more :fan: . This town is murder.

I put in the paper work in Manchester on 12/20/2012 and still waiting. I call every week and Im told that the file is on the Sergeants desk and he will get to it when he gets a chance. When I moved to the crappy town it took me 9 month just for an address change.

Start e-mailing the mayor,complain in the mail about your rights being violated. File a suit! What are they going to do? Make you wait? Time to lawyer-up!

Bayville is notorious for screwing up peoples paperwork. From losing paperwork to just plain ol' dragging their feet. With me they claimed there was a problem with my finger prints. My response: "I've held a top secret clearance, bonded by the state and work a form of law enforcement and my prints haven't changed". Magically three day later my I get the call that my prints were found and the paperwork is ready. Good Ol' Bayville

I put in the paper work in Manchester on 12/20/2012 and still waiting. I call every week and Im told that the file is on the Sergeants desk and he will get to it when he gets a chance. When I moved to the crappy town it took me 9 month just for an address change.

How long has it been on the sergeants desk? I applied in April, the last time i called Leslie (who has always been very friendly and helpful) she said they are just waiting on something from the county so it shouldn't be much longer. She also mentioned that they were assigning another detective to help process applications on Monday because they had so many new ones to get through. I was optimistic till i read your post...

I thought this nonsense was over. Some towns are still taking their sweet time getting the P2P's back to their taxpayers.  Just when we get NICS checks back to normal they are starting up the delays again.

I cant believe Bayville is that screwed up....only took 32 days in Toms River and that was with a couple of hiccups on my record.  Just goes to show how having a Pro 2A chief helps speed things along.  I hope you get yours soon man.

I cant believe Bayville is that screwed up....only took 32 days in Toms River and that was with a couple of hiccups on my record. Just goes to show how having a Pro 2A chief helps speed things along. I hope you get yours soon man.

Yea same in my town Stafford township. Very pro gun here and there is always someone to speak to if questions or issues arise.

I cant believe Bayville is that screwed up....only took 32 days in Toms River and that was with a couple of hiccups on my record.  Just goes to show how having a Pro 2A chief helps speed things along.  I hope you get yours soon man.

How long ago did it take 32 days?  I can tell you it isn't like that for everyone.  I have had mixed results so far in TR.  One batch took 3 months, another 30 days, and the last one (recently) was 2 1/2 months.  

I also know that several other members here in TR have waited 3 months or more for their FID and permits.

How long has it been on the sergeants desk? I applied in April, the last time i called Leslie (who has always been very friendly and helpful) she said they are just waiting on something from the county so it shouldn't be much longer. She also mentioned that they were assigning another detective to help process applications on Monday because they had so many new ones to get through. I was optimistic till i read your post...

I have been stopping by the PD or calling Leslie every week for the last 6 weeks and every time it's the same BS story. " It's one the sergeants desk." " It should be another week" " we had a homicide, we are very busy" and yes for the last 6 weeks they are gonna " assign another detective"

I would suggest you write (e-mail) to the Chief of Police in bayvill

and ask her (politely) what the policy is and ask for an explanation as to why

it is taking so long?

She what she says...............

Name: Karin DiMichele
Department: Police
Title: Chief Work Phone: 732-341-1132 Work Email:
[email protected]

I lived in bayville the first 16 years of my life ... with all that crime cut them some slack buddy... lolololol. Always thought it was a pretty laidback town but last time I drove through it looked like the hamptons in the pines... maybe all that money brought in some hippidy dippidys... sucks good luck

Lavallette ... June 27,2012 to March 16,2013 for a change of address and 2 handgun permits.

Writing - emailing the Chiefs is an exorcize in administrative futility.  Go to the dispatchers desk and request a FTF meeting with the Chief.  No results?  Contact the Council person in charge of Safety (Police Dept) - explain status and find out WHEN?  Be sure to explain to the Council person the 30 day statute and ask why their Police Dept doesn't follow State law 

Lavallette ... June 27,2012 to March 16,2013 for a change of address and 2 handgun permits.

Writing - emailing the Chiefs is an exorcize in administrative futility.  Go to the dispatchers desk and request a FTF meeting with the Chief.  No results?  Contact the Council person in charge of Safety (Police Dept) - explain status and find out WHEN?  Be sure to explain to the Council person the 30 day statute and ask why their Police Dept doesn't follow State law 

I'm sure that going over the Chief's head (or around their back) will do nothing to help your cause, but might just 

delay it even further (like you application is lost)!

Contacting the Chief's office is always the best route (IMO) and be a a little patient, the chief is running a whole department

and it may take a few days to get back to you.......

Re Lavalette,

I hate the fact that towns can ignore the 30-day edict, but shore towns that got their teeth kicked in by the storm get a pass in my book for this past winter. They had much bigger things to deal with. A cop on the street preventing looting is a better use of man power, IMHO, than sitting at a desk dealing with NJ's bs paperwork for fid's and p2p's.

How long ago did it take 32 days?  I can tell you it isn't like that for everyone.  I have had mixed results so far in TR.  One batch took 3 months, another 30 days, and the last one (recently) was 2 1/2 months.  

I also know that several other members here in TR have waited 3 months or more for their FID and permits.

I filed my paperwork and fingerprints on April 4th, 2013 and recieved my FID and 3 P2Ps on May 6, 2013.  I had heard some of the other stories as well but it seems like it is getting better now.

when i applied for mine in february this year i went down to the station picked up my application on a monday went thursday for prints and i had my FID and permit on that monday in Howell Township. That is when things were bad. I would imagine that things are moving along the same here. I hate how different towns take different periods of time to receive theirs.

This x 100. There are plenty of towns that get it done within a month, or even less. The one's that don't are understaffed or don't give a S about your rights.  Neither should be acceptable to a tax paying resident.

Bayville is notorious for screwing up peoples paperwork. From losing paperwork to just plain ol' dragging their feet. With me they claimed there was a problem with my finger prints. My response: "I've held a top secret clearance, bonded by the state and work a form of law enforcement and my prints haven't changed". Magically three day later my I get the call that my prints were found and the paperwork is ready. Good Ol' Bayville

Yeah - my experience exactly.  I'm a reference for a guy in Bayville and they used the "we lost your references" to which I had told him "no problem, I have a copy, tell me where to email it"

Just like your experience, once that was said they "magically" found his reference letters.

Is it normal for most towns to mail out reference forms for the applicant?  Here in Pemberton I was given the reference forms, and had to have my references fill them out so that I could hand them in with the rest of the paperwork.  I submitted all the paperwork on March 19th, and got my FID and P2P on May 17.  I was really surprised because everyone I talked to said it would take at least three months.